Most treasured Disney Souvenir?

SSH

Original Poster
As I wait impatiently for Nov/Dec room-only discounts, AK hours, show schedules, so I can actually plan the rest of my trip, I started thinking back to past trips - which were the most special - and out of all the stuff I bought or received over the years, which WDW item survived and is still treasured to this day. Then I started wondering the same thing about everyone here.

What's the one souvenir that has meant the most to you? And what's the backstory behind it? I know family photographs are priceless - that goes without saying - but I'm curious about a particular trinket or gift that captured your heart or reminds you of a special trip.

I'll go first - I'm cheating because I have 3 actually - sorry! In priority order:

#1 A custom piece of caricature art drawn by a Downtown Disney artist. They were only supposed to do set poses - you pick from a list of scenes. My DH had just proposed to me the night before in MK on the skyride during fireworks. We were strolling through DTD the next afternoon and when he saw the artist, he asked him if he could draw that scene so we had a keepsake of the memory - and he did! It's amazing - he drew the two of us in a skyride car, with DH presenting the ring and me examining it with a magnifying glass, with a skeptical look on my face - it was funny and touching at the same time. I had it matted/framed and treasured to this day.

#2 A oversized coffee mug my father in law bought me right outside the Hoop De Do Revue - he took the entire family to the HDDR every year for 10-15 years - it was tradition - man how he loved that show! Even as he got older and didn't go into the parks anymore, he would go just to camp in Fort Wilderness and treat the family to the HDDR. He was a sweet man and sadly just passed away last year. That mug always makes me smile and think about those wonderful dinners.

#3. This one's pure nostalgia: I have three "flip books" - longtime WDWers may remember these. They were tiny little booklets about the size of a credit card, with a bunch of pages you flipped through quickly to see how an animated drawing "comes to life'. I loved those silly little things - had a Donald, Mickey and I think a Pluto. They're packed away safely.

What about you guys - what's meant the most to you and stood the test of time?

prfctlyximprct

5_zps1f92a3bc.jpg

This mermaid plush. Although her face is now black with dirt, she slept with me every night in high school and college. My boyfriend won't allow her in the bed, but she was my first ever Disney purchase, and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Scooter

The big bronze Partners statue I bought on my 3rd trip. It took me three trips to save enough money to get it but to me it was worth the wait. It's almost 15 inches tall and 10 inches wide and looks awesome sitting in my Disney room. I don't think you can buy them anymore so I'm glad I got one when I did..

21stamps

My Mickey Ear Hats. All of them. My parents still have my first hat from when I was 1, and saved every consecutive year.

Secondly- the photos.

Out of all of the souvenirs that I'm sure I just "had to have" over the years, the pics and hats are the only things I care about now.
I had 2 side by side photos matted- 1 of me and my parents, 2. 30 something years later, my son and me - both in same spot in front of the castle wearing our classic "ears". :)

epcotisbest

The big bronze Partners statue I bought on my 3rd trip. It took me three trips to save enough money to get it but to me it was worth the wait. It's almost 15 inches tall and 10 inches wide and looks awesome sitting in my Disney room. I don't think you can buy them anymore so I'm glad I got one when I did..
That sounds amazing. Don't think I have ever seen one.

Goofyque'

My beloved Everest Jacket. Wear it everyday October through March. Still looks good, and love all the people that ask me if I've been to the top. I say "Yes, many times". Lots of street cred...until I point out that they have missed the "Disney" in the design.
EverestJacket.JPG

I really love all of my WDW kitchen utensils. Makes me remember my trips every day.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I Have quite a bit...So bare with me...;)
The Mascot Figurine set..
SSPX0004_zpsa4f60f68.jpg

Packaged Mickey & Friends World Showcase Adventure figurines from Mcdonalds.
DSC02748.jpg

40th Anniversary Edition HM Figurines found at a flea market all for $3!!
DSC02749.jpg

My Latex Figment Doll...
DSC03111.jpg

Licnence Plate Collection..
DSC03110.jpg

My Games Collection reflecting Walt Disney World...
games.jpg

The Miniature Spaceship Earth Keepsake and Toy Monorail..
DSC00090.jpg

Plus My Books...
DSC02765.jpg

SSH

Original Poster
Our Goofy & Pluto Pook-a-looz!
Love these! I have a pooh bear stuffed animal and an eeyore plush stocking that still must accompany us to the World each holiday season - they are proudly displayed in our hotel window. And I'm - ahem - just a couple of years older than 26. (Physically anyway...I think I'm regressing mentally every year.)

SSH

Original Poster
My beloved Everest Jacket. Wear it everyday October through March. Still looks good, and love all the people that ask me if I've been to the top. I say "Yes, many times". Lots of street cred...until I point out that they have missed the "Disney" in the design.

Too funny! (I wouldn't have been so quick to clarify. Street cred don't come easy.)

mimitchi33

I have a Figment doll I brought when I was seven or eight that went on every Disney trip with me when I was younger. I also have a rainbow-colored mouse ear hat, a stuffed Pegasus from Hercules, and my Inside Out figurine set.
My Latex Figment Doll...
DSC03111.jpg
Was this from the 80's? I would have LOVED one of these as a kid!

SSH

Original Poster
5_zps1f92a3bc.jpg

This mermaid plush. Although her face is now black with dirt, she slept with me every night in high school and college. My boyfriend won't allow her in the bed, but she was my first ever Disney purchase, and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Maybe you can sneak her into your luggage on your next trip without your BF seeing - a little extra pixie dust never hurts.

Noellikechristmas

My Christmas Ornaments and Decorations.

One odd thing I always do is have a back scratcher (drink) from the Tambu lounge and I bring the actual back scratcher back and write the year on it. I have a collection of them on my desk :) It's the little things.

Cmdr_Crimson

I have a Figment doll I brought when I was seven or eight that went on every Disney trip with me when I was younger. I also have a rainbow-colored mouse ear hat, a stuffed Pegasus from Hercules, and my Inside Out figurine set.

Was this from the 80's? I would have LOVED one of these as a kid!

Nope 2004...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom