Pre-Trip WEIGHT LOSS, MONEY SAVING, P.A. SCHOOL! DISNEY 2017!

HI FRIENDS!! :) GUESS WHO FOUND OUT SHE'S GOING BACK TO WALT DISNEY WORLD NEXT YEAR!!

"But JROGUE," you may say, "how can this be? You just took your sister trip and didn't you think you might not be back for a while after that?" Well friends, you're right. But little did I know, my parents and boyfriend were all insanely jealous of Jessica and I while we were at WDW. So much so that they decided we need to take a trip there next year!! Needless to say, Jess and I couldn't contain our excitement.
Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 10.55.27 AM.png

If you want to check out that completed report, you can find that here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-our-first-sister-trip-report-june-11-15th-2016.914576/

We don't know exactly when we will be able to go. This is where my PTR name factors in! My sister has applied to a Physician Assistant (PA) school, and when we go on this trip depends on whether or not she gets into the school. If she gets in, then we go in May. If she doesn't get in, then we go in October. However, if she gets in and we go in May, we will have to work it around her graduation and finals AND Memorial Day weekend. We could push it back, but I don't want to go again in June because it was too hot so we'll see. We won't know if she gets into the school or not until this October, so that is when the REAL nitty gritty and booking will commence!

One thing that I do know for sure is no matter when we go ...We are going back HOME! WE ARE STAYING AT THE POLYNESIAN RESORT! YAY!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

More TK soon, as I will explain what the rest of my PTR name comes from! A brief summary: I am going to lose weight for our next trip (at least around 30lbs) and I am saving money for it -- I'll tell you how!

So, next up: Weight loss, money saving, and the WHO of the trip!

Last edited:

LisaBelle

HI FRIENDS!! :) GUESS WHO FOUND OUT SHE'S GOING BACK TO WALT DISNEY WORLD NEXT YEAR!!

"But JROGUE," you may say, "how can this be? You just took your sister trip and didn't you think you might not be back for a while after that?" Well friends, you're right. But little did I know, my parents and boyfriend were all insanely jealous of Jessica and I while we were at WDW. So much so that they decided we need to take a trip there next year!! Needless to say, Jess and I couldn't contain our excitement.
View attachment 148576
If you want to check out that completed report, you can find that here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/completed-our-first-sister-trip-report-june-11-15th-2016.914576/

We don't know exactly when we will be able to go. This is where my PTR name factors in! My sister has applied to a Physician Assistant (PA) school, and when we go on this trip depends on whether or not she gets into the school. If she gets in, then we go in May. If she doesn't get in, then we go in October. However, if she gets in and we go in May, we will have to work it around her graduation and finals AND Memorial Day weekend. We could push it back, but I don't want to go again in June because it was too hot so we'll see. We won't know if she gets into the school or not until this October, so that is when the REAL nitty gritty and booking will commence!

One thing that I do know for sure is no matter when we go ...We are going back HOME! WE ARE STAYING AT THE POLYNESIAN RESORT! YAY!!! :inlove:
:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

More TK soon, as I will explain what the rest of my PTR name comes from! A brief summary: I am going to lose weight for our next trip (at least around 30lbs) and I am saving money for it -- I'll tell you how!

So, next up: Weight loss, money saving, and the WHO of the trip!

Yay! So excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your saving plan!

jrogue

Original Poster
So, without further ado, here we go!

WHO?
THE DEFINITES:
My darling sister, whom many of you were introduced to in my previous TR!
882649_713868684742_669831588_o.jpg

& my parents! I'll refer to them as Mom and Dad so you don't have to remember any extra names.
883250_713739713202_252811889_o.jpg

Oh, and me, of course!
191418_675948292512_431309276_o.jpg

267029_675926855472_1463231870_o.jpg

327354_675920752702_479215355_o.jpg

So, our party could look like this:
620605_664630772912_1956491867_o.jpg

OR, we could have these two additional looney tunes join us! That's my boyfriend, Vinny on the left (with curls for days!) and Jessica's boyfriend Luc on the right.
901468_713791758902_1746913764_o.jpg

Originally we started out talking about this as the four of us only (mom, dad, Jessica, me) but Vinny (my boyfriend) was super jealous of the last trip and also wanted to join! Luc (Jessica's) doesn't really enjoy Disney like the rest of us do, so originally he said he didn't want to go. However, as we spoke more, he agreed to (possibly) taking the train down with Jessica (cause she gets sick in planes) and then staying with us but doing other things in Florida and not going on Disney property. o_Oo_Oo_O

I already mentioned the uncertainty of the when, but in terms of nights and parks...
WHAT?
NINE full days in Orlando! Two days Universal, seven days Disney. Yay!

And, since you already know WHERE?, I figured I'd share a photo I took eons ago of my favorite fountain that is no longer with us from the Poly. :cry::cry::cry::cry:
902748_713735366912_622009866_o.jpg

So, next up: Weight loss, and money saving!

Last edited:

jrogue

Original Poster
THANK YOU SO MUCH ONCE AGAIN EVERYONE FOR FOLLOWING! I'm going to take y'all on an 8 month journey with me. :)

WEIGHT LOSS
Okay, so here is my plan.

Over the next eight months I am looking to lose at least 28lbs. All my life my weight has been fairly evenly distributed, so I never looked as heavy as I am. Also, I am almost 5'8", so being tall probably helped too! I haven't been under 200lbs in about four or five years, so that is my main goal.

I had originally made a promise to myself that by my trip with my sister I would lose 10lbs. I didn't, so now I am trying something new and kicking my butt into high gear. By March 31, 2017 I want to lose at least 28lbs for my upcoming Disney trip. I've separated this into phases, and have added a general workout guideline.

Eating plan: I will log my food on LoseIt.com (as well as their cell phone app). My daily calorie budget is 1,855 calories. I can eat (to an extent) what I want, as long as it is within the calorie budget. However, if I have not worked out that day, I cannot have anything I consider a "treat" and will have to be extra meticulous about sticking to the plan.

For example, here is what an eating plan for a day without working out should look like: Oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch, chicken ceaser (or vinaigrette) salad for dinner, fruit for dessert.
On a day in which I am working out, my plan may be adjusted to something like: egg white and one slice of cheese on a roll for breakfast, turkey sandwich for lunch, chicken cutlets (baked) for dinner, two whole grain chocolate chip cookies for dessert.
Snacks often include: fat free Jello pudding, cheese sticks, carrots, yogurt, whole grain Goldfish crackers, etc. One of my favorite snacks (and nightly rituals during the last time when I successfully lost 20lbs) was having green tea (Twinings, duh!) with two chocolate chip cookies. Green tea in general is one of my favorites!

STARTING WEIGHT: 227.7lbs
GOAL: 199lbs

Workout plan:
M: rest day
T: Either the cardio kickboxing class I like, or a full-body circuit
W: cardio! (running, Zumba, or elliptical)
R: Full body workout with my trainer (and friend!!) Pam
F: cardio! (running, Zumba, or elliptical)
SAT: full-body circuit
SUN: some type of outdoorsy activity, so running or swimming.

So, what I am in right now is PHASE 1: This is the first month or so. Work out every day except Monday, and get back in the habit of never skipping a workout. START EATING BETTER. Make smarter choices about what I eat and when. I started this week. Monday was my rest day, yesterday I did a circuit, today I will go running.

If phase 1 isn't showing me the results I want, then I kick it into high gear with PHASE 2: Increase intensity of the workouts. Do the circuits 4x instead of 3, go on longer runs, etc. Start replacing more of the "treats" with other things. (ie instead of having a bagel for breakfast 2x a week, only allowed 1x).

To celebrate my new plan and to say goodbye to constantly eating bad food I had one last Carvelanche Sunday afternoon:
20160626_195600.jpg

IT WAS SO TASTY. There are 600 delicious calories in a small Carvelanche. But now I can go into my plan knowing I've had it, and knowing I can have it again when I see results. Once I hit 210lbs again I can have another Carvelanche, then again when I hit 199lbs. Until then, it's smaller portions of ice cream with barely any toppings if I want a treat. (ie only one cup, with a teaspoon of Carvel crunchies)

Anywho, I am excited to share this 8 month journey with you, and thank you to everyone who is joining me on it! This will probably be the longest PTR ever, and I will make sure to keep it an even balance of Disney-workout-money ^_^

sheriffwoody

Sounds like a great plan! I lost weight right after college, and it was essentially with the same method as you are describing. Just cutting back on bad foods and calorie intake as well as running. When I added strength training is when I really started to notice changes.

Over about three years, I've slowly reverted back to some old habits, so I'm buckling down on getting back to where I was (I blame marathon training for making me eat too much and jacking up my feet so I can't run anymore! :grumpy:).

I'm excited to see your progress and celebrate with you when you reach your goals! :cat: Keep us updated!

jrogue

Original Poster
Sounds like a great plan! I lost weight right after college, and it was essentially with the same method as you are describing. Just cutting back on bad foods and calorie intake as well as running. When I added strength training is when I really started to notice changes.

Over about three years, I've slowly reverted back to some old habits, so I'm buckling down on getting back to where I was (I blame marathon training for making me eat too much and jacking up my feet so I can't run anymore! :grumpy:).

I'm excited to see your progress and celebrate with you when you reach your goals! :cat: Keep us updated!
Strength training is awesome, and that's what helped me lose those 20lbs the first time I did it!! That's what my circuits are basically, so I'm hoping to get similar results with them. I lost 20lbs in about 5 months (and then gained it all back, sigh), so hopefully I can do more with the 8!

and LOL oh gosh yeah, training for anything is hard because your body and metabolism goes into overdrive and is like FEED MEEE CALORIESS and then you must oblige because otherwise you'll be ravenous and won't achieve the results you want.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D I am excited to report back on the progress/goals!!:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy: and I'll be here if you need motivation to get back!! :D we'll all be team disney, haha

disneyfirstLJ

Following along! I have started a "lifestyle" change as well. I am on day 3 and feeling good so far. My plan is 30 minutes of some type of exercise per day, getting up away from my desk at work once every hour, drinking only water & unsweetened green tea and eating a healthy diet (no junk food!). I am starting with a small goal of losing 10 pounds and feeling/sleeping better. Then I will go from there.
I wish you luck!

jrogue

Original Poster
Following along! I have started a "lifestyle" change as well. I am on day 3 and feeling good so far. My plan is 30 minutes of some type of exercise per day, getting up away from my desk at work once every hour, drinking only water & unsweetened green tea and eating a healthy diet (no junk food!). I am starting with a small goal of losing 10 pounds and feeling/sleeping better. Then I will go from there.
I wish you luck!
Yes!! Day 3 for me too!! :) Sounds like we are on a similar path. That's a good point about cutting out every drink aside from water and unsweetened tea. That's pretty much what I do now, but lately I have found myself ordering lemonades whenever I go to Panera! Good luck to you and keep me updated with your progress! :)

I have about 10 lbs to lose but it seems so hard! Ever since my daughter was born, I've been slacking on running. I ran a marathon when I was pregnant with her but have barely run since! I really want to get back into it!
Ugh yeah! I wish losing was as easy as gaining! :hilarious: I'd be so thin by now. :facepalm:

jrogue

Original Poster
Would anyone like to see some random mini reports of events I'll be doing in between now and Disney such as the Wildwood boardwalk in NJ and NY Comic Con? Is that allowed? If so, would you want to see it?

I was thinking of posting in here a mini TR about what I went to last night, the Macys 4th of July fireworks pre-taping of Sara Bareilles :)

sheriffwoody

Would anyone like to see some random mini reports of events I'll be doing in between now and Disney such as the Wildwood boardwalk in NJ and NY Comic Con? Is that allowed? If so, would you want to see it?

I was thinking of posting in here a mini TR about what I went to last night, the Macys 4th of July fireworks pre-taping of Sara Bareilles :)
Well, I love Sara Bareilles, so I say YES!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom