Coca-Cola Store at Disney Springs

DisneyCane

A 44 oz soda weighs roughly 1.24 kg. When that weight is dropped from a height of 30' and subtracting 6' for the height of an adult male, it will produce an impact releasing 92 joules of energy. Current research shows that a concision will be incurred at around 56 joules or more. In spite of what you think, even a paper cup will not just break apart harmlessly releasing the liquid in a chuckle inducing splash. It will hold together just fine delivering a concision worthy blow to even a healthy adult male.

Does that sound lawsuit worthy enough to you?

As to what lawyers will or will not do, Jose Martinez successfully sued Disney, winning $8000, after he was left trapped on IASW for 40 minutes. If 40 minutes of listening to IASW will get you 8 grand, I am fairly certain a concussion will get you more.

You are wrong about the physics. There is a HUGE difference between dropping a 1.24kg metal ball on your head from 26' and a 1.24kg paper cup of liquid. The cup and liquid will absorb the vast majority of the force because it will crush and the lid will pop off and the soda will spray out. It is the same concept as why the SAFER barriers in auto racing work. The force on the driver of the exact same crash into a wall at the exact same speed is much lower because the wall absorbs more of the impact force.

Go get a 1.24kg metal ball and a 44oz paper cup of soda and drop them onto a tile floor from 26'. The metal ball will chip or crack the tile, the soda will not. Use a metal cube if you want to take away the surface area of the impact being a variable.

I guess I must have missed all of the injuries and deaths reported as a result of water balloons.

G00fyDad

Are we really going to allow this thread to devolve into a "urinating" match between who's right and who's wrong in the physics of a dropped cup of liquid??

:banghead:

I saw in one photo here that they appear to sell shirts and things. Is there any word on other items? How about a walkthrough by someone going there today?

matt9112

Are we really going to allow this thread to devolve into a "urinating" match between who's right and who's wrong in the physics of a dropped cup of liquid??

:banghead:

I saw in one photo here that they appear to sell shirts and things. Is there any word on other items? How about a walkthrough by someone going there today?

cant figure out how to get photos from phone to wdwmagic

djkidkaz

So can you test drinks for free similar to club cool or is there a pay structure in place?

And do they have the Japan watermelon flavor??

Horizons1

The rooftop bar looks like it'll be nice, if it isn't filled with bloggers and lifestylers. It'll probably be a few months before they slither onto the next new thing they can take pictures of.

WDWBryan

So it looks like the smart watermelon is available in the international tray for $8. Hopefully it's also in the freestyle machines.
I think the freestyle machines are you standard freestyle offerings. trays are the only way to get int. drinks

16 flavors - 2 are currently also at club cool (beverly and inca kolita) and 2 that used to be at club cool (smart watermelon and fanta kola) the other 12 are different

lazyboy97o

It's funny how Beverly is an "international" beverage yet for several years now has only been available in the US at these tasting locations.

djkidkaz

I think the freestyle machines are you standard freestyle offerings. trays are the only way to get int. drinks

16 flavors - 2 are currently also at club cool (beverly and inca kolita) and 2 that used to be at club cool (smart watermelon and fanta kola) the other 12 are different

That's disappointing. I've never been able to buy it. I've even looked online to import it but no luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom