The Lillie Belle is home

MonorailMan

So when Lilly returns to regular service and the next locomotive leaves (whether it be Walt or Roger), will Lilly's coaches be used in normal operation and the coaches of the locomotive being refurbished become the designated set for the opening show or will Lilly's set still be exclusive for the opening show?

mikeh

She was outside of the roundhouse yesterday

wp-image-169221573jpeg.jpg

DisAl

Correct. The whistle from the Admiral Joe Fowler was placed on the Roy O. Disney by roundhouse foreman George Britton after the Fowler was accidentally destroyed while in dry dock in 1980

You may be correct, but an article I read said it was the BELL from the Admiral Joe Fowler that was moved to the Roy O. Disney.
( http://themickeywiki.com/index.php?title=Liberty_Square_Riverboat )
Steamboat whistles are usually pitched a little lower than locomotive whistles.

Disone

DisAl

Other than the voices of your grandchildren there is no sweeter sound than a 3 or 4 note steam whistle no matter what the pitch! I never have liked the single note European train whistles....

Disone

Lille was in the park today riding the rails. Well sort of. She was the sole train on the line during the overnight hours. But if they are testing her pulling a set, at 2am in the morning on the main line, hopefully will not be too much longer before she is show ready and pulling guests on a grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom.

As I was driving home at 2:30am, I heard a train on the line, and looked into the round house... Walter, Present. Roger, Present. Roy, Present, Lilly..... Lilly? Not present in round house :)

Vipraa

Any updates on how Lilly's testing is going? How are the chances for her return on October 1st looking?

She will not be ready by October 1st. From what Im hearing she is still having break in issues like keeping the boiler fire lit and has no decals or pin striping. November is current projection but could be still be further delayed.

Walter will also be the next train to go out for refurb. He has been sitting in the roundhouse without wheels for a few weeks and the wheels are not being repaired before the refurb. He will be gone for a few years.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
She will not be ready by October 1st. From what Im hearing she is still having break in issues like keeping the boiler fire lit and has no decals or pin striping. November is current projection but could be still be further delayed.

Walter will also be the next train to go out for refurb. He has been sitting in the roundhouse without wheels for a few weeks and the wheels are not being repaired before the refurb. He will be gone for a few years.

For the love of Finagle why can't Disney refurbish their locomotives in a reasonable amount of time. Heck the Conway Scenic Railroad is only taking 2 years to refurbish and complete the FRA inspection on #7470 and they are a family owned company not a multibillion dollar multi-national corporation and that's a full size standard gauge steam locomotive.

Disone

I thought that the bell from the Fowler is on the Twain in Tokyo....
According to page 332 in Michael Broggie's book, Walt Disney's Railroad Story, the bell on number 3 (Roger E. Broggie) was swapped with the Fowler.

This was during the the original renovation when they being prepped for there 1971 debut. So Roy did not get the Fowlers bell, Roger has that. Now I cannot find a book, only work of mouth legend, that says Roy got the Fowler's Whistle after it was broke then scraped.

For the love of Finagle why can't Disney refurbish their locomotives in a reasonable amount of time. Heck the Conway Scenic Railroad is only taking 2 years to refurbish and complete the FRA inspection on #7470 and they are a family owned company not a multibillion dollar multi-national corporation and that's a full size standard gauge steam locomotive.

It is only hearsay that Walter is leaving. That said, I have notice she was recently moved from bay 1 to the bay 5, typically where heavier maintenance work takes place. If he does leave, lets do hope Walter is not gone as long as Lilly was.

MonorailMan

WDWRR closing refurbishment from January 9-February 16, 2017. Any chance that this has something to do with the Lilly Belle returning to the rails and the Walter E. Disney leaving?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom