Most treasured Disney Souvenir?

seabreezept813

I love this! I have to start getting keys!!!

I have a few from our wedding trip. I brought home the bottle of fairytale cuvee, which is now a flower vase on my table. We purchased a sweet painting of Sea Breeze Point/the Boardwalk, which my husband framed for me for Christmas. And the last is my pick-a-pearl necklace I got on the same trip. I wear it all the time!

admiral-ari-x

For me, a family friend of ours gave me a vintage silver Mickey ring from Disneyland when I was very young because I loved Disney so much. I've been meaning to get it appraised! It doesn't fit my fingers anymore but it's really special. Also, my Aladdin and Jasmine sculpture, they're on the carpet flying above the clouds, and there's a little music box that plays "A Whole New World". Reminds me of how Aladdin was my first musical, holds a special place in my heart. All my pins are super special as well.

One last one- My parents forced me onto RnRR back when I was deathly afraid of it, and I cried all 45 minutes of the wait time. :hilarious: We were at the gift shop, and I told my parents that since I was brave, I deserved one of those stupid Mickey antenna headbands. It didn't fit right at all, but I was well on my way to becoming a coaster junkie :D

aw14

We have so many that it is difficult to specify. However, my Mickey's Gym tank top where Mickey is lifting weights that I got in 1998 is still an old favorite

SSH

Original Poster
Davy Crockett '****-skin cap and Pirates cap-gun musket that fired tiny yellow balls. Both of these were purchased on my first trip to WDW in 1976.
I remember seeing a LOT of little boys wearing those hats and carrying those cap guns when I look at historical pics of MK in the early years...both WDW and DL must have made a mint on both items. (Along with the traditional mouse ears and balloons, of course.)

#2 - On my first trip to WDW as an adult (circa late 90's), I bought a Goofy ball cap with ears on the side and teeth on the bill. Not the 3D-looking kind they sell today, but similar in appearance. I still have it today. I wear it on our trips. I think it has helped me be picked for Indiana Jones stunt show three trips in a row...

:joyfull: :joyfull::joyfull:

JennSmith

Easy - 1984 Mickey Mouse plush. Well loved, but still on display in the house.

Oh and we recently started buying keys at the attractions that sell them - we have a key hanger by the front door labeled keys to the kingdom. (HM, Pirates, Gold MK key, ToT)
Wait...this is a thing? Still? This sounds awesome! are the attractions you listed the only ones that sell keys in all of WDW? I need this in my life :)

Nausicaä

I bought a black Mickey jacket way back when Reagan was president - and i still wear it now and then!

You are full of wisdom. If my ex would've had such calm insightful mind (she was more of the shallow pretty type) we might've been together still!

I am sorry to hear that. I know the type all too well myself. :(

JIMINYCR

I guess my most treasured souvenirs are the Disney Fast Pass tickets from 2008 Year of a Million Dreams. I have all the park passes with all their ride tabs in tact from both WDW & DL. Since the program and passes will probably never be in existence again, they are unique and treasured.

s-l225.jpg

SSH

Original Poster
I guess my most treasured souvenirs are the Disney Fast Pass tickets from 2008 Year of a Million Dreams. I have all the park passes with all their ride tabs in tact from both WDW & DL. Since the program and passes will probably never be in existence again, they are unique and treasured.

s-l225.jpg
Nice!

KikoKea

Mine is a silver band with small mickey head cut outs in it- $40 at Mouse Gear. My knuckles had gotten larger and I could not wear my wedding band or engagement ring. We were at WDW for our 30th anniversary and my DH bought it for me. He jokes that the Mickeys look like hearts at first glance. I wore it for over a year as my wedding band, and now have it on a silver chain with an infinity symbol and I don't take it off.

Mrhappyplace

The big bronze Partners statue I bought on my 3rd trip. It took me three trips to save enough money to get it but to me it was worth the wait. It's almost 15 inches tall and 10 inches wide and looks awesome sitting in my Disney room. I don't think you can buy them anymore so I'm glad I got one when I did..

That sounds amazing. Don't think I have ever seen one.

My wife and I have that statue too. It is pretty awesome! Ours was a gift though. :D

BigRedDad

There are two things that come to mind. One is a souvenir and the other is a picture.
1. My daughter received her first pin trade with Scoop on Main Street. I don't know if that is a good thing or not because it created an addiction for her. Neither of us knew much about pin trading. She sat there and watched Scoop make trade after trade for about 15 minutes. Never talking, butting in, or anything else. When Scoop was done, he engaged her and told her how well mannered she was. He wound up talking with her for about 10 minutes about pin trading and the only pin she had. Long story short, every minute of that meeting will be a memory along with the special pin she received from him.

2. My DD's first trip and my dad's last. I fought tooth and nail about going but got pressured into it. I think my dad knew it was near the end and why he pushed the issue. DD was only 2 at the time. She got the giggles at one of the stores, I think it was the Pop Century store. My dad started putting on the different silly hats and she just got more giggles with each one. When he put on a pink princess hat, she couldn't stop laughing and we got a great picture of it. Over the next 8 months, he took trips with each of the grandkids and family, then passed away as cancer took over.

SSH

Original Poster
Mine is a silver band with small mickey head cut outs in it- $40 at Mouse Gear. My knuckles had gotten larger and I could not wear my wedding band or engagement ring. We were at WDW for our 30th anniversary and my DH bought it for me. He jokes that the Mickeys look like hearts at first glance. I wore it for over a year as my wedding band, and now have it on a silver chain with an infinity symbol and I don't take it off.
Aww...that's sweet. Was it a spontaneous thing - did you happen to walk by and see it in the window or while shopping? Or did he surprise you with it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom