Can/should/will they fix Kali's splash?

SW_matt

Getting wet doesn't bother me. The last time I went on, it was very hot the day we went to Animal Kingdom. It felt good to get wet.

Every time I ride Rip saw falls I am already wet from the line alone and then pretty much drowned before even the main drop! I have never been in such a damp line!

216bruce

I like the "Jungle Book" re-theming idea and especially a Christopher Walken voiced King Louie giant AA swatting at you. His voice and delivery though, even as a huge orangutan, is so distinctive that it'll just be him swatting at me. Can he ask for 'more cowbell'? or 'more splash'?

wdwfan22

I think the purpose of the ride is to get you soaked. I for one would ride if they reduced to water effects as I don't want to walk around the park soaked in stinky water the rest of the day. However most like the idea of being soaked.

raven

My God... its a river rapids ride and people act like it needs to be "fixed" because you may get wet?

Maybe we should fix missions space because it simulates G-forces or RnRC because it accelerates to fast...

Yeah. And while they are at it, they might want to fix Space Mountain. Those lights inside seem to have been burnt out for decades. ;)

blueboxdoctor

I think in the winter (oddly does get cold there, had to wear winter coats a few nights in either January or December, can't remember which) they should have a way for people to get less wet. But for the summer when it's really hot, keep it the same.

Brad Bishop

I think in the winter (oddly does get cold there, had to wear winter coats a few nights in either January or December, can't remember which) they should have a way for people to get less wet. But for the summer when it's really hot, keep it the same.

They do. The ride was designed to change the rapids based on the weather so in Winter you'll get less splashed (or maybe just some drops).

danyoung56

Complaining about getting wet on a splash ride? This is like that thread where someone was complaining about spooky stuff in the Haunted Mansion.

I don't think they need to change the ride for me. I just don't like getting that wet, so I don't do the Rapids very often. If you recall, the crazy lady in the HM thread wanted to change the ride so that her daughter wouldn't have to be ascaired of the dark.

DisneyFans4Life

The last time I rode the rapids I was one of the people fortunate enough to get completely drenched on this ride. At the bottom of the drop, water came up and over our seats...everything down to my socks and undies were soaked.

Fortunately it was summer time, so I dried quickly. Next time I ride...I'm changing into sandals, a swimsuit and tank top.

I think you should get a little wet on all water rides. Heck...throw in a splash here and there on IASW, LWTL, etc. Imagine entering the rainforest scene in IASW and going through some light misters...that'd be great!

sgtmgd

Well Disney could put in a couple of the human dryers that Universal uses, If we're going to ride Kali we all bring a change of clothes that we put in the locker just in case or are wearing dri-fit stuff that wont take long to dry on its own.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
It's a water ride. You're going to get soaked on a water ride. If you don't want to get wet, either wear a poncho or don't get on it.

Wdw62114

So you want Disney to fix a water ride so people dont get wet? While their at it, can they fix the safari so it doesnt have animals, and remove the drop on ToT because im afraid of heights

Thebolt

I'd love the ride to be longer; but I am sure there are better options for spending the sort of money required and adding something new instead.
The splash doesn't need any alteration; its 50/50 that you'll get a soaking; just as it should be.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
So you want Disney to fix a water ride so people dont get wet? While their at it, can they fix the safari so it doesnt have animals, and remove the drop on ToT because im afraid of heights

and the Stretching Room at Haunted Mansion because people dont bother to let others know it gets dark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom