Purple Magic Band is available!!!

JohnD

How did you get the cool passholder box. We went in December and just got the standard box

If I infer correctly, it sounds like you got MBs with a resort stay ("we went in December"). If not and you got MBs for APs, then they may have been using up inventory of the old boxes. I renewed in September but purposely waited to configure my MB until purple became available. That was two weeks ago.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Mine arrived today! And the band is MUCH more flexible and comfortable than my former bands. :happy:
View attachment 133974
I also received mine a few days ago and immediately noticed its flexibility. This is my ninth band ( I have all the colors and won one of the DisneyFood blog Orange Bird bands). I am wondering if they are changing the bands to save some costs or if they received some feedback on them being too stiff.

Has anyone gotten a band of one of the other colors recently and noticed a change in flexibility?

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I renewed in September but purposely waited to configure my MB until purple became available. That was two weeks ago.

On our trip last October, I actually upgraded my standard old AP to the new Platinum AP just so I could get all the pictures without paying for Memory Maker (saved a lot of dough - upgrade of $100 versus earlier Memory Maker of $150 ). I purposely kept waiting to order the Platinum Band hoping that Purple would come out before my AP expired Dec 2015 (we were not renewing since it will be a while before we can go back- 2017). I checked early January to see if I could still have it sent. Interestingly enough though my AP is expired they kept it open to send a new band. So when Purple came out the other day I immediately ordered my AP band:)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Hi All, Just letting everyone know that a purple magic band is now available via the My Disney Experience Application. That's right!!! The purple band can be gotten this way and does not need to be purchased at the Parks!!! Yay!!!! Marie

Of course whyinthehell was a Purple band not available from DAY ONE, It's only the most popular color among young women of all ages ever...

tribbleorlfl

I recieved mine.....But, did anyone else not get the Passholder 2016 Slider with theirs...I didn't get one..Not a loss but, it would have been nice to have..
My original order did have the PH sliders, the replacement purple did not.
I got my slider since I waited to get my MB until February but I never got an updated discount card. They checked it while I was in World of Disney and told me my card was expired. I guess I need to call a get a updated one.
When I renewed our AP's last month, the GS CM told me the d/c card had been retired. All you need for parking and discounts is the updated PH card.

montyz81

the bag tag should have Figment on it.. JMO.
BTW: do they ship the MBs immediately after the customization period ends? Our customized period ends on March 23, was hoping we would get them before Easter. Trying to get them into the kids Easter Baskets.

tribbleorlfl

the bag tag should have Figment on it.. JMO.
BTW: do they ship the MBs immediately after the customization period ends? Our customized period ends on March 23, was hoping we would get them before Easter. Trying to get them into the kids Easter Baskets.
Seems to take just over a week. I customized ours 2 weeks ago Saturday and got them Tuesday. Though we're AP holders, so resort guests might be on a different timetable.

tribbleorlfl

I also received mine a few days ago and immediately noticed its flexibility. This is my ninth band ( I have all the colors and won one of the DisneyFood blog Orange Bird bands). I am wondering if they are changing the bands to save some costs or if they received some feedback on them being too stiff.

Has anyone gotten a band of one of the other colors recently and noticed a change in flexibility?
Yes, the other colors are much more flexible than the older MB's.

Rob562

Of course whyinthehell was a Purple band not available from DAY ONE, It's only the most popular color among young women of all ages ever...

As has been posted many times when the question came up, they were having issues with color fading due to either extended sun exposure or chlorinated water (or a combo of the two). Since purple showed up in the earliest MB concept photos that Disney released, it was obvious they always intended to offer purple. They just had issues.

-Rob

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
How did you get that? I just got my bag tags and they are yellow stickers.

These are not for magical express. Magical express you just get the yellow stickers. These come seperately with your magic bands (at the bottom of the box) if you book a package with dining or tickets (not just room only and DVC does not get them either). This was not mine it's someone else's. I don't get them because I'm a DVC member. :)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
As has been posted many times when the question came up, they were having issues with color fading due to either extended sun exposure or chlorinated water (or a combo of the two). Since purple showed up in the earliest MB concept photos that Disney released, it was obvious they always intended to offer purple. They just had issues.

-Rob

Coming up with fade resistant plastics is not rocket science as usual Disney was just lazy and cheap

WhatJaneSays

Coming up with fade resistant plastics is not rocket science as usual Disney was just lazy and cheap
Fading was a minor issue, outside of the chemical reaction. The type of coloring they were using was not setting properly with the band material. The color was not consistent and in some cases "bleeding" out to stain things.

dstrawn9889

It is Disney's fault, they could have done their due-diligence better instead of selecting the least cost supplier
how do you know that their sourcing company was the cheapest (i know its the most likely reason) but when they came in deficient, Disney did not put them on the shelf anyway, did they? and the manufacturer had to go back and find a non-bleaching, color-fast and non reactive compound to make the poly purple... then that had to manufacture them to spec and ship. the other bands came out fine, just a hiccup on one color...

montyz81

how do you know that their sourcing company was the cheapest (i know its the most likely reason) but when they came in deficient, Disney did not put them on the shelf anyway, did they? and the manufacturer had to go back and find a non-bleaching, color-fast and non reactive compound to make the poly purple... then that had to manufacture them to spec and ship. the other bands came out fine, just a hiccup on one color...
Sorry, just being a bit cynical. "If I went blind yesterday, I would still believe that the sky was blue or would be blue at some point."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom