More closures confirmed for Disney's Hollywood Studios

matt9112

While I agree they're retheming, I believe Mako was built by a third party roller coaster builder, and they just received the pieces. All I'm getting at is maybe that'll occur with TSL, but most of TSL will probably be In-house built. I give Seaworld credit for surviving Blackfish, and for rejigging their business plan, but the retheming doesn't Paul in comparison to what's going to happen to HS, IMHO.

you know Disney has used third party stuff before right...

MonorailLover

you know Disney has used third party stuff before right...
Em all coasters are built by third parties like Vekoma which Disney uses a lot....
Yes, I never said Disney doesn't use 3rd party stuff. For example, RNRC is Vekoma built....... All I'm saying is something like just Mako is a lot easier for Seaworld to build than a whole 14 acre land.....

@matt9112
I would recommend trying out the multi quote button, so you don't have to make 6 posts replying to different people, it would just condense it into one...

Jon81uk

Forgive me if this is obviously placed somewhere I just haven't seen, but is there a map of all the things closed in DHS now?

I've skipped DHS entirely on my last two WDW visits so it's been years and I can't quite remember how all this closed stuff fits together.

Has anyone done a map of the current state of DHS?
Backlot tour is closed.
Animation tour has changed to launch bay.
American Idol changed to Frozen show.
Pizza Planet has closed and is expected to open as a Muppet pizza place in September.
Lights Motors Action and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area closes in April. Plus the rest of Streets of America closes in April.

Other than that everything is open.

matt9112

Backlot tour is closed.
Pizza Planet has closed and is expected to open as a Muppet pizza place in September.
Lights Motors Action and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area closes in April. Plus the rest of Streets of America closes in April.

Forgot sounds dangerous. Are we nto allowed to include things that have closed before but not "due" to new plans? The Soundstage areas come to mind..

Jon81uk

Forgot sounds dangerous. Are we nto allowed to include things that have closed before but not "due" to new plans? The Soundstage areas come to mind..

Sounds Dangerous closed at least five years ago, plus that theatre is being used for a Star Wars film.

Most of the sound stages are full of Toy Story Mania. The one that most recently had the Pirates test thing, currently has a Mickey meet & great, but that soundstage has always been temporary exhibits really.

But pretty much, other than the backlot tour space and the premiere theatre, every space that has ever held some kind of attraction, is currently being used.
Once LMA and SoA closes, that is when we really start to see space being taken out of the park

Last edited:

TP2000

Backlot tour is closed.

Thank you. I grabbed a DHS guidemap from my hotel on my last WDW visit, but I didn't go to DHS during that visit. The guidemap made it seem like the whole park was open and fabulous, and yet I read here all of the closures and removals.

At Disneyland when stuff closes for long-term rehabs, they note it in the guidemaps and even shade out entire areas of the park on the map that are closed for refurbishment.
dca-map-2015.jpg

I was just wondering if there was a similar map of the DHS closures and off-limits areas. But your list is helpful and I appreciate it!

Jon81uk

Thank you. I grabbed a DHS guidemap from my hotel on my last WDW visit, but I didn't go to DHS during that visit. The guidemap made it seem like the whole park was open and fabulous, and yet I read here all of the closures and removals.

At Disneyland when stuff closes for long-term rehabs, they note it in the guidemaps and even shade out entire areas of the park on the map that are closed for refurbishment.
dca-map-2015.jpg

I was just wondering if there was a similar map of the DHS closures and off-limits areas. But your list is helpful and I appreciate it!

Currently nothing is closed for a longtime refurb. All closures are permanent. We might see something marked on the map come April when Lights Motors Action closes, but it many just be a very generic Star Wars / Toy Story coming soon.

I am going to miss lights motors action stunt show it was a good stunt show and I am said that it is closing in April of this year I thought that Indy would be closing before Lights motors stunt show Indy has been there for a long time and needs to go sorry to say that alot of people are not going to that show anymore when I was there in 2013 there was no wait for the Indy stunt show but lights motors action stunt show had alot of people going to see it. I have a question for you Martin with Lights Motors action closing on April 2nd does that mean that you will have a HD Tribute video to this show before April before the show closes for good? I am happy that a star wars land is getting built at the Studios park and a Toy Story land is getting bult it will be a new family fun place for families with little kids. I have also herd somewhere on the Internet this week that the Star wars fireworks show will be getting fires that shoot up on the roof the great movie ride and projections will be added to the buildings like the Disneyland Forever show at the Disneyland resort does anyone know if this is going to happen this year or anytime soon? I have enjoyed the movie Star Wars the Force Awakens I saw it last on the 1st day of 2016 but they did not have any adds or anything to say about Star Wars land at Disney's Hollywood Studios I have also herd on the Intent that Star wars land is going to open in 2018 and Toy Story land is going to open next year is that true or are we looking sometime around 2020 when Disney world 50th anniversary happens we still have 3 more star wars movies to go yet the Star wars movie this year is not a movie after the force awakens last year episode 8 is coming out in may of next year and 2 more episodes are coming after next year so do you think that Star wars land will open before the last episode comes out and with a new Toy story movie coming out in 2018 do you think that Toy story land will be finished before the movie comes out in 2018? Star wars episode 8 comes out on the 26th of May of next year so maybe Star wars land will open in 2018 or 2019 is that possible to happen?
When indy show dies he'll come back in a bigger and better way possibly with a miniland. Probably not...most likely he will only have a standalone attraction. Disney world's version of the Indiana Jones adventure...newer and perhaps nothing we've ever seen from Tokyo disney sea and Paris, Disney land CA version! Echo lake I know would attract more visitors...SWL...TSL/Possibly cars to make it Pixar place again..not to mention a cars sequel is on the way, they should add incredibles yes and monsters Inc but it might be too much idk. Lucas Land is on the back burner for me if star wars land doesn't work. If indy is gone forever if he leaves DHS come to think of it he does have jock hangar's over at Disney Springs.

BTW honey I shrunk the audience maze I will miss dearly...childhood memories of mine that will go on for years and years. I remember those days! To me disney world in the 90's were very special days for me...I know I'm not the only one to think so. Nickelodeon studios was the bomb! OK that's universal off topic but it will be missed. 3 times I visited Walt Disney world in the 90's and it was epic! Keep the muppets! I still hope they have the cannonball scene! And the two judges! Just hilarious! Always liked the muppets.

doctornick

When indy show dies he'll come back in a bigger and better way possibly with a miniland. Probably not...most likely he will only have a standalone attraction. Disney world's version of the Indiana Jones adventure...newer and perhaps nothing we've ever seen from Tokyo disney sea and Paris, Disney land CA version! Echo lake I know would attract more visitors...SWL...TSL/Possibly cars to make it Pixar place again..not to mention a cars sequel is on the way, they should add incredibles yes and monsters Inc but it might be too much idk. Lucas Land is on the back burner for me if star wars land doesn't work. If indy is gone forever if he leaves DHS come to think of it he does have jock hangar's over at Disney Springs.

Some insiders (@marni1971 for example) have hinted that they are at least considering bringing a new Indiana Jones attraction to WDW if/when the stunt show ends. It's not clear whether such an attraction is approved or definitely planned at this point, nor where it would go (while putting it somewhere in DHS might make sense, it could also potentially fit in Adventureland or even theoretically in DAK). My money is that they'd put any new IJ attraction in DHS, though, and I'd like to see it as an anchor to some sort of "action/adventure" themed land with stuff like Big Hero 6, The Incredibles, Wreck It Ralph, GotG, etc.

BTW honey I shrunk the audience maze I will miss dearly...childhood memories of mine that will go on for years and years. I remember those days!

I'm very curious as to the final plans for the HISTK play area. Even if the theme IP is kinda forgotten, it's a very good playset and a large area. It's certainly been theorized in the past that it could be easily changed to a It's a Bug's Life theme; they could even IMHO demo half of the playset and add some flat rides (like Flik's Fliers, etc.) and make a good mini-land for Bug's Life.

That said, I'm expecting it to go away entirely, which would be yet another loss for any smaller children at DHS. Hopefully, they will add some quality family attractions to make up for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom