New Hope for Indy Themed Land at the Studios?

RandySavage

I think if you tried to do an entire Indy land you would just end up with Adventureland.
I'd welcome a 2nd pulp adventure land (in DHS). DisneySea has its Indy-anchored Lost River Delta, next door to an original AL.

Thoughts on the possibility of the new movie using "Young-Jeff-Bridges-From-Tron" technique to set most of it in the classic Indy period (e.g. 1930s)? 76-year old Ford could be used to frame flashbacks to a younger, action double with a digitally painted-on Indy face. That seems like a win-win to me (avoiding re-casting, but re-capturing the more youthful fun of the character). The tech has improved since 2010. And Spielberg has motion capture experience with Tintin.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'd welcome a 2nd pulp adventure land (in DHS). DisneySea has its Indy-anchored Lost River Delta, next door to an original AL.

Thoughts on the possibility of the new movie using "Young-Jeff-Bridges-From-Tron" technique to set most of it in the classic Indy period (e.g. 1930s)? 76-year old Ford could be used to frame flashbacks to a younger, action double with a digitally painted-on Indy face. That seems like a win-win to me (avoiding re-casting, but re-capturing the more youthful fun of the character). The tech has improved since 2010. And Spielberg has motion capture experience with Tintin.
They could go meta with it and use the guy who's going to play young Han Solo in the Star Wars film.

olie64

Wrong place for it. Even at Disneyland, it doesn't really belong and would probably have gone to DCA if built 10 years later, since DCA is apparently themed to movies.

Yeah I was just wondering if there was room, Probably should not have posted that question in This thread through. It would work best in DHS. Or they could put in in Mexico ;) using the last movie as a reference.

SpectroPhoenix

I think an Indy water ride would be a great idea. HS is the only park currently lacking a water attraction (Frozen being Epcot's). It'd be unique to the Studios and definitely help with the Florida summer months.

Dartha Stewart

Yeah I was just wondering if there was room, Probably should not have posted that question in This thread through. It would work best in DHS. Or they could put in in Mexico ;) using the last movie as a reference.
If they really want to use the last movie as a reference, why not build the new land somewhere between the Star Wars space & the Toy Story expansion space. Then call Indy's area: "The Space Between Spaces".

skimbob

Harrison Ford will always be Indy to me no matter how old he is. They had to make a new Indy movie since they killed him off in the Star Wars saga :) . The Indiana Joes saga will die after the next movie I am sure. I would love to see a different Indy ride than the one we have at DL placed in one of the parks. MK makes the most sense to me.

celluloid

You could easily phrase this conversation into the announcement for the announcement that the Fourth Indy film would be made,

OR
You could even bring this back to the days when the Star Wars Prequels were announced and everyone thought for sure after Phantom Menace and Clone Wars were hits that it would bring a Star Wars Land, or at the very least, changes to Star Tours.

We all know how long and how much happened before those things actually occurred, and the land did not happen until after Disney owned Star Wars.

Disney does not own Indiana Jones. (yet anyway)

So just hope but be realistic.

We have the Stunt Show and Lindsey's Bar.

celluloid

I thought Disney did get the rights to Indy as well as Star Wars. If I had to pick between the two, Indy would win hands down.

I stand humbled and corrected. Paramount still owns the Distribution rights but Disney owns the Intellectual Property. Thanks for the reminder.

That does make things a little more likely.

doctornick

I stand humbled and corrected. Paramount still owns the Distribution rights but Disney owns the Intellectual Property. Thanks for the reminder.

That does make things a little more likely.

Disney made a deal with Paramount for any future distribution rights. Paramount still retains the rights to the previous films.

As Disney owns the intellectual property rights via ownership of Lucasfilm, they could d whatever they want in the theme parks with IJ.

doctornick

The film will have to be successful

That's disappointing to hear for two reasons....

1. No IJ at WDW (sorry, Jack Lindsey, you don't quite count) once the stunt show closes, at least for a while
2. Disney doesn't have enough faith in the property to just continue to use it regardless of the new movie. It's baffling, just like it took far too long to approve large scale plans for Star Wars. Indiana Jones is a valuable IP and deserves a park presence regardless of the fifth movie even being made.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That's disappointing to hear for two reasons....

2. Disney doesn't have enough faith in the property to just continue to use it regardless of the new movie..
That's the way Burbank plays now sadly. All about IP and synergy.

I'm still waiting for rides based on The Black Hole, Treasure Planet and Atlantis. They could all be corkers regardless of what the box office said.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That's the way Burbank plays now sadly. All about IP and synergy.

I'm still waiting for rides based on The Black Hole, Treasure Planet and Atlantis. They could all be corkers regardless of what the box office said.

The Black Hole and Atlantis could be AMAZING The Cygnus was an amazing ship, Atlantis a water themed land perhaps?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom