Big Hero 6 coming to Disney XD

champdisney

Awesome! This is a very smart thing to do, I'm excited! I wonder if Disney is gonna sneakily place the series within the Marvel Superhero block. ;)

tribbleorlfl

Disney actually caring about a recent movie of theirs that isn't "Tangled" or "Frozen"?

Seriously, though, this is good. Maybe it's a sign that a sequel isn't far behind.
Personally, I take this to mean that chances of a sequel are dead and that we're getting the tv series instead.

champdisney

Personally, I take this to mean that chances of a sequel are dead and that we're getting the tv series instead.
Not really. If anything the sequel will come in the form of direct to home video such as The Little Mermaid or Aladdin (both of them also had television series' and managed to release non theatrical sequels).

Sped2424

Not really. If anything the sequel will come in the form of direct to home video such as The Little Mermaid or Aladdin (both of them also had television series' and managed to release non theatrical sequels).
Nope. Direct to home sequels beyond the Tinker bell/ planes sagas are a thing of the past and even then those aren't direct sequels but spin offs. Lasseter killed those off in 2008 with the last little mermaid sequel/cheapquel.

21stamps

Disney XD is confusing. I don't understand the target age..so I just have my son watch the shows on demand. That way I know that he's not watching the teenage stuff after a Star Wars episode.
Problem is, For some reason SW rebels is not ondemand. So, I think he's seen one episode. Hopefully Big Hero 6 will be OD, or I'll actually remember to schedule the recording at the beginning of the series.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Disney XD is confusing. I don't understand the target age..so I just have my son watch the shows on demand. That way I know that he's not watching the teenage stuff after a Star Wars episode.
Problem is, For some reason SW rebels is not ondemand. So, I think he's seen one episode. Hopefully Big Hero 6 will be OD, or I'll actually remember to schedule the recording at the beginning of the series.
The official age group for XD is 6 -14. Disney Channel is 8-16 and Disney Jr is under 8. My kids (5 & 7) only can watch Disney Junior freely everything else is on demand on case by case basis.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Also, just wondering, are there any specific shows you don't let your kids watch. Maybe that can lead us to the 16 year olds :p
Basically all the live action Disney Channel shows annoy me. They also haven't shown much interest. I know they have watched some with their older cousins (10 &12) so I'm not super strict about it. My 7 year old has seen, Camp Rock 1 & 2, Teen Beach Movie and Descendants because she like musicals.

Flippin'Flounder

Basically all the live action Disney Channel shows annoy me. They also haven't shown much interest. I know they have watched some with their older cousins (10 &12) so I'm not super strict about it. My 7 year old has seen, Camp Rock 1 & 2, Teen Beach Movie and Descendants because she like musicals.
Oh ok, thanks for the input.

DAR1974

I wouldn't be surprised if adults watch Disney XD a little more than the channels.

Anyway back to BH6, wasn't really a fan of the movie. Not terrible just kind of a shrug. I'll give it another chance

brb1006

I wouldn't be surprised if adults watch Disney XD a little more than the channels.

Anyway back to BH6, wasn't really a fan of the movie. Not terrible just kind of a shrug. I'll give it another chance
This and the upcoming Duck tales will finally make me watch that channel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom