New castle show Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to open this summer at the Magic Kingdom

Jones14

Actually, in the case of Nightmare Before Christmas, I've heard that they have to ask Tim Burton's permission, and he always says "No" when it comes to a stand-alone attraction.
What? That's insane. If that's the case, I get HMH a bit more, but I still don't agree with it taking over the Mansion.

COProgressFan

Though TDO refuses to spend the cash for most of the overlays, which is cheap on their part, I have to admit that I breathe a sigh of relief whenever Haunted Mansion Holiday gets kicked out of the Mansion. To me, the story is nearly as contrived and intrusive as Frozen in Norway (I know some will disagree) and seems to come from a place of inherent cheapness on TDA's part as well.

Why give a popular IP that moves merchandise (an executive's wet dream) a dedicated attraction that could then be marketed during two major holiday seasons as the headlining attraction when you can mar one of the resort's best attractions for a third of the year for a fraction of the cost?

I know the last part of that question is the answer to it, but HMH has always stuck out to me as a reflection of TDA's classics be damned if there's money to be made attitude, even if there's a better solution to be had. So on one hand, I wish TDO were a bit more free with their wallets, but on the other, sometimes that serves as the only barrier between Star Wars in Disneyland, Guardians in the Tower, Nemo in the subs, and Nightmare Before Christmas in the Mansion.

I can definitely see your argument regarding the Mansion conversion. I'm not the biggest fan either. I know it works in DL, but I'm not entirely sure it would in WDW.

But as far as Small World, Country Bears, and Space Mountain overlays, that's just being cheap and lazy.

brb1006

Looking back, this might had been the first time we gotten to see Mickey and Minnie's new heads before we seen actual photos of them at Shanghai Disney.

brb1006

Yes, they are on the first float together with Donald and Scrooge McDuck.
The last time the trio had been seen at any Disney Park was back in the 80's and early 90's for both WDW and Disneyland. Hopefully they might return to both parks when the DuckTales reboot airs next year on Disney XD.

jrhwdw

I can't say that I'm surprised. I thought the refrains of On This Day and Halloween Celebration sounded alike when MRFF opened. Did the same composer work on both of them? Christmas should be interesting.

jrhwdw

It's hoedown music! In a fantasy themed show! "And now, a charming piece of instrumentation, provided by Sirs Festus and Jim-Bob."
No different than Mickey's Halloween Celebration with hoedown music going down MS USA and Fantasyland in DLP or country bears going down MS USA in MK'S old Christmas and Easter Parades!

Matt_Black

No different than Mickey's Halloween Celebration with hoedown music going down MS USA and Fantasyland in DLP or country bears going down MS USA in MK'S old Christmas and Easter Parades!

I'll forgive those, as various bits of Americana have lodged shindigs and hootenannies as part of the holidays in my consciousness, consarnit.

brb1006

I can't say that I'm surprised. I thought the refrains of On This Day and Halloween Celebration sounded alike when MRFF opened. Did the same composer work on both of them? Christmas should be interesting.
I'm actually really curious about the new Christmas show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom