The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

HauntedMansionFLA

In an effort to put the discussion about a possible Phase 3 in a more appropriate place, I thought I'd bring over some notes that appeared in other off-topic threads.....

So, color me intrigued. I'm still thinking a big Indiana Jones ride, but wonder if it might be directly linked to the upcoming movie in that series and details of the ride might "spoil" some aspect of that film
In an effort to put the discussion about a possible Phase 3 in a more appropriate place, I thought I'd bring over some notes that appeared in other off-topic threads.....

So, color me intrigued. I'm still thinking a big Indiana Jones ride, but wonder if it might be directly linked to the upcoming movie in that series and details of the ride might "spoil" some aspect of that film
The Indiana Jones and The Lost Expedition ride that was never built? That would be a tricky one

doctornick

The Indiana Jones and The Lost Expedition ride that was never built? That would be a tricky one

Well... old Imagineering ideas never die, so you never know. I'd love to see it, but I'm skeptical that Disney would be so ambitious for an attraction.

indy_concept_art_web.jpg
indy_2_track_outlined.jpg

BrianLo

We've already heard about Indiana Jones from folks as a consideration. I think the fact @marni1971 can't say more is an indication it has never been talked about by anyone formally. May even be a surprise from left field.

doctornick

We've already heard about Indiana Jones from folks as a consideration. I think the fact @marni1971 can't say more is an indication it has never been talked about by anyone formally. May even be a surprise from left field.

Yeah, I thought about that as well. But he also said it's not Pixar. It's almost certainly not some other Marvel thing if GotG is going into Epcot, as there is little else that could be used (not anything popular). So that leaves other Lucasfilm stuff, Disney animation or Disney live action as the realistic options (could it be some old Touchstone film?)

So, building on that thought, what could it be... Zootopia? Wreck-It Ralph? Bald Mountain? A new version of Toontown? Something like Tangled that hasn't gotten a ride? Can't imagine another Frozen ride.

Bringing back some old ideas like Roger Rabbit or Crime Stoppers? Some sort of Tim Burton concept like Nightmare before Christmas?

Is it possible that they might bring the Shanghai POTC ride to the States?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah, I thought about that as well. But he also said it's not Pixar. It's almost certainly not some other Marvel thing if GotG is going into Epcot, as there is little else that could be used (not anything popular). So that leaves other Lucasfilm stuff, Disney animation or Disney live action as the realistic options (could it be some old Touchstone film?)

So, building on that thought, what could it be... Zootopia? Wreck-It Ralph? Bald Mountain? A new version of Toontown? Something like Tangled that hasn't gotten a ride? Can't imagine another Frozen ride.

Bringing back some old ideas like Roger Rabbit or Crime Stoppers? Some sort of Tim Burton concept like Nightmare before Christmas?

Is it possible that they might bring the Shanghai POTC ride to the States?
What about a villain themed land with a ride, restaurant and meet and greet area(s)? They did the villain party at DHS and it was pretty popular.

doctornick

What about a villain themed land with a ride, restaurant and meet and greet area(s)? They did the villain party at DHS and it was pretty popular.

I think that would be cool and would tie into DHS being an "older" and more thrilling park for Disney.

The villains idea was the basic premise for a Bald Mountain ride, so it's another case of Disney potentially being able to dist off some old Imagineering ideas.

doctornick

Pirate Bay like they have in Shanghai would actually work well around the shores of Echo lake (makes sense to do it by a body of water) - but seems odd to place it in the Studios rather than Adventureland in MK.

I'd actually love to see them bring the Shanghai POTC ride to DHS if they would then restore the regular POTC in MK to the non-IP version without Captain Jack and company. This would allow for two very distinct experiences based on Pirates at WDW with the IP one being more appropriately housed at DHS for a "ride the movie" feel.

Edit: Even more ideal, how about an "action" area in DHS featuring the Shanghai POTC as well as an Indiana Jones ride. They could easily be featured side by side using a "jungle" type aesthetic.

Princess Leia

I think that would be cool and would tie into DHS being an "older" and more thrilling park for Disney.

The villains idea was the basic premise for a Bald Mountain ride, so it's another case of Disney potentially being able to dist off some old Imagineering ideas.

For a villains area, do you think there would be a stage show? Or the return of Snow White's Scary Adventures? I'm trying to think of other villains who could get a ride of their own, and other than the Evil Queen and Maleficent, I'm not sure any others could hold their own. Ursula is represented with other LM attractions, and while I would love to see Hunchback return to HS (it was a much better show than BatB), a Frollo ride wouldn't be family friendly at all.

IowaHawks7

I almost guarantee its going to be Indy. With the new movie coming out, they could tie the new land in around the same time a new movie would hit the box office. 2019/2020? But knowing Disney that time frame isnt workable.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
For a villains area, do you think there would be a stage show? Or the return of Snow White's Scary Adventures? I'm trying to think of other villains who could get a ride of their own, and other than the Evil Queen and Maleficent, I'm not sure any others could hold their own. Ursula is represented with other LM attractions, and while I would love to see Hunchback return to HS (it was a much better show than BatB), a Frollo ride wouldn't be family friendly at all.
Yzma from The Emporer's New Groove could get her lair entrance coaster. Jafar could get a Cave of Wonders escape ride.

Fox&Hound

100% Indiana Jones or something tied to an upcoming movie.

We are getting Toy Story Land because of Toy Story 4, Avatar because of the sequels, Star Wars will have millions of sequels and spin offs, Guardians is being considered cause there is a sequel coming out (prob a third down the line). I think this is why they considered Cars too.

I guess it could be Incredilbes themed as well...

Sadly, if it's not tied to synerygy I don't see it getting built these days...

doctornick

Well, the Bald Mountain idea had multiple villains represented, but the "big bad" was Chernabog from Fantasia. I assume that they'd do something like that with multiple M&Gs. They could also consider stuff like Nightmare before Christmas which isn't necessarily "villainous" but is "scary".

threvester

Im going to guess its an IP they dont own yet or dont have the rights to (ie. some Marvel property) that would explain why Marni cant say more until its "more public"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom