Swiss Family Treehouse closed for refurbishment 6th July 2016 - 24th September 2016.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 8. Scaffolding already in place surrounding most of the Swiss Family Treehouse. Construction walls have been installed at the entrance and exit of the attraction.

IMG_8121.JPG

IMG_8116.JPG

IMG_8117.JPG

Observed today a crew installing green construction scrim at ground level at the rear of the attraction, near the "kitchen." As you can see, over half a dozen large trees already removed...which makes me think this is more than just a refurbishment. Perhaps there will be a significant addition or change to the attraction.

IMG_8120.JPG

IMG_8115.JPG

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Photo update as of Friday, July 8. Scaffolding already in place surrounding most of the Swiss Family Treehouse. Construction walls have been installed at the entrance and exit of the attraction.

View attachment 150103

View attachment 150100

View attachment 150101

Observed today a crew installing green construction scrim at ground level at the rear of the attraction, near the "kitchen." As you can see, over half a dozen large trees already removed...which makes me think this is more than just a refurbishment. Perhaps there will be a significant addition or change to the attraction.

View attachment 150102

View attachment 150099

Nice photos! Thanks for sharing.

Goofyernmost

The tree removal could be something as simple as restoring it back to how it looked in the early days. It pretty much stood alone in the area and you could see different parts of the park from different levels. Other then that I haven't a clue, but, that would brighten up the area and make it a little more open to a breeze or two.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm probably the minority but I wish theyd just get rid of the stupid treehouse

You're not in the minority when you back away from this WDW fan-site and actually compare with everyone all the way to the general public.

I went on this thing last July for the first time ever..... I'm not sure what I was expecting, but lord I was both underwhelmed and exhausted afterwards. Horrible experience. There's nothing to do or look at. All you do is walk, climb, and walk some more.. But I don't want it to be removed. Because it's a really awesome LARGE prop piece for Adventureland down below and it looks impressive.

KikoKea

The treehouse isn't a thrill ride or very exciting, but it is a fun diversion and, like @WondersOfLife said, it does look great and fits in well with the area. When my boys were younger, they loved going up in the tree and looking at all the clever things, dreaming aloud of what it would be like to live there. DH and I still like to climb it, especially about dusk, even if we are slower than before. Will be interesting to see if they change anything or simply clean and spruce it up a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom