DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Steel City Magic

I finally will get to return to wdw for the first time in 12 yrs. Will I still be able to catch 50s PTC or the sci fi drive in restaurant, or will all this be closed already? Ps this will be the girlfriends first visit.

Chef Kronk

I finally will get to return to wdw for the first time in 12 yrs. Will I still be able to catch 50s PTC or the sci fi drive in restaurant, or will all this be closed already? Ps this will be the girlfriends first visit.

When will you be visiting? Sci-Fi might not even close at all, but 50's Prime Time Cafe may close depending on when you visit.

TeriofTerror

Both should still be open - but if you're trying to impress your girlfriend or show her the best of WDW, Brown Derby is better than the two of them combined. ;)

doctornick

When will you be visiting? Sci-Fi might not even close at all, but 50's Prime Time Cafe may close depending on when you visit.

Why is Prime Time closing? Is that area going to be used for Star Wars? The map that @marni1971 had posted seemed to indicate that Phase 2 (Star Wars) would spare Echo Lake (the actual water) and the restaurants next to it.

Steel City Magic

Still pretty fluid, but looking like potentially the 18th and 19th. Is it worth going up spur of the moment now with magic bands and everyone micromanaging 6 mos ahead of time? Can I still find a place to eat without a res, or a ride without a fast pass? (Slight exaggeration with the fastpass, I know there's a limit of 3, but I've heard of ungodly 2+ hr wait times for everything since MM+ started) and my apologies for going off on a tangent on a dhs thread. I just want to make it back before the majority closes, but keep hearing dhs parking lot closed due to capacity everyday it seems

Matt_Black

Still pretty fluid, but looking like potentially the 18th and 19th. Is it worth going up spur of the moment now with magic bands and everyone micromanaging 6 mos ahead of time? Can I still find a place to eat without a res, or a ride without a fast pass? (Slight exaggeration with the fastpass, I know there's a limit of 3, but I've heard of ungodly 2+ hr wait times for everything since MM+ started)

My family has managed to get reservations the day before at 50s, so yeah, I say give it a shot.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And so it begins....

450 Cypress Dr - DHS Back of House Package TF1.08

This address is for Cat Canyon and the expiration is 10/31/2018.

I was just reading a little more about Hubbard Construction. They have done a lot of site preparation and road work for Disney. Recently they did the initial site prep for the Fantasyland Expansion. They also did site work and foundations for the monorail, but I will let someone else start the rumor that a monorail expansion is going to connect to DHS. ;)

Well speaking of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular not to get off topic because I'm not...but anyway Screamscape which I'm sure you guys do not read,I dunno why I keep getting info from them...their's no other good accurate sources out their related to theme park news but you guys and Screamscape-I think unless it's all totally unaccurate. I thought the show has bookings until 2018, so does that mean the show is guaranteed safe for the next 2 years?
On your website it has the indy stunt show outlined under a attraction named New Attraction 1...with I'm assuming the other 2 attractions would be Star Wars related.
Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25063.jpg

sorry for doubleposting, please don't give me a warning but I'm confused...in this image where supposedly this is how star wars land is going to be set up...it has the Cantina and Falcon listed in this pic but on the left hand side of SWL it has Indy(New Attraction). Are they talking about a new star wars attraction or a new indiana jones attraction? quite confusing.
Disneys-Hollywood-Studios_Full_25063.jpg

ToTBellHop

sorry for doubleposting, please don't give me a warning but I'm confused...in this image where supposedly this is how star wars land is going to be set up...it has the Cantina and Falcon listed in this pic but on the left hand side of SWL it has Indy(New Attraction). Are they talking about a new star wars attraction or a new indiana jones attraction? quite confusing.
View attachment 126004
New Star Wars attraction replacing Indy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There were two more permits from Hubbard Construction today:

DHS Back of House Package D1.01 - 511, 521, 541, 561 Cypress Dr
DHS Back of House Package D1.02 - 561, 595, 601, 611, 641, 643, 645, 649 Cypress Dr

I don't have any record of these addresses but I know Cat Canyon is 450 and Fantasmic is 951 so these is clearly Toy Story Land prep work.

New Star Wars attraction replacing Indy.
How do you know that for certain? It doesn't even say new Star Wars attraction it just says Indy(New Attraction). Did you not read my previous message that the show will stay until 2018.and by the way Han solo's character is dead so he has time to work on his other famous iconic roles like Indiana Jones-who is not being replaced by Spielberg and blade runner 2. His character is most likely over in Star Wars. All I'm saying with a new Indiana jones film on the way....it would be dumb to tear down the IJESS now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How do you know that for certain? It doesn't even say new Star Wars attraction it just says Indy(New Attraction). Did you not read my previous message that the show will stay until 2018.and by the way Han solo's character is dead so he has time to work on his other famous iconic roles like Indiana Jones-who is not being replaced by Spielberg and blade runner 2. His character is most likely over in Star Wars. All I'm saying with a new Indiana jones film on the way....it would be dumb to tear down the IJESS now.

There have been rumors, don't know if they are true, that things are booked there until 2018. Even if true, it doesn't mean Disney couldn't move these events elsewhere. Also remember that the labels on these images are not from Disney. They come from a good source, but that doesn't mean they are 100% correct, or that the information hasn't changed.

Mikejakester

Well speaking of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular not to get off topic because I'm not...but anyway Screamscape which I'm sure you guys do not read,I dunno why I keep getting info from them...their's no other good accurate sources out their related to theme park news but you guys and Screamscape-I think unless it's all totally unaccurate. I thought the show has bookings until 2018, so does that mean the show is guaranteed safe for the next 2 years?
On your website it has the indy stunt show outlined under a attraction named New Attraction 1...with I'm assuming the other 2 attractions would be Star Wars related.
View attachment 126002
You probably don't want to use that as reference. If you look at these attachements posted earlier on this thread it looks like there is a big possibility that DHS will be getting a big expansion to the south/southeast. If that's the case there is enough space there to get the 14 acres of SWL with out even touching Indy. But I am not even sure they have set this in stone yet as Marni and some of the other guys have mentioned already. Unless I have missed something.

Attachments

• Hollywood-Studios-Update-1-800x400.jpg
    Hollywood-Studios-Update-1-800x400.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 303
  • Hollywood-Studios-Update-550x353.jpg
    Hollywood-Studios-Update-550x353.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 305

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom