So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue (Discussion Thread)

FigmentPigments

@JokersWild
I haven't seen that, but it looks spectacular. I'm not expecting much, as they don't tend to put a huge ton into water park attractions, but it's great to see both Oceaneer get some sort of attraction, and some sort of story-driven attraction (presumably) be built in a water park.

I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Okay, I think I've been an idiot. Just found this on Brisbane. Joker, please tell me you didn't already know this. I've had this saved to look at later and just now got around to it.

The other entertainment highlight (new for this year) is Horrors of the Amazon, a stage show featuring Jonas Brisbane, a Jungle River Cruise Skipper who wants to join S.E.A. (yes, a S.E.A tie-in!), who recounts his exploits in the jungle during a 20-minute show inside Theatre in the Wild as he brings out some of bizarre creatures he captured. He’s sort of like a less devious Harrison Hightower who collects freaks instead of idols and artifacts, with the storylines between Hotel Hightower and Brisbane being very similar.
halloween-2014-hong-kong-disneyland-004-M.jpg

I believe his fez is on display at the Skipper Canteen. I need to check my pictures to make sure.

JokersWild

@JokersWild

Okay, I think I've been an idiot. Just found this on Brisbane. Joker, please tell me you didn't already know this. I've had this saved to look at later and just now got around to it.

The other entertainment highlight (new for this year) is Horrors of the Amazon, a stage show featuring Jonas Brisbane, a Jungle River Cruise Skipper who wants to join S.E.A. (yes, a S.E.A tie-in!), who recounts his exploits in the jungle during a 20-minute show inside Theatre in the Wild as he brings out some of bizarre creatures he captured. He’s sort of like a less devious Harrison Hightower who collects freaks instead of idols and artifacts, with the storylines between Hotel Hightower and Brisbane being very similar.
halloween-2014-hong-kong-disneyland-004-M.jpg

I believe his fez is on display at the Skipper Canteen. I need to check my pictures to make sure.
That's super interesting and I hadn't heard of that before. I definitely need to check it out when it debuts (whenever that may be.).

And I don't believe that his fez is in Skipper Canteen. I don't remember it at least.

FigmentPigments

That's super interesting and I hadn't heard of that before. I definitely need to check it out when it debuts (whenever that may be.).

And I don't believe that his fez is in Skipper Canteen. I don't remember it at least.
The name is really ringing a bell, and I'm almost positive I've seen it somewhere before. I definitely want to check my pictures.

It looks like this debuted in Hong Kong in 2014.

Here's a video. It's in Cantonese, but it should give you some idea.

JokersWild

Hey guys, super off topic but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a place where past projects from when the game wasa played on the old sywtbai.com forum are archived/posted?
Oh god that's a whole can of worms, haha.

I've been spending the past 2ish years trying to find a lot of the content lost in SYWTBAI/VF's closing, but I haven't found a ton. The season I have the most complete, I believe is Season 10, so I do have some of the stuff that you've worked on somewhere in a google doc. Past that, there's not much and what I do have is usually incomplete.

On that note, if you want to take a look at what I've salvaged, by all means. Or, on the off chance, you have a few old files still please shoot them over to me as I'd love to get my hands on them.

comics101

Oh god that's a whole can of worms, haha.

I've been spending the past 2ish years trying to find a lot of the content lost in SYWTBAI/VF's closing, but I haven't found a ton. The season I have the most complete, I believe is Season 10, so I do have some of the stuff that you've worked on somewhere in a google doc. Past that, there's not much and what I do have is usually incomplete.

On that note, if you want to take a look at what I've salvaged, by all means. Or, on the off chance, you have a few old files still please shoot them over to me as I'd love to get my hands on them.

Heh yeah I knew it'd be a tall order. I'd definitely love to see what you've got though, that'd be great. As far as what I have, I think I've got some stuff from season 11, but not much. I know for sure I have my team's version of The Great Movie Ride, and I think there's some other stuff. It's on my old computer, and I'm out of town at the moment, but as soon as I get home I'll reach out.

MANEATINGWREATH

I found a blog from Tiki on Season Eight, this looks like the project (along with most of Season Eight if you scroll through)
http://imagineeringarchives.blogspot.com/2013/03/season-eight-project-one-mirror.html?m=1

My all-time favorite season of SYWTBAI. Not only was it my first time hosting the game, but it was also the one and only timed I have collaborated on a piece with @KingMickey, the man, the myth, the legend.

Season Eight was definitely the most dramatic season I've ever took part in. Season Nine was a close second with the PM Gate Scandal, but in regards to Season Eight, something new happened almost everyday. I miss it.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
@IDInstitute @RMichael21 @Flippin'Flounder any thoughts on the cast so far?

I'm still going through the individual cast interviews so I don't really have a favorite yet, but I just have to laugh at Probst's explanation for the twist as it's comically inaccurate. According to Probst they wanted to do the Gen X vs. Millenials thing because...

A. They wanted to cast MORE young people in the game (because god knows the army of 20-something bikini chicks that have been cast on the show don't speak to the fact that casting tends to skew young in the first place...although granted not AS young as Big Brother where if I played that game in five years I'd definitely be considered the "old man" of the house which is terrifying :p )

B. This is the first time they've ever pitted young people against older people, and OMG the dynamics are just going to be the EPICSAUCE...If the EXACT same concept wasn't already pulled off...

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Thoughts on everyone so far as I'm going through the videos...

David Wright

Seems like an interesting guy and I can definitely relate to him in the social anxiety department. Love his enthusiasm and energy. A bit worried that he's not going to fit in with his tribe as a lot of the other males seem way more "Alpha"

Paul Wacther

Aka "Surfer Santa". This is the kind of guy I would be absolutely STOKED for as a teenager since visually he's just so distinct, but I'm not too thrilled about him now to tell you the truth. I'm having Dan Foley flashbacks. "Getting me to shut up is the hardest thing to do" is NOT a great thing to say. I think his mouth is definitely going to get him into trouble which is typical of this kind of character.

Chris Hammons

Seems fine, not too overly thrilled with him. Interesting backstory rising from poverty/father being sent to prison at a young age to becoming a defense attorney. Doesn't seem like he's too sharp at the game. Wants to get an alliance going with Paul. Can't say anything bad about him but he doesn't seem to have a very dynamic personality outside of his backstory.

Michelle Schubert

First major indication that religion might play a major factor in the social dynamics of the season which really worries me. I don't want another South Pacific "Cult of Coach" situation on our hands. Honestly I think this girl is a bit of a dud. Granted I'm not a religious guy so her going on about God being with her in the game all the time just isn't my thing, but I think generally relying on faith to get you through something like Survivor is a bit self-defeating considering how cut-throat the actual nature of the game is.

Taylor Stoker

I've heard this guy's name thrown around for a year or so now, so he's definitely a favorite of production. Not a big fan of him. Seems to be a bit egotistical. I can see him being a Drew Christie style buffoon wannabe mastermind. Not really much going on with him other than the fact that he seems to embody the "Free spirit" nature of the Millenials tribe but in a rather jerk-ish way.

Hannah Shapiro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbyAz5kDdPI
Honestly I'm inclined to dislike her just because I'm so sick of this character type and am still having flashbacks of all the insane fan backlash when Aubrey didn't win last season. Speaking of which, this girl totally seems like Aubrey and Sophie Clarke's lovechild. I'm calling it now, she WILL be Cesternino's winner pick...which will annoy me since she seems like a freaking baseball card she's such a stereotypical archetype of a casting choice. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, I'm just a bit burned out by the "nerdy girl" type especially since Michelle and Nicole are both massive trainwrecks on Big Brother 18.

Mari Takahashi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoVwwkkwEYI
Alright, as a fellow Youtuber I can't help but root for this girl. She's totally a female Kenny Huang from Gabon which is awesome. I can see her going a long way if she doesn't play up how smart she is. Hope the "gamer" persona doesn't bite her and people think she's overplaying even when she's not. If she can keep the "game theory" part of her personality in check she's probably one of my early winner picks.

Will Wahl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fsKdYTbhZg
Super deep voice for the youngest person to ever play, which instantly makes him a unique character! Another hint that religion might play a part in the social dynamics, but he definitely seems way more cutthroat than Michelle. Definitely someone I'll be rooting for. Very interested to see if his lack of life experience will get the better of him.

More to come...

MANEATINGWREATH

I honestly really like it. I'm not sure why, haha.

Tbh, the one I had tasted like sugar water with a bit of carbonation added, haha. :p Pepsi is far superior to Coke imo, but there is one soft drink that defeats them all...anyone else remember the wonderful product known as Pepsi Blue? I miss it everyday... It was the nectar of the Grecian gods...

@TheOriginalTiki, @JokersWild, I WAS two months away from being a Skipper... But... Jungle was down for rehab from January through May this past spring and, being fed up with everything (including the necessary freedom to build my production company), I couldn't wait any longer for an attraction that I was "destined" to work. I asked my manager when and if I'd be transferring to Jungle when it reopened in May and I was told "Actually, there are so many people working who don't know Jungle, that you probably won't be learning it until December." I was then offered a role in a local musical and I took it, thus ending my career with Disney... I miss it a lot, but more so the people and privileges rather than the job itself. There were times working for Disney that I'd just want to do nothing but sleep or go home because I was so fed up with guests and my lengthy commute... Then there were times where I was really living the magic and loving every minute of it. It fluctuates lol but all-in-all, it's an experience that I recommend for anyone.

I kid you not, all the people I hired-in with at Indy learned Jungle that May, not December like I was told... That kind of ticked me off, but, I'm in a much better and happier place in my life. Between my new job, company and ability to have free time to armchair Imagineer again, it all ended for the best. I plan on doing a video chronicling my time with the company in about a year or so, just to give myself enough distance between my original quitting date and the present.

spacemt354

Chili's

Have a link. Going live in 30ish.

Very nice reviews guys, just finished watching.

For Team Hightower in Project 6, to give a bit of insight, I don't think it was that people didn't care about the IP (though I do agree with Jokers that I don't think the show lends itself well to a ride-based attraction) but moreso a continuation of the real-world stuff that plagued the team in Project 5.

When you swapped @FigmentPigments away at the start of Project 5, that took away one of, if not the most active player on the team, with nothing in return, so I think that stifled us out of the gate. And with myself away, and others busy with work, that if anything, was why those two projects seemed rushed. We might have had 6 or so pages of brainstorming combined in those two projects.

Like you had said, you thought I'd be all over TWD...well I would... if I was home and had time:p But I wasn't, and there's only so much I'm gonna do when I'm on my phone. So in that respect I think Mystic definitely deserved those two wins and would have been the favorite to win in both for sure.

Oh and Crystal Pepsi is fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom