Disney Quest to close in July 2017

DManRightHere

Since Disney is on this whole IP synergy thing, they should totally gut Disney Quest and transform it into either a Marvel or Star Wars themed dinner show. I'm talking about a top notch production with a state of the art theater and interactive stuff all around!

People would love to dine with Spiderman dangling from a ceiling and Thor and Iron Man or something like that.

And, Disney can totally skirt around the whole no Marvel in theme parks rule with a really cool dinner show concept at Disney Springs. People will pay like top dollar just for the photo op and autograph sessions alone.

That is a good idea. I'd prefer Star Wars, but with the ability to possibly do Marvel makes more sense. The building would need to be demolished and rebuilt as I don't think the footprint of the building is big enough for a dinner show.

DManRightHere

Just a personal opinion, but, it seems that 'themed dinner shows, have already come and gone. 'Medieval Knights', 'Pirates', and 'Dixie Stampedes' just seem lame nowadays. Cost prohibitive as well. Disney would probably have better luck retheming 'Cirque de Soleil'.

Disney already has at least 2 dinner shows with rave reviews. I think they are doing fine at Disney. The problem with dinner shows if the lack of selection of food.

MagicHappens1971

Since Disney is on this whole IP synergy thing, they should totally gut Disney Quest and transform it into either a Marvel or Star Wars themed dinner show. I'm talking about a top notch production with a state of the art theater and interactive stuff all around!

People would love to dine with Spiderman dangling from a ceiling and Thor and Iron Man or something like that.

And, Disney can totally skirt around the whole no Marvel in theme parks rule with a really cool dinner show concept at Disney Springs. People will pay like top dollar just for the photo op and autograph sessions alone.
I think this would work out really well for Disney and would probably bring more people to DS. I saw this Pirates themed show in South Carolina last summer and it was really cool. I'm sure Disney would be able to create a very immersive environment to experience the show in and I think the Marvel characters already kinda have the ability to hang and glide and jump, ect around the show environment would be really cool. I don't really know how the story would pan out but I think it would work well for Disney

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The problem with a lot of these ideas is that Disney probably doesn't want to do anything with the building, they want someone else to come in a foot the bill and of course do it on Disney terms.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
This is just one building that nobody wants. Good for me. My family loves DisneyQuest. I still hope they do something with it.

KDM31091

Although arcades have basically had their day, some are still seemingly doing alright, such as Dave and Buster's type of things. If Disney doesn't want to put money in to make Disney Quest new and exciting, then they should close it. Having said that, I hope it doesn't just sit there abandoned, which it probably will unless an outsider comes in and abides by Disney's terms.

Jeff456

Just curious has anyone with the UK 14 day ticket (with memory maker) been able to get into disney quest?
I'd be interested to know that, I know it's not listed as included anymore
Edit did a bit of searching on the internet, ultimate tickets still allowed access just not listed, I am now hoping it will still be there in August 2017!

Cartoons626

I'd be interested to know that, I know it's not listed as included anymore
Edit did a bit of searching on the internet, ultimate tickets still allowed access just not listed, I am now hoping it will still be there in August 2017!

Thank you for the reply, that great news, we always like checking out the buzz lightyear bumper cars when we're there :)
Well it was ment to be on its way out by now but is still standing, I think there is a good chance it might stay around for a good bit longer, hope you get going :)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I was hoping Universal's CityWalk would get the Jekyll and Hyde Club from NYC, but...
I don't THINK Disney would go for it, but I've always thought it would be fun in Orlando

Siren

Just a personal opinion, but, it seems that 'themed dinner shows, have already come and gone. 'Medieval Knights', 'Pirates', and 'Dixie Stampedes' just seem lame nowadays. Cost prohibitive as well. Disney would probably have better luck retheming 'Cirque de Soleil'.
Hi @raymusiccity! Not like that. I was thinking more along the lines of the Hoop De Doo and Polynesian Dinner Show but way way better with major special effects and whatnot. It's a tall order but Disney could do it.

Hm, I don't know, I don't particularly think they are that lame. If there were one closer to me I'd attend Medieval Times with more frequency.
Also it's not like Disney doesn't already have several themed dinner shows- the Spirit of Aloha at the Polynesian and Hoop-de-Doo at Fort Wilderness for example. That they keep them around shows people do come to them.

True that it's a bit cost prohibitive though! That said I can't imagine a single day's worth of showtimes using either of the mentioned IPs would be more prohibitive than, say, a day's worth of Lights, Motors, Action showings was, so I think they could make back the money plus profit from it.
I don't think it would be cost prohibitive. Disney would make so much money because there would be no where else on property where you can see and dine with the Marvel superheroes.

Siren

That is a good idea. I'd prefer Star Wars, but with the ability to possibly do Marvel makes more sense. The building would need to be demolished and rebuilt as I don't think the footprint of the building is big enough for a dinner show.
Hi @DManRightHere! Thank you -- I'm glad someone likes the idea, lol. The Star Wars restaurant is already in the works and looks so amazing! And, I can't wait to try that blue milk stuff! I hope it's not gross though. LOL.

2qlvjg8.jpg

2zzkq5c.jpg

15q2ouq.jpg

Anyway, since Disney can't have Marvel in the parks, this is a great way to showcase Marvel without violating the terms of the contract.

Disney already has at least 2 dinner shows with rave reviews. I think they are doing fine at Disney. The problem with dinner shows if the lack of selection of food.
Yes, I totally agree. The dinner show have been around for decades and do very well.

I'd like an indoor arcade with both classic and new games. There could also be virtual reality games and maybe a fast food place.
So basically, you just want a refurb. LOL. I don't know though, because there is an arcade at literally every single resort that you can go to for free.

So, do you really want to pay the high entrance fee just to play arcade games?

Siren

I think this would work out really well for Disney and would probably bring more people to DS. I saw this Pirates themed show in South Carolina last summer and it was really cool. I'm sure Disney would be able to create a very immersive environment to experience the show in and I think the Marvel characters already kinda have the ability to hang and glide and jump, ect around the show environment would be really cool.
I don't really know how the story would pan out but I think it would work well for Disney
Hi @JakeSpadaro! I am so glad that you agree! Your idea for the super heroes to hang and glide from the ceiling and jump around is just amazing. It's kind of like a Marvel super hero version of Cirque Du Soleil and I would just love to see something like that!

I think it should be called "The Marvel Dining Experience Spectacular" or "The Marvel Experience." I know that Disney used to have a traveling show with a name like that -- so it would totally work. I think it would be a huge success and sell out!

The problem with a lot of these ideas is that Disney probably doesn't want to do anything with the building, they want someone else to come in a foot the bill and of course do it on Disney terms.
I totally agree. It's a huge building, I guess they could lease it to someplace like Dave & Buster's but that is in every city and so blah at Disney World.

My idea is way better. This is a major opportunity for Disney to do something really cool and exciting!

trr1

Hi @DManRightHere! Thank you -- I'm glad someone likes the idea, lol. The Star Wars restaurant is already in the works and looks so amazing! And, I can't wait to try that blue milk stuff! I hope it's not gross though. LOL.

2qlvjg8.jpg

2zzkq5c.jpg

15q2ouq.jpg

Anyway, since Disney can't have Marvel in the parks, this is a great way to showcase Marvel without violating the terms of the contract.

Yes, I totally agree. The dinner show have been around for decades and do very well.

So basically, you just want a refurb. LOL. I don't know though, because there is an arcade at literally every single resort that you can go to for free.

So, do you really want to pay the high entrance fee just to play arcade games?
I cant see images :(

BrianV

"So, do you really want to pay the high entrance fee just to play arcade games?"

Well when you buy a 5 day water parks and more ticket, it is unlikely you'd go to the water parks 5 times. One evening at Disney quest! Males entrance free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom