Universal Studios Hollywood Announces an "Epic Transformation"

IAmFloridaBorn

California's universal looks so cool. Closest i will ever get is the photos people post. I will never go to California (Serious fear of earthquakes) but good to see and hear that Universal doing well.

GiveMeTheMusic

Good to know, earlier then I expected honestly.

Soft openings should begin shortly after Christmas. They've already installed the return time kiosks in Universal Plaza and the land is almost entirely complete. As of a few weeks ago they were planning on soft openings over Christmas week, but I've been told that's been pushed back.

Mike S

I'm curious as to why they show ads for WWoHP Hollywood on TV in Florida (I've seen it once already) when it's been here for about 5 years already, plus we have Diagon Alley. No one in Florida is going to Hollywood to see this so what is Universal's reasoning for advertising it here? Seems really odd to me. Same thing when they opened Minion Mayhem.

Californian Elitist

I'm curious as to why they show ads for WWoHP Hollywood on TV in Florida (I've seen it once already) when it's been here for about 5 years already, plus we have Diagon Alley. No one in Florida is going to Hollywood to see this so what is Universal's reasoning for advertising it here? Seems really odd to me. Same thing when they opened Minion Mayhem.

Although the commercial is very specific, it is still promoting USH as a whole.

I can bet Magic Kingdom was advertised in California, even though Disneyland had already been open nearly 20 years.

lazyboy97o

It may just be that the ad time was purchased nationally.

danpam1024

I'm going to California!!! and I can't wait to see how things are familiar but different.

Mike S

EW has published many photos of Hollywood's WWoHP, and highlights a few of the differences between this version and the others:

http://www.ew.com/gallery/Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-exclusive-ph

Rumors are the land will soft open this weekend. Employee previews will be held early next month.
image.png

GiveMeTheMusic

Soft openings just started and guests are being let into Hogsmeade for the first time. A not-quite-large group of guests have been waiting all day for the soft open to begin - Universal moved them to a shaded area, brought out benches and passed out candy. Very classy!

Check the #PotterWatch hashtag on Twitter to see pics.

JT3000

Is it just me or is the Flying Hippogriff hidden a little better with trees and stuff in Orlando? Also, while Disney removes benches (in WDW at least), Universal busts em' out just for guests waiting in line. I'm shocked.

It does look like there's a lack of greenery in that area, even though ours has a large head start in that regard. Maybe it'll grow in? I'm more concerned with what appears to be a visible office building as a backdrop to the land...

I don't like that car being right in front of Hogwarts either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom