The NEW and IMPROVED Wrestling Discussion Thread

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
In here we can talk all things wrestling! That's if you watch, of course. This thread will be updated with the current champions in all the major companies, as well as rumors and show results!

WWE

WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre
United States Championship: Andrade
Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch
Raw Tag Team Championship: The Street Profits
WWE Universal Championship: Braun Strowman
Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn
Smackdown Women's Championship: Bayley
Smackdown Tag Team Championship: The New Day
WWE Women's Tag Team Championship: Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross
24/7 Championship: Rob Gronkowski
NXT Championship: Adam Cole
NXT North American Championship: Keith Lee
NXT Cruiserweight Championship: Jordan Devlin
NXT Women's Championship: Charlotte
NXT Tag Team Championship: The Broserweights
NXT UK Championship: WALTER
NXT UK Women's Championship: Kay Lee Ray
NXT UK Tag Team Championship: Gallus

AEW
AEW World Championship: Jon Moxley
AEW Women's Championship: Nyla Rose
AEW TNT Championship: Vacant
AEW Tag Team Championship: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page

ROH
ROH World Championship: Rush
ROH Television Championship: Dragon Lee
ROH Pure Championship: Vacant
ROH Women's World Championship: Vacant
ROH Tag Team Championship: Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham
ROH Six-Man Tag Team Championship: Bandido, Flamita & Rey Horus

IMPACT
IMPACT World Championship: Tessa Blanchard
IMPACT X Division Championship: Willie Mack
IMPACT Knockouts Championship: Jordynne Grace
IMPACT Tag Team Championship: The North

Last edited:

champdisney

Bump!
Just discovered this thread. Gotta say, I do appreciate it's existence because in my honest opinion I think pro wrestling is great. Beyond that, my excitement level for the upcoming WWE Draft this Monday on Raw is at an all time high. RAW and SmackDown require major reconstruction into building up their own identities again.

I always thought the Ruthless Aggression Era was a great time period for the WWE because of the difference of storytelling on each brand. Now all storylines are connected, the same Superstars are constantly being used thus causing an element of staleness after a while and both shows have the exact same look and tone. It's been a tough few years as a fan. The writing hasn't been up to par and for that reason, I've often given up on it. Hopefully after this Monday going forward, my faith will be restored.

TyTrap

I watch all kinds of pro wrestling. WWE/NXT, New Japan, AAA, TNA until it started to suck. I need to catch up on Lucha Underground though.

TyTrap

Sorry, I misread your post. I agree, TNA is trash and it will continue to be that way until Dixie Carter goes. However, her ego prevents that.
I'll be at Chikara King of Trios this year for my 4th time in a row! Last years tournament ended with The Bullet Club represented by Styles and The Young Bucks vs Team AAA represented by Aero Star, Fenix and Drago. Great stuff I implore you to look up any Chikara stuff if you haven't already.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
EVOLVE 66 Results

TJP def Cedric Alexander

Jigsaw & Peter Kaasa def Tracy Williams & Fred Yehi

Ethan Page def DUSTIN

Drew Gulak def Tony Nese

Timothy Thatcher def Matt Riddle in a No Holds Barred Match to retain the EVOLVE Championship

Cody Rhodes def Zack Sabre, Jr

EVOLVE 67 Results

Ethan Page def Kobe Durst

Tony Nese def Peter Kaasa

Matt Riddle def Tommy End

Zack Sabre, Jr def Cedric Alexander

Chris Hero def Cody Rhodes

Timothy Thatcher def Drew Gulak to retain the EVOLVE Championship

Drew Galloway, Ethan Carter III & DUSTIN def TJP, Fred Yehi & Ethan Page
-Was a 6 man tag with Carter & DUSTIN's tag titles on the line

ROH Death Before Dishonor XIV Results

Donovan Dijak def Jay White, Lio Rush and Kamaitachi

Katsuyori Shibata def Silas Young

Chaos (Beretta, Rocky Romero and Toru Yano) def Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi, Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa)

Hangman Page def Jay Briscoe in an Anything Goes Match

Kazuchika Okada def Dalton Castle

Bobby Fish def Mark Briscoe to retain the ROH Television Championship

The Addiction def Tetsuya Naito & EVIL and "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin & Hiroshi Tanahashi

Adam Cole def Jay Lethal to win the ROH World Championship

NXT TakeOver: Back to Brooklyn Results

Austin Aries def No Way Jose

Ember Moon def Billie Kay

Bobby Roode def Andrade "Cien" Almas

The Revival def Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa to retain the NXT Tag Team Championship

Asuka def Bayley to retain the NXT Women's Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura def Samoa Joe to win the NXT Championship

champdisney

Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com reports that there was a backstage altercation between Brock Lesnar and Chris Jericho following the conclusion of Lesnar's match with Randy Orton at Summerslam.

Jericho was said to be concerned about Orton's well-being and asked producer Michael Hayes about the finish of the match. When Hayes wouldn't give him an answer, Jericho reportedly said something along the lines of that's bullsheee.

Lesnar was walking back though the curtain and heard Jericho's remarks. The two allegedly got into a heated exchange of words and then a brief physical exchange before Triple H broke it up. At this point, Vince McMahon also had to step in and tell Jericho that everything was a work and to be professional. Triple H apparently defended Jericho by saying that Jericho was just standing up for himself and Lesnar was the one that started the altercation.
Jericho is the man.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
The next 3 months are going to hurt my wallet provided I dont have to work those days. Raw is coming next month, NXT AND Ring of Honor are coming in October and EVOLVE is coming back in November. Ugh.

champdisney

The next 3 months are going to hurt my wallet provided I dont have to work those days. Raw is coming next month, NXT AND Ring of Honor are coming in October and EVOLVE is coming back in November. Ugh.
I feel your pain. WrestleMania in Orlando next year is a must for me. I've skipped on Smackdown this past July to build anticipation for NXT: Takeover and Mania, then there's ROH that has a tradition of following the WWE wherever they take Mania. I haven't decided on checking out TNA. I've been to Universal a crapload of times and still have not been to an Impact taping. Tells you how much of a fan I am of them.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
I went to one TNA house show a few years ago when the Aces & Eights were still a thing. They were supposed to do Impact in 2014 but they cancelled like a week or so before the tapings.

champdisney

I went to one TNA house show a few years ago when the Aces & Eights were still a thing. They were supposed to do Impact in 2014 but they cancelled like a week or so before the tapings.
Probably cancelled due to low ticket sales. Usually when something like that occurs TNA would give out free tickets to fill in the empty seats for TV. But for them to cancel the event means that barely no tickets were sold.

steviej

what an awesome, awesome thread!

I'm a die hard wrestling (and disney) fan obviously.

My favorite wrestler of all time: HBK
Favorite match of all time: HBK vs Undertaker, WrestleMania 25
Been a wrestling fan since: 1990 (3 years old)
Live events attended: Easily over 100

Anyone going to WrestleMania next year? That PTR link in my sig is for the wrestlemania trip

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
WWE No Mercy Results

American Alpha & The Hype Bros def The Ascension & The VaudeVillains

AJ Styles def John Cena and Dean Ambrose to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Nikki Bella def Carmella

Heath Slater & Rhyno def The Usos to retain the Smackdown Tag Team Championship

Baron Corbin def Jack Swagger

Dolph Ziggler def The Miz to win the Intercontinental Championship

Naomi def Alexa Bliss

Bray Wyatt def Randy Orton

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom