our first visit was ruined by this disgusting cleaning

JusticeDisney

And what does your name calling add to the conversation?
First off, I didn't call anyone any names. I said someone was acting dumb and exhibiting stupidity. Big difference there.

Secondly, I discussed the topic of this thread substantively. So I most certainly have contributed to this discussion.

Any other questions?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Funny how I made a brand new thread showing the news story so everyone could see it (not even seeing this thread) then a moderator deleted it and merged it into this one. Now they won't find it unless they know what they are looking for.

Why is it funny?

OliveMcFly

WOW. I've never seen anything like that. Some people just lack basic knowledge and skills. I hope they weren't trained that way.

anabelvrgs

Original Poster
Ok, this video is a feature teaser on the news tonight so I am curious who gave it to them and why the OP posted it here just now. I googled for the video because I didnt want to wait for the news segment which is how I stumbled across this.

But that is 3rd shift. No idea why the person filming is even in the closed restaurant when those workers were in there.

There wouldnt be any restaurant manager to speak to because the restaurant was closed. The costume the cast member is wearing tells you what department they are in.

And no idea why they would be 'cleaning' the tables when they are cleaned throughly at closing time by the restaurant cast. Very odd all around.

Well to end the fish! Yes I just joined to share this video, I came on this site many times while planning my vacation yet I never join I had a reason to post . I haven't been back because my phone broke. This video was taken at about 11:45pm the restaurant closes at midnight. I spoke to the restaurant manager the next morning and her response was "the chemical that she's using on the table is very strong "she didn't seem shocked that she was using it on floor , after I spoke to her talked to the resort manager.

anabelvrgs

Original Poster
View attachment 133291 Well, new member, maybe Katiebug 101's cousin's husband worked in the health and safety field for over 18 years according to his letter but admittedly sat there and watched for several minutes before he even started recording. If he was so concerned why didn't he say hey, "whatcha doin there. That's not cool." I would've. And now he is 'strongly considering reporting' the events. Really? So why is the alleged wife posting stuff here.....they've already called the news, etc. and knew the story was going to air, he video conferenced with them for an interview. Here, fishy, fishy, fishy. Take your 15 seconds and go. We have enough Disney depression as it is.

Because one I don't need 15 seconds and two I think people have a right to know, I spent months planing this trip as Im sure anyone going to Disney world does and its not right. We Didn't confront the employee because Im a customer service manager so I find it better whenever there's a employee problem to speak to the manager.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
What she is using isnt a mop, its a doodlebug. I am not kidding or trying to make a cute joke. That is what it is called. Google "doodlebug ed don" and click on the first link.

Second, if you dont have a doodlebug at home, I would highly recommend one. They are awesome!

Third, it looks to me more like she is sanatizing, not cleaning. Which, is something we would do with a doodlebug.

Fourth, yeah, she shouldnt have gone from floor to table, but hygenically it looks far worse than it really is. Still a procedure I wouldnt let a guest be privy to.

Fifth, when the food court closes, they lock the doors. This FOH style "industrial" cleaning should take place at that time. This looks like an overaggressive FOH pre-closer to me. I also find it interesting that a manager does appear to approach the employee just as the video cuts off.

Meh, this is nothing. I have seen far far worse at Disney (I am lookig at YOU POFQ Food Court!), and frankly, MUCH worse in local restaurant kitchens.

-edit

For context, I have 15 years of corporate restaurant experience, opening and operating over 40 stores for a top 50 national restaurant chain. I also carried (at that time) ServSafe certifications, and have interacted with heath departments in a dozen or so states for initial and recurring certifications and inspections.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom