7. Buzz Lightyear
8. Small World
9. Peter Pan
10. Teacups

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
In MY opinion:

1) HM - Tie. DL has lowering stretch rooms, and a few other minor differences. Disneyland wins when it comes to the holiday overlay though.

2) Splash - WDW

3) Pirates - Disneyland

4) TSMM - Tie

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
1. Tie because WDW has the stair room, but DL has the Hatbox Ghost
2. WDW because the music sounds better and the seating is side by side
3. Can't remember pirates at DL...
4. Tie because it's practically the same ride besides the decor

Tinkerfan4ever

1. Haunted Mansion - Tie
2. Splash Mountain - WDW
3. Pirates - 100% DL
4. Toy Story Mania - I am going to give this one to DL as well. We walked on this ride with little to no wait - so that in my mind gives DL the edge.

Kate F

1. Haunted Mansion-WDW
2. Splash Mountain-WDW
3. Pirates-DL
4. TSMM-I've only been on the DL version, but it takes the win simply for not having 3 hour waits all the time.
5. Tower of Terror-WDW by far
6. Thunder Mountain-Tie
7. Buzz-Tie
8. Small World-I've only ridden WDW, but DL wins for the facade.
9. Peter Pan-WDW
10. Teacups- Tie

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

1. WDW-longer ride at WDW, extra rooms at WDW
2. WDW-boats are more comfortable and travel more slowly so you get to enjoy the scenes more (DL's you barely get time to see each scene), scenes are better-designed with more detail
3. DL-longer ride, more scenes, makes WDW's version look life the Cliff Notes version
4. WDW has the more-interesting queue, but DL's version has much shorter wait times. The ride experience is the same at both parks.

Edward M

1. Haunted Mansion - better at WDW IMO. I was quite underwhelmed by DL's. Felt like about a third of the ride was missing.
2. Splash Mountain - much, much better at WDW. DL's felt so rushed that I didn't enjoy it as much. I also felt the music at WDW's was better.
3. Pirates - much better at DL. It just has so many more scenes with a much longer ride. DW's feels woefully short after riding DL's. My favorite section is the beginning with the bayou and caves which is missing almost entirely in DW.
4. Toy Story Mania - I prefer it at DL just because of how much shorter the waits are. I also actually prefer the Paradise Pier setting to Andy's bedroom.
5. Tower of Terror - definitely DW. DCA's was so unbelievably underwhelming. Everything just feels cheaper and worse there.
6. Big Thunder Mountain - Tie. DL has superior effects and rock work, but DW has a more immersive atmosphere by the water and a better night ride.
7. Buzz Lightyear - DW. I found DL's weirdly confusing to shoot on.
8. Small World - DL. Just so much better in nearly every aspect from the beautiful exterior to the impressive interior.
9. Peter Pan - DL. Foggy memory on this one, but it just has the advantage of being a 1955 original.
10. Teacups - DL simply on presentation although DW's has more nostalgia for me.

Last edited:

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
1. Haunted Mansion - Disneyland, mainly due to the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay between Halloween and Xmas.
2. Splash Mountain - WDW, I like the queue more and I believe its longer but not sure.
3. Pirates - Disneyland, The beginning is cool driving through a Louisana Bayou. It also has bigger drops.
4. Toy Story Mania - TIE - In Disneyland, the ride is the same but there was never a long line when I was there. WDW has a better queue

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
1. HM- I give the edge to WDW. It's bigger longer, more Paul Frees, rooms are the same for the most part (endless staircases), except you walk through the main hall with the busts in DL. Also I like the look of the mansion better, its more mansion-ie.
2. Splash Mountain- WDW. the experience is just overall better. you can actually see the scenes in WDW, The music is more "rustic" as opposed to a orchestra. And seating is better, I don't like spooning strangers.
3.Pirates- Hands down DL. WDW has a cool and AC queue line but took out scenes and kinda rushed the ride. But DL is far superior.
4. Tie? They are identical.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
how about adding to the list?!?
5. Space Mountain
6. Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin/ Astro Blasters
7. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
8. It's a Small World
9. Tower of Terror

I like lists!

danyoung56

1. Haunted Mansion - WDW's by far. New queue, new scenes, new and cool hitchhiking ghosts at the end.
2. Splash Mountain - I know many people express a preference, but for me the experience is pretty similar between the two.
3. Pirates - Far superior in DL. Much longer, including 2 significant drops, much better sequence of story.
4. Toy Story Mania - The attractions are exactly the same, but the queue is much much better in WDW.

JoMarch

1. Haunted Mansion - Disneyland edges out WDW because they have restored the Hotbox Ghost in the attic scene. I also LOVE the holiday version too.
2. Splash Mountain - I kinda preferred DL. There are some different vignettes - I love Mama Rabbit singing gospel to her babies!
3. Pirates - 1000% Disneyland. WDW queue is better though.
4. Toy Story Mania - WDW - much better queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom