So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue (Discussion Thread)

DinoInstitute

Also the thing I don't get (haha..we could talk for hours as to how bad this idea is)...but it's not like Tower of Terror is unpopular.

If they re-themed a somewhat unpopular or cult ride to GotG (like Maelstrom to Frozen) -- then it's somewhat understandable, though the fan base goes balistic.

Tower of Terror is one of the most popular rides in all of Disney World...what boost does it need? :confused: Is GotG really going to drive the attendance that much? I doubt it. New rides do. It's like you're replacing an All-Star on your team, with another All-Star, but one that ruins the team chemistry, so now your team stinks:p
Oh, I got another one! :p But this one connects with the DCA tower.

Unlike as in WDW, GotG is not essentially the only big Marvel property DL can use. They can use any of them. The fact that they chose to use GotG though, despite it being not extremely popular, just adds on to the things that bother me about this project. Like, it's clear the only reason they did it was to be able to cheaply replicate it in WDW. Like, seriously? :p

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh, I got another one! :p But this one connects with the DCA tower.

Unlike as in WDW, GotG is not essentially the only big Marvel property DL can use. They can use any of them. The fact that they chose to use GotG though, despite it being not extremely popular, just adds on to the things that bother me about this project. Like, it's clear the only reason they did it was to be able to cheaply replicate it in WDW. Like, seriously? :p
:eek:

Oh gosh, you're right...dang that may now be my least favorite thing about it.

spacemt354

Chili's
I miss the days of original attractions being built, non-IP based. Unique experiences like ToT, classic Epcot, etc., are what made WDW what it is. An incredible themed entertainment experience. It's no surprise that just about all of the consistently rated top rides at WDW aren't the ones based on an IP. Why they don't see that, I don't know o_O
Expedition Everest was the last great non-IP attraction, with nothing close on the docket for the next 5-6 years.

Tis a shame, don't get me wrong I love stuff like Cars Land and what looks to be Star Wars Land, but Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Spaceship Earth, ahh...those be my favorite types of rides.

DinoInstitute

Expedition Everest was the last great non-IP attraction, with nothing close on the docket for the next 5-6 years.

Tis a shame, don't get me wrong I love stuff like Cars Land and what looks to be Star Wars Land, but Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Spaceship Earth, ahh...those be my favorite types of rides.
I agree! Like, I'm very much looking forward to TSL and SWL, there's just some problems...elsewhere :p

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
If Space had opened the Vault his round, he would have been ineligible to be PoMVP for the rest of the game. Might not seem like that much of a disadvantage now but I'm really looking forward to seeing how that part of the game dynamic shakes out in the post-merge! PoMVP essentially goes from a courtesy award to the hardest working player to a hot commodity that everyone wants to get. Stay tuned kids. ;)

DinoInstitute

Hey everyone! Haven't done reveiws in a while since I've been busy with moving and all. Finally settled in for the most part though, so expect some out during the day tomorrow from me! :)
Check that...thought I would have wifi in the house by now to get on my computer and review, but still on my phone. So sorry about that! Don't worry though they are coming :p

RMichael21

So, does anyone have Cursed Child yet? I finished it, and I'm not really sure how to feel about it. It seemed more like fanfiction than an actual book, and it was really short because it was written as a play.
I was about to come here with the same intentions of talking about Cursed Child. Personally, I love it. I had my expectations in check, because I knew it wasn't solely written by Rowling and was a play, so we wouldn't be getting all of the character's emotions, more of the dialogue. Personally, you'd have to see the live performance to get what we'd normally get in a novelization.

FigmentPigments

I'd really like to see her character be given more depth as well, and I'm sure she will, especially after seeing the little nod to her in Skipper Canteen (and she might be in Mystic Manor as well? I don't remember.) But she definitely is more Mystic-esque. Rightfully so, I suppose with the purpose of her character on the Dream/ Fantasy.
Not sure if you saw this yet, Joker.

I have exciting news to share with you today. A brand new attraction called Miss Fortune Falls is coming to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon in spring of 2017!

Miss Fortune Falls will be a family-style raft attraction that takes guests on a splashing journey through the fabled Captain Mary Oceaneer’s past. Legend has it that Captain Oceanear, a treasure-hunting heroine, traveled across the sea collecting unique artifacts before she became stranded at Typhoon Lagoon many years ago by a rogue storm.

Aboard treasure rafts, guests will ascend to the top of the attraction before plunging into a white-water adventure where they will be able to spot some of the treasures Captain Oceanear gathered from around the world.

With a ride time of two minutes, Miss Fortune Falls will be among the lengthiest attractions at both Disney Water Parks.

JokersWild

Not sure if you saw this yet, Joker.

I have exciting news to share with you today. A brand new attraction called Miss Fortune Falls is coming to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon in spring of 2017!

Miss Fortune Falls will be a family-style raft attraction that takes guests on a splashing journey through the fabled Captain Mary Oceaneer’s past. Legend has it that Captain Oceanear, a treasure-hunting heroine, traveled across the sea collecting unique artifacts before she became stranded at Typhoon Lagoon many years ago by a rogue storm.

Aboard treasure rafts, guests will ascend to the top of the attraction before plunging into a white-water adventure where they will be able to spot some of the treasures Captain Oceanear gathered from around the world.

With a ride time of two minutes, Miss Fortune Falls will be among the lengthiest attractions at both Disney Water Parks.
I haven't seen that, but it looks spectacular. I'm not expecting much, as they don't tend to put a huge ton into water park attractions, but it's great to see both Oceaneer get some sort of attraction, and some sort of story-driven attraction (presumably) be built in a water park.

I can't wait to see how it turns out.

FigmentPigments

The%20Walking%20Dead%20cmyk-500x500.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom