Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Mike S

Yeah, never thought of Moana, that could have a shot. Not sure how Frozen would fit(yeah I know they did it for epcot), Nemo is another idea too, but I agree those are already done.

I just HOPE that with this new expansion there is a set direction for theme, if its Hollywood experience or theater experience or Movie experience, then have the appropriate tie ins for the attractions.
Moana would actually be a better fit in Adventureland rather than Aladdin. Not saying a whole ride could replace the spinner, just a fact. Maybe the treehouse could go too...

As to a water ride in DHS? Simple.

Indiana Jones Adventure: the Lost City of Atlantis

clemmo

Moana would actually be a better fit in Adventureland rather than Aladdin. Not saying a whole ride could replace the spinner, just a fact. Maybe the treehouse could go too...

Comparing the two yes IJ is much better in DHS. Still Aladdin deserves much better than a spinner imo.

PorterRedkey

I would love a Shanghai-Pirates style attraction themed to this in DHS. Maybe a little more thrill.

DHS needs a water ride so bad, but I have never heard of a single blue-sky plan to add one.:banghead:

Tay

I think a Great Movie Style ride of the Disney Renaissance era would be a great dark ride for DHS.

For water rides I would love for a water ride version that loads more people of Crush's coaster. If Moana doesn't become a big hit , I've always wanted a LILO and Stitch water ride. I don't know what would be a good story for the ride.

Instead of using all 11 acres for Andy's backyard, it would have been cool if they added an updated version of Buzz (The Shanghai version would have been okay as well ) with a queue that resembles the movie's Pizza Planet. I'm sure the general public would not care that two shooter rides of the same franchise are in the same park . I know I wouldn't and would be happy I wouldn't waste hours waiting for Midway Mania.

SteamboatJoe

Turning the stunt show area into an actual IJ ride makes a ridiculous amount of sense.

I've heard that Universal is playing around with live characters in the queue to scare guests (we'll see how long that last) but live cast members in the attraction itself (sort of like Great Movie Ride) I think is an idea worth exploring. The pro is that it would give the guest a completely different experience every time the rode the ride but I suppose the major con would be that it would be really hard to tell a cohesive story on the ride if people are only catching bits and pieces. Live actors in the dark near water and lots of mechanical and electrical equipment I imagine is also pretty hazardous.

Phicinfan

OOOOOOO!!! that sounds like a really fun ride idea! Falling rocks, giant spiders, go into dark ride type area for other effects.....Oh to dream

doctornick

There will be more announced for DHS.

Not a complete, phase 3 new land type more. But nonetheless a little more.

At least one more (big) ride.

Love the optimism and can't wait to hear more in the future. I'd actually prefer multiple smaller rides over one big ride, but am happy to hear that additional offerings are also on track.

So -- and I don't expect to answer quite yet -- my questions are what and where. Will the theme be from Pixar or Disney animation or Indiana Jones? And is the expansion going into Echo Lake or Animation Courtyard or somewhere else new as an option (the southwest corner behind Star Wars?). I've got to imagine that we won't hear anything official until 2017 D23 and probably won't see any construction until TSL opens, especially if it would require closure of anything else running currently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom