Things we (really) care about

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
A conversation that should not be taking place in a trip report thread (sorry about that, @WondersOfLife!) deserves its own thread, so here it is.

What are some of the traditions/attractions/little things, etc. you care about at Disneyland? Two were already mentioned in that thread:

-making sure The Enchanted Tiki Room stays the way it is
-eating pancakes at River Belle (an option that unfortunately no longer exists)

I care about many things concerning Disneyland. One of them includes getting Tomorrowland back to its original roots and concept. I can't stand it the way it is now, and the Star Wars overlay just makes everything worse.

Feel free to comment.

Animaniac93-98

I care most about the things I can't do at the other parks. I'd hate to loose the submarines or Mr. Toad in particular.

I also really want to ride the Matterhorn in April as I have never visited DLR when its been open.

Rich T

I mostly care about Disneyland NOT losing its soul and becoming Six Flags with Disney Characters. There's so much about DL that gives it heart: the little details, the unplanned, casual character encounters that come out of nowhere, 60 years of history...the weird, wonderful layout of the place and the organic manner it ended up that way. Things that exist not because they generate a lot of income or press...but simply because they're wonderful. The live music. The veteran cast members. The horses on Main Street (you just KNOW someone in a cubicle is trying to find a way to get rid of them without causing a scene). On and on...so much to love!

Most of all, I want Fantasyland and all of its dark rides--and Storybook Land--to be left alone aside from tech upgrades. It's the heart and soul of Disneyland that really connects all generations of fans together. And for Heaven's sake, keep Mr. Toad; it's the weird eccentric uncle of the park, and a fantastic heap of dark weirdness that gives Fantasyland a needed bit of "What the--" :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
All good things mentioned so far....I would say I care about Disneyland and the special touches it has. All the small tributes and careful detail that it put into everything. A second runner up but it kind of goes with the my first thought is, I care about the plant life of Disneyland. I can't garden worth anything, but after taking the Cultivating the Magic tour I have learned how important the landscaping is to the story of Disneyland. Okay, so maybe it boils down to is I care about the story Disneyland has to tell.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I mostly care about Disneyland NOT losing its soul and becoming Six Flags with Disney Characters.

I feel like a theme park can only become an amusement park like six flags if it loses a.. Well.. "Theme." Such as just random roller coasters in fantasyland instead of the land being themed to fantasy.

I think Disneyland just losing its soul would become Universal Studios. Not Six Flags.. Because there would still be a theme... But there wouldn't be the "magic"

Burgower1994

making sure they never close The Great Moments with Mr.Lincoln this is one of my favorite things to do in Disneyland. It such a classic attraction and it perfect in the Opera House. I alway feared when Toontown ever closes they would move the Mickey meet & greet in the Opera house

westie

Someone should go to jail for what they did to the submarine ride. Also, eyesores like the people mover/rocket rods should never be allowed to stay that way for what seems like forever.

George Lucas on a Bench

Someone should go to jail for what they did to the submarine ride. Also, eyesores like the people mover/rocket rods should never be allowed to stay that way for what seems like forever.

I sort of agree about the Submarines, but I think it was a case where it was a miracle they even came back and there had to be an IP attached and corners cut (making most of it screens).

D

Deleted member 107043

As you may have noticed I'm primarily interested in Disneyland's future rather than its past. So, with that said, I care about what Disneyland looks like 10, 15, or 20 years from now, and I hope that management upholds the tradition of using innovation, technology, and showmanship across the entire resort in ways that will be relevant to audiences for generations to come.

Curious Constance

"Of course this makes good business sense, but Universal has a better reason for doing this: they are just much nicer than Disney. They are a company that doesn’t care about money, unlike the greedy and power-hungry Disney, who charges $4 more for a one-day park pass than Universal. Now Disney, as usual, will have to scramble to keep up with Universal, a park whose innovation and charm and beauty and customer service have been better than Disney since Our Beloved Walt passed on from this earthly plane. Universal should be congratulated for essentially letting guests into their parks for free, while Disney continues to gouge their customers because they legitimately hate guests."

*giggle*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom