DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

gmajew

Premium Member
Disney is the only company I can think of that continues to see things this way. All others charge for expedited access to rides.

I used it last year at Universal and the extra money spent for the day to have no lines was worth it 110% Was able to hit every ride and a few multiple times!! Yes expensive but man it was so worth it for the one day as I only had one day to do both parks!

doctornick

I had a question and didn't know where to put it and this thread seemed generic enough... Do we have any idea what is going to go on with HISTK playground? It's small enough and out of the way enough that it could be kept -- they could build whatever is going into Phase 3 next to it. If they did that, a re-theme to Bug's Life would be easy enough.

Or are they tearing it down, as it is part of the stuff closing along with LMA.

Has anyone heard anything?

ToTBellHop

I had a question and didn't know where to put it and this thread seemed generic enough... Do we have any idea what is going to go on with HISTK playground? It's small enough and out of the way enough that it could be kept -- they could build whatever is going into Phase 3 next to it. If they did that, a re-theme to Bug's Life would be easy enough.

Or are they tearing it down, as it is part of the stuff closing along with LMA.

Has anyone heard anything?
I think everything back there is getting bulldozed. Except the potties. They always stay.

DisneyManOne

I think everything back there is getting bulldozed. Except the potties. They always stay.

And MuppetVision. Disney pretty much confirmed MuppetVision would be staying when they announced what would be closing on April 2. Plus, there are rumors that are going round that Pizza Planet will be turning into a Muppet-based restaurant, thus giving the Muppets a little sub-area. And who knows? Maybe this is the first step in Disney finally building the Muppet area that was slated to open, but didn't go through after Jim Henson passed away.

RonnieHare

Star Wars land announced in August 2015 - March 2016, nothing at all been done.

Tells you pretty much everything how in a rush they are to do this. Hardcore $$$ won't be spent till Iger leaves, he won't want massive spend on his watch - it will eat into his profits and bonuses. All this is just a charade and setting it up for the next CEO to spend the money.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Tells you pretty much everything how in a rush they are to do this. Hardcore $$$ won't be spent till Iger leaves, he won't want massive spend on his watch - it will eat into his profits and bonuses. All this is just a charade and setting it up for the next CEO to spend the money.

:rolleyes: Construction starts in April

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Avatar land announced in September 2011 - November 2013, nothing at all been done.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Tell me, do you simply copy and paste your b#ll#cks from one post to the next? Granted, it'll save you time....

DisneyManOne

We get it. You hate Iger. Give it a rest.

JUFL2019

Yeah nothing at all has been done. Well nothing except:
1. Removal of countless props from backstage storage to the archive
2. Relocation of MULTIPLE different departments involving the coordination of 100's of Cast Members
3. Relocation of firework launching location to accommodate construction.
4. Numerous Permits
5. Demolition of old attractions

I really wish there was a way to just permanently ban you and your nonsense.

captainmoch

Makes sense, considering this is pretty much the only part of SOA left so that name wouldn't make sense anymore. I guess this also confirms that Pizza Planet (and probably later Mama Melroses's) are getting a Muppets theme as well. I personally hope the area sticks and gets updated more thematically and aesthetically, as I honestly really like the name and idea of "Muppets Courtyard".

EDIT: I just checked the app. Where every other attraction/restaurant said the name of the land they're in (including the SOA stuff that's leaving soon such as LMA), Muppets and Melrose just said "Disney's Hollywood Studios." I guess a name change is definately in the process then.

HauntedMansionFLA

Makes sense, considering this is pretty much the only part of SOA left so that name wouldn't make sense anymore. I guess this also confirms that Pizza Planet (and probably later Mama Melroses's) are getting a Muppets theme as well. I personally hope the area sticks and gets updated more thematically and aesthetically, as I honestly really like the name and idea of "Muppets Courtyard".

EDIT: I just checked the app. Where every other attraction/restaurant said the name of the land they're in (including the SOA stuff that's leaving soon such as LMA), Muppets and Melrose just said "Disney's Hollywood Studios." I guess a name change is definately in the process then.
Well, it looks like SWL will be up where Indiana jones, Echo Lake and so on. I love Star Wars but it would be nice if Muppets get a Mini-land. Everything is there to do it. And the SOA and LMA will be site of the mysterious phase three. It would be nice to get two or three mini-lands in those areas to round out DHS in a good way,

doctornick

And the SOA and LMA will be site of the mysterious phase three. It would be nice to get two or three mini-lands in those areas to round out DHS in a good way,

Yeah, that area is so huge that I'd like to see a couple of mini-lands for "Phase 3". Seems to me that the obvious thing would be to have a couple of different Pixar properties represented. That said, insiders here seem to have suggested that it will only be one IP for Phase 3 (with Incredibles and Monsters Inc being the top contenders); I'm taking that to mean that only part of the SoA/LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area will be used and the rest will be kept as backstage and potential expansion pads for the future.

HauntedMansionFLA

Yeah, that area is so huge that I'd like to see a couple of mini-lands for "Phase 3". Seems to me that the obvious thing would be to have a couple of different Pixar properties represented. That said, insiders here seem to have suggested that it will only be one IP for Phase 3 (with Incredibles and Monsters Inc being the top contenders); I'm taking that to mean that only part of the SoA/LMA/Catastrophe Canyon area will be used and the rest will be kept as backstage and potential expansion pads for the future.
I would rather see several Pixar properties in that space instead of one or two. Incredibles and Monsters would be cool. I would love to see an area for the movie Up. One of the favorite Pixar movies. On the flip side, more Indiana Jones movies coming out. You could build a pretty cool mini land using that character. Who knows?:) but exciting times coming to WDW.

FigmentJedi

Having multiple Pixar IP back there would also keep that nice little Pixar Place lane from going to waste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom