News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Old Mouseketeer

In addition to "Chief Waves-A-Lot" on the train, there is also the "Cigar Store Indian" in front of the former Tobacconist's on Main St. USA next to the Magic Shop, unofficially known as "Chief Stands-A-Lot" and his cousin/brother in Frontierland in front of the pin shop, "Chief Leans-A-Lot" (because the wooden sidewalk tilts). I confess I got this from a Mark Twain Captain.

D

Deleted member 107043

That baseball field, among other things, obviously had to go.

I'm sure if the internet had existed back then there would have been a chorus of online detractors complaining about its closure wondering why Walt Disney would want to replace it with a land based on a real city featuring a ride full of mechanical pirates...

Rich T

I would love to see Disney today open a park with a baseball field built into it.
Oh! Oh! MUDVILLE!!! Featuring a live stunt/comedy staging of "Casey at the Bat!"
Mudville.jpg

A land dedicated to turn-of-the-century basebalI-- I would so dig this!!! :D Take the "Casey's Corner" concept from WDW and supersize it into a Medieval Times lunch/dinner show with all-you-can eat hot dogs, peanuts, Cracker Jack, soda and beer!

Last edited:

Rich T

They could build a whole sports themed park.
A park themed around Sports: Past, Present and Future!

Land 1 - MUDVILLE (like a wide version of Main St. with a central park and the Casey-at-the-bat stunt/comedy show in the Mudville Ballpark.
Land 2 - ESPN Square
Land 3 - Tron Gamegrid
Land 4 - Goofy's SportsWorld
Land 5 - Winterdome Snowfest (I'm sure Disney's got some kinda snow/ice-themed IP they could work in here... can't think of it's name offhand... :D
Land 6 - Offroad Adventures

rle4lunch

As the thread title suggests, stay on target. We've slipped into a wouldacouldashoulda nostalgic hindsight is 20/20 zone.

Any new updates on Star Wars Land, or should we talk about Field of Dreams? You know, if Walt builds it, they will come.

Rich T

As the thread title suggests, stay on target. We've slipped into a wouldacouldashoulda nostalgic hindsight is 20/20 zone.

Any new updates on Star Wars Land, or should we talk about Field of Dreams? You know, if Walt builds it, they will come.
I wanna see a "Field of Dreams" style film about Walt's ghost and movie studio polo teams! :D Um, okay, waiting for some more construction shots to be gobsmacked by. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom