Universal Studios Hollywood Announces an "Epic Transformation"

Mike S

Nope, I sure haven't. I was supposed to go for employee preview night with my sister last month, but she caught the flu bad (had to go to the hospital twice), so we had to skip it. I'm in no rush.

If Angelenos planning to go are smart, they'd take the Metro Rail, as I can imagine how horrid the 101 will be both today and tomorrow.
Even smarter, just go to Orlando ;)

Less crowds and Diagon Alley :p

Mike S

You're joking, right?
He might be thinking along the lines of "it's been in Florida for almost six years. Why is this huge?" Not that I agree with him. Not everyone can make it here so this is great for you guys. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when you ride it. It blew my frickin mind when I rode it opening day :D

Californian Elitist

The projections, wowee! :eek: stunning.

That was amazing. Definitely wasn't expecting the live orchestra...makes me wish I hadn't quit violin after three years of playing. Great use of tech and loved that they included the four houses.

He might be thinking along the lines of "it's been in Florida for almost six years. Why is this huge?" Not that I agree with him. Not everyone can make it here so this is great for you guys. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when you ride it. It blew my frickin mind when I rode it opening day :D

I get that, but it still doesn't make sense lol. Magic Kingdom came 16 years after Disneyland, but I'm sure people were still excited.

Definitely looking forward to experiencing it for myself. Thank God I took some front of the line passes with me before I quit working at the park!

Mike S

That was amazing. Definitely wasn't expecting the live orchestra...makes me wish I hadn't quit violin after three years of playing. Great use of tech and loved that they included the four houses.

I get that, but it still doesn't make sense lol. Magic Kingdom came 16 years after Disneyland, but I'm sure people were still excited.

Definitely looking forward to experiencing it for myself. Thank God I took some front of the line passes with me before I quit working at the park!
Did you ever learn the song they play at the end of Titanic? ;)

JT3000

I get that sentiment. Been here in Orlsndo now for six years, and also on Japan now for over a year. You'd figure by now all the Potterheads have seen it.

Then again, not everybody can afford the travel.

Based on what I heard from opening day, the Californians either DID travel to Florida or they just don't care all that much. Maybe it really isn't a big deal?

IAmFloridaBorn

Well I don't understand why it needs the Grand Celebration it does. Even here. But maybe it's just me. I feel as though rides and lands should open with less press.

IAmFloridaBorn

I get that sentiment. Been here in Orlsndo now for six years, and also on Japan now for over a year. You'd figure by now all the Potterheads have seen it.

Then again, not everybody can afford the travel.
Which is true. Now say Universal Opens or adds to their Wizarding World with something unique other than whats here in Orlando and that differs from Japan, then I could understand (Like Diagon), but to be excited over the same repeated thing is just baffling. When they replicated transformers here the opening was silly to me. Its not my call though. The additions to the parks are absolutely great for their respective areas of location.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom