Flights of Wonder at Disney's Animal Kingdom closing for refurbishment Jan 2016

Lsumatt72

This was closed on our last trip. Was very disappointed. I remember my first time ever seeing the show and it was one of the trainer's last shows since she was taking a job elsewhere. The cast got real emotional and it carried over to the audience. Was an awesome experience.

Miss Heinous

This was closed on our last trip. Was very disappointed. I remember my first time ever seeing the show and it was one of the trainer's last shows since she was taking a job elsewhere. The cast got real emotional and it carried over to the audience. Was an awesome experience.
A lot of the people in Flights of Wonder have been working there since the park opened, so if someone leaves it is a big deal.

Texas84

Saw it last week and the tour leader looked familiar. It was one of the guys from the Epcot King Arthur show. Great to see him again.

DVCPluto

Will there be any other changes besides the roof? This is a favorite. Every time we see it, the show is different, even though the script stays the same.

During one show, a rat came on stage when it was not supposed to and had an encounter with one of the birds of prey. The way Guano Joe handled it was priceless.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Will there be any other changes besides the roof? This is a favorite. Every time we see it, the show is different, even though the script stays the same.

During one show, a rat came on stage when it was not supposed to and had an encounter with one of the birds of prey. The way Guano Joe handled it was priceless.
As far as I know just the roof.

Goofyque'

Isn't the current roof a permanent structure?

Basically blankets and string. ;)
100_1866.JPG

halltd

Ouch! I hope that vertical face eventually gets covered up with fabric so the theater retains its original look of a temporary caravan stage. If it ends up looking like the "new and improved" Theater in the Wild, I'll be sad.

brent2124

A lot of the people in Flights of Wonder have been working there since the park opened, so if someone leaves it is a big deal.

Guano Joe pretty much makes my vacation.

I was at AK about a week ago and Guano Joe was walking through the park with his tour group flag. It caught my attention so I followed him for a bit to see what exactly he was doing and ended up chatting with him for a while. He will be back when the show reopens and said he was actually enjoying being able to just freely wander the park and talk to people, especially meeting people who are fans.

I asked about the refurb and he insinuated that nothing was changing other than the roof but wouldn't say for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom