The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
2 more minutes - this is gonna be close!!
images

azjbjxN_460s.jpg

disneydf

Re-Design a Disney Dark Ride to Be a Disney Roller Coaster:

The dark ride I am turning into a roller coaster will be Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin. For this coaster, you as the guest are on the mission to defeat Zurg, you go on a series of a building of twist and turns as you are in team with Star Command in figuring out ways to hide and destroy Zurg. The roller coaster car will be in the shape of a rocket, as it launches you off into a dark building, you will be surrounded by many twist and turns to get away from the attack of Zurg, at the very end there will be a huge Zurg animatronic that the coaster will go around while the animatronic says," I'll get you next time for this, you space commanders!". As the coaster ends, you are greeted by Buzz wishing you a great time, and to come back for more adventures in space. The ride will be 3 minutes long and will be placed in Tomorrowland.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Duel Reviews
hogwartsbanner.png

Hufflepuff vs. Ravenclaw
@RMichael – I have to be honest, I really enjoyed your Tower of Terror spin on an ice cream shop! Your signature ice cream (The Twlight Zone), interior, and extension of ToT was fantastic!

Though, I love this idea for the attraction, my major concern is Hollywood Scoops being literally across the street from the Tower. It’s kind of the major ice cream place in Hollywood Studios, and they serve brownie and special sundaes as well.

Other than that, very creative!

@David2319 – I really loved this idea! Very creative, out of the box, and a completely unexpected choice!

It seemed like it fit well with Animal Kingdom and Pandora! My favorite addition in this had to be the Dapophet Leaf!

Sadly, the project didn’t meet the 20-sentence limit for Battle of Hogwarts duel requirements, so I can’t count this project.

Gryffindor
vs. Ravenclaw
@Poe Dameron – Excellent idea for a flat ride! Mixing the Shanghai technology for the Tron spinner with an X-wing seems like a fantastic idea!

The location was a good move to promote traffic flow, well done!

Lastly, the Tie-Fighters just made the ride more immersive then an average spinner.

Great project!

@disneydf – Did not submit.

Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw
@tcool123 – Fantastic Project tcool! Being the only person who did a website, I have to give you props!

Your pavilion seemed to fit perfectly within the World Showcase, along with your stores, restaurants, and Historia.

The Adventures of Don Quixote has to be one of my favorite project ideas on the forum. Seriously, spectacular job!

It fits spectacularly, the Audio-animatronic preshow and queue flow perfectly with the attraction. There was a great ride vehicle, and the attraction still had a classic dark ride flair to it. Excellent work!

@JokersWild – Did not submit.

Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin
@Flippin'Flounder – First off, I really enjoyed your title for this project! “Illuminate the World” was a great play on Illuminations and I think it fits well in the World Showcase Lagoon. Using projections and fireworks sounded like a great way to cap off the night, though I wish you had a unique special effect to your show like the fire barge, though the floats were a nice touch!

Overall, Great work!

@IAmNotAHufflepuff – Did Not Submit.

Hufflepuff vs. Gryffindor
@spacemt354 –I really enjoyed this refurbishment! I feel like you fixed the “unknown time” for the last scene in COP, which is nice. The years you chose were excellent to keep up with the times.

I really enjoyed the script in general, but the 2000s had to be my favorite! The little things in this project really stand out.

Overall excellent work!

@IDInstitute – I’m glad you chose Kali River Rapids, because it really needs some help. I like that you kept the queue and preshow as it is, because it really tells the story well! The music was a nice adition to make the land flow better.

I enjoyed the additions of onboard audio, flora, fauna, waterfall, temple, and animals. I think it all works well to make this attraction 100x better then it is now!

Overall, Great project!

Last edited:

tcool123

Hufflepuff vs. Ravenclaw
@Flippin'Flounder – First off, I really enjoyed your title for this project! “Illuminate the World” was a great play on Illuminations and I think it fits well in the World Showcase Lagoon. Using projections and fireworks sounded like a great way to cap off the night, though I wish you had a unique special effect to your show like the fire barge, though the floats were a nice touch!

Overall, Great work!

@IAmNotAHufflepuff – Did Not Submit.
Neither them are Ravenclaw, Red ;) Flippin is a Huffle, Huffle is a Slytherin.

tcool123

@RMichael – I have to be honest, I really enjoyed your Tower of Terror spin on an ice cream shop! Your signature ice cream (The Twlight Zone), interior, and extension of ToT was fantastic!

Though, I love this idea for the attraction, my major concern is Hollywood Scoops being literally across the street from the Tower. It’s kind of the major ice cream place in Hollywood Studios, and they serve brownie and special sundaes as well.

Other than that, very creative!

@David2319 – I really loved this idea! Very creative, out of the box, and a completely unexpected choice!

It seemed like it fit well with Animal Kingdom and Pandora! My favorite addition in this had to be the Dapophet Leaf!

Sadly, the project didn’t meet the 20-sentence limit for Battle of Hogwarts duel requirements, so I can’t count this project.
It may depend on what you counted as a sentence, but I found 20 or 21 sentences on the dot denoted by the change of color I added to make it easier.
Year 7 - Battle of Hogwarts David2319 vs. RMicheal21

For Ravenclaw!!!

Na'vi Shakes & Bakes
2 Na'vi Bakes
3 Kitchen/backstage (This will be hidden from view of guests using trees)

View attachment 148765

Story After the conflict settled between Earth's people and the Na'vi of Pandora, the Na'vi people decided to share their sweat delicacies with the people so they can understand their culture. Pandora's food that the Na'vi people understand and love has been a staple of not only the Na'vi, but of the entire moon Pandora. The food has been prepared this way since the Na'vi people have existed. Built using shrubs, the result is a splendid street market with two stands on Pandora!

Guests will go to an order window and then a pickup window nearly identical to the Harambe Market in design and flow of guests. This way will allow for a quick order and pickup as Pandora: The World of Avatar will be swamped with people once it opens. Also it will primarily be standing only, with minimal tables, but there will be some benches.

Menu
(Please remember the funky names are based off of Pandora's actual food)

Drinks
Water Bottle, four themed coca cola freestyle machines out of view from Pandora: The World of Avatar, and pomegranate juice (exclusive to this location)

Na'vi Shakes
(GF) (SF) (DF) Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Blizzard
Served hot or cold, your choice!

Dapophet Leaf
It is a leaf (in real life coconut) used for carrying water by the Na'vi people, but instead of water your choice of one of many varieties of ice cream will be served on top.
View attachment 148768

Branches
Milkshakes served in 16 ounce ultra tall plastic cups resembling a Pandora tree branch. (Has slots for two rubber like straws so it can be shared. Second straw available upon request as it is permanently inserted by Cast Member because it is not paper)

(Ice Cream / Milkshake varieties)
Chocolate, Coffee, Strawberry, Peanut butter, Coconut, Raspberry, Blueberry, butterscotch, Orange, Pumpkin, Vanilla with caramel, Cotton Candy, Cookies & Cream, Float, Vanilla, Dulce De Leche, Pomegranate.

Na'vi Bakes
Banana Fruit
Is considered a special treat by the Na'vi. Contains chocolate ice cream in the center with caramel dripping down. Also contains bananas. Feeds two people.
View attachment 148766
Pandora Berries
Strawberries & cherries on a chocolate brownie.
Signature item --- Puffers
Delicious pastry is half Mille-feuille half flourless chocolate soufflé.
View attachment 148767

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
It may depend on what you counted as a sentence, but I found 20 or 21 sentences on the dot denoted by the change of color I added to make it easier.
You can blame me for that, because I had mentioned last week to make sure and be a stickler that everything actually followed the requirements in the final round.:p

It's okay, it's July now...summertime:D

Eh, as long as you put some sort of effort in and came close, it should be good. She was just trying to be fair to everyone at the end.:bookworm:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Year Seven Main Challenge Reviews

2000px-Hogwarts_coat_of_arms_colored_with_shading.svg.png

Gryffindor

latest

First of all, great job keeping the seaside theme that’s apparent with the rest of Crescent Lake! It really flows well with the style of the Boardwalk and the Yacht Club. The two countries theme also works well with the World Showcase Entrance available by boat, nice work on that! I really enjoyed the details you put into this, the numbers, amenities, shopping, transportation, ect. The nice little touches brought this project together.

On the other hand, I wish you went a little more out of the box then the “Two Resorts in one” theme, similar to the Swan and Dolphin. That’s literally just a nitpick though, I really like the resort in general.

The Larissa side seems a bit more Contemporary “Garden Wing” style, while the Sicily side reminds me of MiraCosta. It seemed like a nice fashion that works well together! The Larissa Lobby seemed to remind me of a “deluxe” Port Orleans French Quarter lobby, which was interesting! The Sicily side lobby didn’t disappoint either, with almost a play on the “Grand” lobby. Dark colors are used a lot around Crescent Lake resorts for lobbies (Boardwalk and Yacht Club), so this was nice to see!

I wish the resort room category included an Epcot or Studios view. I know you mentioned it was from a lot of rooms, but it would have been nice to market it that way for guests looking to see a specific park. The Room contents seemed and Club Level seemed normal for a deluxe.

Your Resort Dining seemed to flow well with Crescent Lake and the Resorts! Aegean Market seemed to fill the “Greek Food” void at WDW, “Cat Cora: Mediterranean Flare” works well since she had a restaurant at the Boardwalk. Dal Mare Cafe/By The Sea Café, Corvino's, and Volare Lounge, seemed to flow well. I wish the Gelato Ice Cream Shop had a more creative name to build off of the Resort’s story, but again, that’s a nitpick.

Recreation was great with a nice array of options similar to Deluxe resort offerings. I enjoyed the fact that Mediterranean Bay was similar to Stormalong Bay at Yacht and Beach, giving another option on property.

Overall, spectacular work Gryffindor! Nice way to finish the House Cup!

Hufflepuff
latest

I really enjoyed how you played on the fact that Hollywood Studios is nearby! It’s a nice intro to the park. Though I do think it doesn’t flow well with the rest of Crescent Lake, it can make the hotel a little more prominent to the other resorts, similar to Seven Seas Lagoon.

I like that you took into consideration the Swan and Dolphin’s view from Epcot. It’s a little thing that really can be fixed with a new hotel. I also enjoyed your architecture choice; very old Hollywood and the art deco should mix well! The colors of the Hotel we’re a little off for me though, I feel like the grey/silver/blue combination was just too strong for a Hotel in Florida. Though I enjoy the first floor plan, it seemed like the Hotel needed to be a bit brighter. More windows to show off the Florida weather, like Animal Kingdom Lodge or Fort Wilderness could really brighten up your resort from the dark inside and grey exterior.

It seems like this would be the “Contemporary” of Crescent Lake, and I enjoy that! I liked the spacious rooms, infinity pool, and Charlie Chaplin's bistro,24/365, Napoleons, and Cavalcade all sounded like Fantastic additions to your resort! Well done on that note! The Celebrity dining package seemed like a nice option as well!

I loved seeing the custom merchandise for “And The Winner Is...” Excellent shop! Sid Cahuenga's Tinseltown Treasures was a nice tribute to Hollywood Studios as well. Tip Top gifts was a nice gift shop for upscale gifts. I will say I thought the addition of Coconut Grove was a bit of too much, though. Two large gift shops are really all that’s needed for a deluxe resort and the DVC items could have easily been mixed in with another gift shop.

The Hollywood Grand Theatre fit excellent as a custom option to the resort! I really enjoyed this addition! I was a little disappointed with the “Friday: Closed” schedule, with Friday night being part of the “weekend”. I wish Music, magic, movies!

a celebration of Hollywood had more a custom story as well, instead of a celebration. Custom Characters and an overall storyline would have done this show well. Other then that, I did love the music in this show!

Room and Resort Amenities, and transportation seemed nice! I really would have liked to see a water slide at the pool, as many deluxe and moderates do.

The map page was a nice visual.

Overall, Great Work Hufflepuff! Wonderful job in the finale. Happy to see you guys go out with a bang!

Ravenclaw

latest

I enjoyed how you decided to include Greece as your theme. I think it fits into the World Showcase entrance nearby well and it hasn’t been used by Disney as much as it could be! It fits well with the other resorts across Crescent Lake. The Archotecture of your Greek Tower seemed to mix Contemporary style into your hotel, it reminded me a lot of the original Polynesian Tower design on Seven Seas lagoon.

I think it great that you included the DVC in here as well! Santorini would be perfect for a theme for DVC! Pool was wonderful as well!

Aphrodite’s Courtyard, Demeter’s Marketplace, and Dionysus’s Vine Yard all seemed like wonderful options for this resort! I like how you added a Trader Sam’s like bar over to this Deluxe resort area as well.

Overall, nice Resort! Great job going all out for the finale Ravenclaw!

Slytherin
latest

Did Not Post.

How to these challenges rank in House Points? Stay tuned as we declare a winner of the House Cup today!

MonorailRed

Applebees
2000px-Hogwarts_coat_of_arms_colored_with_shading.svg.png

Mini Challenge Results

Total Submissions From Gryffindor – 23

Total Submissions From Hufflepuff - 25

Total Submissions From Ravenclaw - 14

Total Submissions From Slytherin - 0

House Points Awarded

Gryffindor – 230
Hufflepuff – 250

Ravenclaw – 140

Slytherin - 0

Duel Results

Hufflepuff @RMichael21 vs Ravenclaw @David2319

75 Points are awarded to….

@RMichael21 for Hufflepuff!

(50 Points given to @David2319 for participation)

Gryffindor @disneydf vs Ravenclaw @Poe Dameron

50 Points are awarded to….

@Poe Dameron for Ravenclaw!

(50 Points given as @disneydf did not post)

Slytherin @JokersWild vs Ravenclaw @tcool123

@tcool for Ravenclaw!

(50 Points given for this duel plus 25 Prefect Points are given to @tcool for going over the moon for this project.)

Slytherin @IAmNotAHufflepuff vs Hufflepuff @Flippin'Flounder

50 Points are awarded to….

@Flippin’Flounder for Hufflepuff!

(50 Points given as @IAmNotAHufflepuff did not post)

Gryffindor @spacemt354 vs Hufflepuff @IDInstitute

@spacemt354 for Gryffindor!

(50 Points given to @IDInstitute for participation)

Main Challenge Results

1. Gryffindor

2. Hufflepuff

3. Ravenclaw

Slytherin – Did not submit.

Total House Points Awarded for Year Seven
tumblr_static_f1p9zwvsy6o8w0wg80g4cc0so.png

Gryffindor – 525

Hufflepuff – 620

Ravenclaw – 485

Slytherin – 0

Overall Rankings For House Points and the Winner for the House Cup is....
latest

Gryffindor – 1648

Hufflepuff – 1764

Ravenclaw – 1,551

Slytherin – 999

The Winning House of the House Cup is…..The Hufflepuff House!

anigif_enhanced-19173-1427559102-4.gif

Go Party Badgers!
giphy.gif

A Final Thanks to all for participating in The House Cup Competition! It wouldn't have been as great as it was without each and every you!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
A big congratulations to Hufflepuff for the win:D

And also to all teams, judges, and onlookers for the hard work and dedication over these past 2 and a half months. It's gone by so fast, but that means you're enjoying yourself.

But I think the real person who deserves the most congratulations is @MonorailRed

I've had the honor of working closely with Red since around this time last year. And, she knows, I ask a lot at times, admittedly :p but Red never said boo, and even though she has work and responsibilities elsewhere that would cause the average person to tail off, Red didn't do that...and always went above and beyond to make sure this was a success. And I can't thank her enough...she is the Dumbledore of this comp and definitely deserves a virtual round of applause from everyone! :happy:
harry-potter-clapping.gif

MonorailRed

Applebees
I would like to thank @spacemt354 for his hand in the House Cup as well!

Space has had serious passion in the House Cup, being a lead in the discussion and competition thread, introducing the comp to others, and actually creating the format for the Competition himself! He has gone beyond the call of duty as a host to make sure this Competition was the best and would succeed.

If it wasn't for Space hosting, House Cup would not be what it is. So, give a round of applause to Space for the creation, imagination, and drive for coming up with this unique Imagineering Event! This wouldn't have existed without him!

Hogwarts-Cheers-Claps-With-Excitement-In-Harry-Potter.gif

Also give a round of applause to @Voxel for popping in to judge in the competition! It's always good to have a second judge for input and it was great to work with him! Awesome to work with you again Vox!
200_s.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Absolutely! You guys deserve it. :geek: :joyfull: :happy: I had such a blast. I think next time this rolls around, I will participate!
That's great! I'm glad you had such a good time:D

Tonight or tomorrow I will post a survey where you can comment about what you liked, needs improvement, and what you'd want to see in a future version. We will look at all of them and take it all into consideration. :bookworm:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom