Talking Tomorrowland

Should Tomorrowland go through a huge makeover?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Tomorrowland is sort of heading towards the past. There are no "flying cars of the future" there. Tomorrowland might need a refurb. It could get a fun flying car ride. Talking Tomorrowland is about thoughts for revamping the loved world, rumors, news, and basically anything about Tomorrowland in any park. Do not be afraid to post ideas. :)

Bolt

Tomorrowland is sort of heading towards the past. There are no "flying cars of the future" there. Tomorrowland might need a refurb. It could get a fun flying car ride. Talking Tomorrowland is about thoughts for revamping the loved world, rumors, news, and basically anything about Tomorrowland in any park. Do not be afraid to post ideas. :)
This thread sounds like something that will stay positive.

Rescue Ranger

tumblr_l6hs99yxjN1qc073co1_400.gif

cheesecake

I've always liked tomorrowland, and future world in Epcot. Unfortunately, I think without Walt's (or really anyone's) continuously changing vision, it will only become more outdated and laughable. Sticking with Tomorrowland, I think Buzz Lightyear needs to be cleaned up for starters. Compared to the comparable Toy Story ride in HS, it's much dingier and less appealing. I think some paint could go a long way for starters, and I think they could also work on the lasers. It seems like there's always a couple out of commission.

Not sure why the laugh floor is even in Tomorrowland. I think it would be better suited for HS but whatever. I think that there should be more warning to first timers that people from the audience get selected to participate/have jokes made at their expense. I think if there was a designated area (like a splash zone at water shows) where people want to be chosen that would be better. (Unless people are informed ahead of time, and I was just unaware of that)

I love the TTA. Some of the "future" components should probably be updated. They show things like video chat, which was very sci-fi futuristic upon its inception, but very commonplace now.

Speedway can get out. Unless they can switch to solar powered or electric little cars, there is nothing futuristic about this.

As far as coming up with ideas, unfortunately I'm no imagineer. I don't know where the line is between Epcot and Tomorrowland, but I would like to see more of an emphasis on global unity and peace, promoting respect and tolerance for other cultures, researching energy sources, etc. Overall, encouraging people to ask questions about the world around them and inspiring them to want to learn and create.

Bocabear

The TTA could be a much more solid attraction if they just spent a little money on some decent new show scenes... Their used to be more visible from the track years ago... and understanding they can't open up the same views that were there, they could add some really wonderful new show scenes to what exists... When you are in Space Mountin there is a VERY long portion of the ride in what used to look over the Queue area and is now walled off... Could they not add some lighting and effects to play directly to the TTA? There are many opportunities to make it a much more engaging experience... Then the Speedway has GOT ot go! Either make it more futuristic and whimsical like the Hong Kong version or get rid of it completely...One of the things that was a plus from the Project Gemini proposal was adding an Autopia type attraction to the Test Track pavilion...i think that is a brilliant idea... and then use that HUGE chunk of land for a new attraction... So many things could be done... Oh, and Please please please get rid of Stitch!

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Tomorrowland Speedway and Autopia could be updated to maybe a hover-car type ride with a whole different track sequence and possibly not running into Fantasyland and could be smaller.

Buzz Lightyear can be changed hugely by remaking it into a ride like Space Mountain but slower and more Toy Story.

Stitch, I agree should go because even though it includes aliens, it could make way for a time machine ride possibly or another gift shop or an entertainment place. Either way, Stitch should go.

Astro Orbiter should move to the front of the land like DL and be updated or fixed because it breaks down. Then the middle area with the restaurant could be 2 stories and have a 360 degree panoramic show like at the China Pavillon at EPCOT.

Space Mountain could be renamed to Hyper Space Mountain like DL and could be updated to be like Disneyland Paris.

Bocabear

Astrro Ornbiter shold never be moved like Disneylan's...it is considered a huge design mistake and looks terrible. The counter service restaurant below does not need to be two stories...Buzz Lightyear like a slower Space Mountain and yet more Toy Story? I don't even understand what that means.... Space mountain could be plussed...that is a fine idea and removing stitch is always a good idea....

Bocabear

if it's purely armchair imagineering it would be great to send both Buzz Lightyear and Laugh Floor over to DHS Toy Story Land,....but then you would have two shooting games.... Maybe leave Buzz, Move Laugh Floor to the studios, and turn the old circle vision theater into something amazing and new...

DisneyForever

Original Poster
Well Laugh Floor is not Toy Story but I see that you could put it in the Pixar area and I agree that Buzz Lightyear should go to Toy Story Land. Then the old Lightyear building would be turned into what? And the Laugh Floor building would be turned into what? I'm pretty sure about this but since Laugh Floor and Lightyear's buildings are next to each other we could create 1 ride with both buildings.

orlando678-

I think it would be cool to change Stitch into a time machine or maybe even a teleportation attraction. Other ideas would be a Wall-E dark ride, an original dark ride about ancient aliens for another non-IP e ticket like Big Thunder, space and haunted mansion, a hovercraft ride, a tron ride and maybe if Disney is going with more IP, Meet the Robinsons, but this is very unlikely.

DisneyForever

Original Poster
The Wall-E ride would be pretty fun. If we had a TRON ride, where in Tomorrowland would we put it? A Meet the Robinsons ride would seem unlikely in Tomorrowland even though it has flying cars and futuristic things like that. Hopefully I will be able to make my blueprint of future Tomorrowland which has all of the ideas so far and post it on here. Stay tuned.

TwilightZone

I was actually thinking of doing an article about this lol.
Basically here's what I'd do
  • replace speedway with tron coaster
  • replace buzz lighter with a sequel to alien encounter where you shoot at the alien's species
  • replace super hero hq with an avengers ride on the bottom space and have a super hero meet-n-great on the top side (disneyland)
  • replace carousel of progress with a new version of america sings (disney world)
  • replace star tours with an upgraded storm rider
  • replace finding nemo either with atlantis expedition or a science themed finding dory ride
  • upgrade the food
  • replace stitch's great escape with a new simulator attraction that takes you to another planet
  • replace the magic eye theater and monster's inc with a simulator that takes you through other dimensions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom