Most treasured Disney Souvenir?

SSH

Original Poster
I have some passions. WDW, mid century modest... I'm a little obsessed with the Contemporary. I buy these now:

View attachment 154521
View attachment 154520

They're original room art from the Contemporary. Based on Mary Blair's mosaic in the Grand Canyon concourse. They hang in my living room. It's like the late 60's in there. I'm in love, I sit on my sofa and just stare at them sometimes.

I've never seen the inside of a Contemporary resort room - is this art still there or was that from an earlier time? Did the resort sell these in their gift shop?

World_Showcase_Lover007

1) I have a Mickey Mouse money clip that I bought in 1997 from a retail shop in Epcot that is no longer there. I don't know why I bought a money clip when I was in the seventh grade, but I did lol. Although a money clip isn't much to get excited about, whenever I look at it, it makes me think of the classic and genuine merchandise that Disney used to sell.

2) I have a glass mug from the Tower of Terror with the large ToT emblem on it that I use as a toothbrush holder. I get to look at it every morning and it makes me think of the parks.

Other than that, the thing that I hold most dear is my nostalgic memories. Nothing can replace them as I constantly remind myself of good times of old and the great times of the future.

WhatJaneSays

I have an Epcot Center pennant with Dreamfinder and Figment from when the ride opened and my original Figment plush.

(I actually have 2 because my Dad forgot to bring it with us one trip. I was apparently very sad and did not want to go on the ride because I was sure Figment would not come out if I didn't have my plush. And I told my parents they should go on the ride without me to say sorry to Figment. I'm sure it made sense to 3-year-old me. Some CMs overheard this and they gave me a new Figment plush.)

Schneewittchen

I've never seen the inside of a Contemporary resort room - is this art still there or was that from an earlier time? Did the resort sell these in their gift shop?

It's the original room art from the 70's. I'm not sure when it was taken down. I believe they were surplussed after a remodel and now you can buy them from other collectors.

If you want new work of a similar type, you can custom order Mary Blair pieces from the Art of Disney stores. I've done that as well.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I have a ticket from when I was 9 months old...in 1982 on my first visit. My little boy was 9 months old the first time he got to go as well but my most cherished treasure from him is probably a picture of him in our annual photo pass from DVC where he's finally brave enough to raise his hands on the Mine Train. There's one where he looks petrified but by the end of that particular trip it was like he had "came of age" a little. SO bittersweet though!

Fletch

I have several Disney coffee cups, but I have had this one the longest. Don't use it much anymore, but it is the first of several so it is a sentimental favorite.

View attachment 154412

Nice, I am not the only one who has this mug. Bought this mug 25 years a go on our honeymoon at some souvenir shop offsite. And for good measure I purchased the Donald version and the Mickey and Minnie "Our love is here to stay" one. As a matter of fact I think its time to get them out of the basement.

epcotisbest

Nice, I am not the only one who has this mug. Bought this mug 25 years a go on our honeymoon at some souvenir shop offsite. And for good measure I purchased the Donald version and the Mickey and Minnie "Our love is here to stay" one. As a matter of fact I think its time to get them out of the basement.
Cool. I have one more in the box (yeah, they came in little boxes back then) somewhere in our basement. Keeping it for a backup if I ever break this one I suppose. Your other ones sound nice too. I still buy a different cup every now and then. Weird thing to collect, but I like them.

The Empress Lilly

My collection of World Showcase mugs. I always have coffee or tea, and I always use my WDW mugs. I like how I'm never more than an arm's lenght away from something WDW. ^_^
Two of my favs broke, I'm inconsolable :'(

My pre-opening EPCOT ticket. -_-

My, erm, Ariel pillow. That I use to cry in when my gf is mean to me. :lookarou

steviej

The big bronze Partners statue I bought on my 3rd trip. It took me three trips to save enough money to get it but to me it was worth the wait. It's almost 15 inches tall and 10 inches wide and looks awesome sitting in my Disney room. I don't think you can buy them anymore so I'm glad I got one when I did..

That's what I was thinking of! I have the same thing! love it! Even though I got mine for free when I was a cp

Cmdr_Crimson

The big bronze Partners statue I bought on my 3rd trip. It took me three trips to save enough money to get it but to me it was worth the wait. It's almost 15 inches tall and 10 inches wide and looks awesome sitting in my Disney room. I don't think you can buy them anymore so I'm glad I got one when I did..
I think they still do...But, they are also selling the DCA Partners statue as well..https://www.disneystore.com/figurin...y-and-mickey-mouse-statue/mp/1319041/1000276/

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I once posted this to a similar thread a few years back, but I have a stuffed Figment that my grandmother bought me on a trip to WDW in 1985. It became the benchmark for future trips. My parents had been going through a protracted and (needlessly, imo) antagonistic divorce. Towards the end of it and our school year, she brought my mother, my brother and me to WDW. It was my second trip to WDW and my first to Epcot. This is the trip that began my life-long love affair with Epcot. It was like my favorite science museum on steroids. But more importantly, it was a pause button on my parents' drama. My Figment represents an extant memory of that trip and I keep it for that very reason. :)

I have a stuffed Figment from probably that same year. I got this at what whatever Downtown Disney was called at that time.

20160806_110044.jpg

LongLiveTheKing

I used to collect maps every year I went to Disneyland because I've always liked navigation, especially through the parks. On my last walk out back to LAX, every time I'd grab a fresh map to take home. Unfortunately, I wasn't content with keeping the maps in mint condition for some asphyxiating papers in a box that I admired but never touched. No, I read through those maps constantly and eventually my collection got so worn and tattered that I had to throw away all but the latest maps. :/

I DEEPLY regret my decision and have started my map collection again, worn maps or not. I might look into lamination or something because I don't want this deterioration to happen again.

NonnaT

Easy - 1984 Mickey Mouse plush. Well loved, but still on display in the house.

Oh and we recently started buying keys at the attractions that sell them - we have a key hanger by the front door labeled keys to the kingdom. (HM, Pirates, Gold MK key, ToT)
I love this! I have to start getting keys!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom