Flights of Wonder at Disney's Animal Kingdom closing for refurbishment Jan 2016

Thumper 32

I was at AK about a week ago and Guano Joe was walking through the park with his tour group flag. It caught my attention so I followed him for a bit to see what exactly he was doing and ended up chatting with him for a while. He will be back when the show reopens and said he was actually enjoying being able to just freely wander the park and talk to people, especially meeting people who are fans.

I asked about the refurb and he insinuated that nothing was changing other than the roof but wouldn't say for sure.

Yes, we also saw Guano Joe wandering Asia a few weeks back and it was a highlight of our visit. Speaks to the immense value of streetmosphere and those little one on one interactions (looking at you, Hollywood Studios).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I hope they keep the blanket roof underneath the new permanent structure.. I kind of like it.

Definitely probably the most underrated show on any Disney property of all time... Especially for just being known as "that bird show."

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, April 1. Some of the external scaffolding has been removed, showing the new roof façade.

IMG_7609.JPG

Incomudro

I was at AK about a week ago and Guano Joe was walking through the park with his tour group flag. It caught my attention so I followed him for a bit to see what exactly he was doing and ended up chatting with him for a while. He will be back when the show reopens and said he was actually enjoying being able to just freely wander the park and talk to people, especially meeting people who are fans.

I asked about the refurb and he insinuated that nothing was changing other than the roof but wouldn't say for sure.

I wonder how many people know what guano means? ;)

Alijg

Just got back from DAK and Flights of Wonder was open. There was only two showings listed, I think it was 11:30am and 2:45pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom