Zootopia Coming March 2016

doctornick

I wonder if the movie will get Oscar consideration? It was released so early in the year that I think it will be long forgotten which would be unfortunate, as I think it is good enough to warrant consideration for Best Picture or Screenplay. Not that I would actually expect it to win for Best Picture or anything, but it wouldn't be out of place as a Nominee.

Matt_Black

I wonder if the movie will get Oscar consideration? It was released so early in the year that I think it will be long forgotten which would be unfortunate, as I think it is good enough to warrant consideration for Best Picture or Screenplay. Not that I would actually expect it to win for Best Picture or anything, but it wouldn't be out of place as a Nominee.

Hmm... Good point. On the one hand, The Lego Movie was released early in it's year, and was passed over for a nomination. On the other hand, last year, Pixar had Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. The more recent one was the one that didn't get the Oscar nod.

I think it depends on how well, commercially and critically, Moana does.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
So, the movie is out out on Blu-ray and digital today! Something I've been wondering, though. Anyone else ever notice that Disney always does home video releases for animation on Tuesdays?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
yup thats it. It was very early after she got to zootopia I turned to my wife and said who the villain was. It also has been Disneys goto lately so you could see it coming a mile away.
Fair point. That's the only complaint I have about Zootopia, though

Princess Leia

Hate to bump this thread but Zootopia won the Golden Globe for Best Animated Motion Picture
And yet Disney still has very little in the parks for it.
Once upon a time, new movies had shows and parades at DHS. Hunchback had a great show, and I remember the Aladdin & Hercules parades (unfortunately drawing a blank on the Mulan parade). Disney was in no way ready to promote Frozen, which led to the insane lines for the M&G. At least you can meet Moana; Nick & Judy are only found in parades, right?

Princess Leia

Cant wait forbthem to gut Living with the Land to shoehorn in Zootopia. :rolleyes:

It was an ok movie. Thought Moana was ten times better.
Other than majorly disagreeing with you about Living with the Land (I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not, never know with these boards), I do agree with you about Moana. I just didn't think Zootopia was the best Disney film of the year.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Other than majorly disagreeing with you about Living with the Land (I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not, never know with these boards), I do agree with you about Moana. I just didn't think Zootopia was the best Disney film of the year.
Yes, it was sarcasm. Fiction based attractions have their place. Epcot is not the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom