Fourth of July 2016 celebrations at Walt Disney World

kenny279

Does Epcot show the Illuminations fourth of July fireworks on the 3rd as a dress rehearsal? I have heard that, but didn't see the date listed in the article. Curious to know if they do or not.

Jeffxz

Is anyone hearing anything about enforcing a guest only policy at the Polynesian for 3rd or 4th?

If the beach is closed is there another good place to watch the fireworks and water pageant?

YodaMan

I know the new Star Wars fireworks just started and they probably want to continue to hype them, but I'm honestly surprised Studios isn't doing anything special for the Fourth. Especially since they did so the last two years and just didn't perform the then-nightly Frozen Fireworks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I know the new Star Wars fireworks just started and they probably want to continue to hype them, but I'm honestly surprised Studios isn't doing anything special for the Fourth. Especially since they did so the last two years and just didn't perform the then-nightly Frozen Fireworks.
Yep agreed

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is anyone hearing anything about enforcing a guest only policy at the Polynesian for 3rd or 4th?

If the beach is closed is there another good place to watch the fireworks and water pageant?
There is some security.

If you are not staying at the Poly or do not have a dining reservation there you pretty much are not getting into the parking lot.

You can however get into the resort from the TTC, Monorail, etc.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I am quite curious to what they will do at the poly for the Fireworks. A lot of people go there to watch the fireworks. They would need a lot of extra staff just to keep people off the beaches.

asianway

There is some security.

If you are not staying at the Poly or do not have a dining reservation there you pretty much are not getting into the parking lot.

You can however get into the resort from the TTC, Monorail, etc.
I thought they were scanning MBs last year on the 4th(not the 3rd) if I recall

Seanual757

Over the past 2 years the Poly has had staff at the entrances from the TTC and Monorail entrance turning guests away who have no business at the resort. Only those staying and those who have dining reservations are allowed. If you do not have a MB they will have a list of all quests with dining reservations.

Since the beach will be closed as of now I am sure security will be even tighter limiting the amount of people trying to get access.

We are staying the VGF from Friday to Tuesday I will see once we check in to see what it is like. We stayed last July 4th at the VGF, and the year before at Saratoga.

All I can say is just like in years past avoid the MK unless you get in early with FP's and get out it was a madhouse in years past.

asianway

Over the past 2 years the Poly has had staff at the entrances from the TTC and Monorail entrance turning guests away who have no business at the resort. Only those staying and those who have dining reservations are allowed. If you do not have a MB they will have a list of all quests with dining reservations.

Since the beach will be closed as of now I am sure security will be even tighter limiting the amount of people trying to get access.

We are staying the VGF from Friday to Tuesday I will see once we check in to see what it is like. We stayed last July 4th at the VGF, and the year before at Saratoga.

All I can say is just like in years past avoid the MK unless you get in early with FP's and get out it was a madhouse in years past.
If theres a bright side to all this madness it will be forcing every Cheap Skate lifestyler to actually purchase goods or services to tie up beach space.

Thumper 32

I don't believe so, as far as I know they have not been back since 2014 departure. But I'm not 100%, so if anyone knows otherwise.

They have not. You can find the 2015 edition of the Voices of Liberty 4th of July concert on YouTube, and the finale awkwardly has no fife and drums, even though Mickey and friends still march out as if there was.

Are we sure they're coming back this year? Or did a clueless marketing intern just copy and paste some lines from prior years? I'd love to be proven wrong, but it seems very unlikely they're remounting the group for one day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom