Thinking of canceling Rental Car

david.bwr

Original Poster
Have a rental for 7 days... decent deal $250ish. Hotel charges $20 per day for parking, then will have to pay to park at Parks (5 days). That comes out to almost $500.

We are staying at Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek. Round trip to the airport is $125. Uber to the parks looks to be $6-$8.

I hate the idea of not having a car, but adding it up... Seems like a no brainer to drop the rental.

Am I overlooking anything?

Thanks!

rob0519

I don't think you missed anything. Door to Door service (kind of) with Uber. No hassle picking up and returning the rental at MCO. Other than having to wait a few minutes for a Uber, it seems like a plan.

david.bwr

Original Poster
Doing the math... will save at least $200. Will use the Uber Referal code with my son to get discounts.

Really liking the idea of not dealing with parking, etc.

Rob562

Just be prepared for taking Uber to the MK, it'll have to drop you off at either the TTC or one of the monorail hotels. It can't bring you right to the front gate of the park. (Same thing for pickups)

-Rob

Pghdrumr

Next time, I would recheck your rental deal. My last visit, I have a 7 day rental at a base price of $120 ($176 with taxes). I find that checking the rental prices closer to your travel date will result in better rates.
But if the hotel is $20 per day, I would say ditch the car and use uber.

Bulldog1653

My biggest question is why rent the car at all? Unless you're going someplace offsite, just use ground transportation like buses, boats, or the monorail (I've said many times that it needs to be expanded in the worst way). We've done that the last 3 times I've been there and it gets the job (For the most part anyway).

Rob562

Are there any issues with Uber at MCO? I know some airports don't allow Uber.

You can only have Uber Select, Uber Select XL, and Uber Family pick you up at MCO. All types of Uber can drop you off.
https://www.uber.com/airports/mco/

If you want to use UberX you *may* be able to get yourself to a hotel near the airport that's outside the virtual fence around MCO that delineates where UberX cannot pickup, but you'd have to research that yourself.

-Rob

James Norrie

My biggest question is why rent the car at all? Unless you're going someplace offsite, just use ground transportation like buses, boats, or the monorail (I've said many times that it needs to be expanded in the worst way). We've done that the last 3 times I've been there and it gets the job (For the most part anyway).
OP Said they're staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, not on property

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom