DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

captainmoch

Monstropolis has a lot of potential:
1) New door coaster e-ticket.
2) Ride and Go Seek gets cloned from TDL.
3) Relocated/redone Laugh Floor.
4) Monstropolis city area. Mike and Sulley's house could have their meet and greet, the market from the beginning of the first movie could be there, there can be streetmosphere from other monsters in the environment, Mike's car (from the short "Mike's New Car") could be out for a photo op.
5) Monsters University campus area. The Laugh Floor could maybe be moved here, and the story can be changed to rookie monsters practicing their comedy skills there.
6) Monsters Inc. factory could house the show-buildings for both the door coaster and the dark ride, and is located by the Monstropolis city area. The lines can both start in the main lobby and branch off in different directions.
7) Harryhausens table service restaurant.
8) Monsters University cafeteria quick service restaurant.
IMO, we should get a mini Cars Land and a more fleshed out Monstropolis for Phase 3. Toy Story, Cars, and Monsters are the most famous Pixar IPs it seems, so Pixar Place consisting of those three would make sense. And when I say mini-Cars Land, I mean a Cars Land with (maybe slightly different) RSR, Luigi's Rollickin Roadsters, Flo's, Ramone's, and the Cozy Cones. So basically, the half of Cars Land by RSR, and not the rest by Mater's and such.

Travel Junkie

I know people keep talking about the door coaster and it sounds cool, but Monster's Hide & Go Seek in Tokyo is a fabulous ride and exactly what DHS needs. A family friendly interactive dark ride. It is one of my favorites at TDR.

Chris82

I love Monsters Inc, so of course I'd like to see Monstropolis.

Cars Land would be pretty cool, too.

The Incredibles? Sure. The one problem is that I can't really think of much attraction material from that film, other than an awesome dark ride/roller coaster hybrid.

Yeah, I think that's a fair point about the Incredibles - there's no immediately obvious theme park ride in it. It sort of wants a "Zero Point Energy" Spider-man clone, doesn't it? A Frozone-supplied ice coaster? Those monorail things on Syndrome's island could be a fun ride ride vehicle. Edna's workshop could function as a store or a build-a-superhero-costume experience. Maybe folks could dine in Syndrome's volcanic base banquet hall? Hmm...

WildcatDen

The thread is titled "DHS Makeover-What-we-know-so-far". Not rumors. ;)
Now that is the kind of reply I like. Factual. No 'beating around the bush' (Dave - no comments please), just a direct response, with little to no additional fabric. Well said.

Now for the "DHS Makeover-What-we-know-so-far RUMOR", I can only relate what I have been told, and this is by no way to mean it is 100%, but the plans for phase 3 currently include Monsters inc. In what scale, I cannot say, but I have no complaints. . .

G00fyDad

Now that is the kind of reply I like. Factual. No 'beating around the bush' (Dave - no comments please), just a direct response, with little to no additional fabric. Well said.

Now for the "DHS Makeover-What-we-know-so-far RUMOR", I can only relate what I have been told, and this is by no way to mean it is 100%, but the plans for phase 3 currently include Monsters inc. In what scale, I cannot say, but I have no complaints. . .

As long as it doesn't include Cars I will be fine with it. Don't get me wrong, I like Cars, but I just think that they should leave that in California. I'm not really even sure how well it would work in the Florida rainy weather.

Phase 3? Phase 1 has not even broken ground yet... So are we looking at 2025 or later?

Probably later.

culturenthrills

So what happened to the Mr. Potato Head animatronic in the TSMM Q? I never read anything about him being moved but rode it for the first time in forever last night and he is gone.

raymusiccity

They ran out of potatoes for the french fries across the street at the Commissary and they needed a quick solution to the problem. ;)

'Rimshot'
rim-shot-johnny-utahthumbnail.jpg

djkidkaz

To me those two photos don't tell you anything. If I looked at that first picture I would have no clue thats Monstropolis from Monsters Inc. The second photo only tells you that because it is populated with the monsters. Remove them and it could be anything. So Disney would have to create a city and then populate it with monsters that walk around which I don't see happening.

WildcatDen

Phase 3? Phase 1 has not even broken ground yet... So are we looking at 2025 or later?
Again, I like to preface this by saying I cannot say too much as not much has been revealed to me, but I keep hearing that the plan is to have these first three phases open by the WDW 50th. . . as well as the recently approved budget expenses for the other three parks. . .

DisneyRoy

Again, I like to preface this by saying I cannot say too much as not much has been revealed to me, but I keep hearing that the plan is to have these first three phases open by the WDW 50th. . . as well as the recently approved budget expenses for the other three parks. . .

So basically 5 years from now. That's interesting. I could definitely see a phase 1 and 2 being complete in that time frame if Disney does what they CAN do. But a phase 3 I don't know. Unless there is more going on behind the scenes already that they have not yet alluded to.

WildcatDen

So basically 5 years from now. That's interesting. I could definitely see a phase 1 and 2 being complete in that time frame if Disney does what they CAN do. But a phase 3 I don't know. Unless there is more going on behind the scenes already that they have not yet alluded to.
In my opinion, I think the time line is too aggressive as well but it does make some sense. If everything was basically pushed out to the 50th, a lot of people may delay their vacation plans for that date. By opening sections in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and in the anniversary year of 2021, property wide, a steady stream of new offerings will keep the masses happy (understanding that not all masses can be happy, it is not in their nature. . .)

Another note, looking at the mock up maps @marni1971 has provided, and understanding plans are still rather fluid (water ride?), I cannot see them shuttering that large of a section of the park without plans to have it completed sooner rather than later. Wishful thinking? Maybe. Or maybe the success of TFA will just increase the size of that land instead. Now that is WISHFUL thinking.

Still, up here in Ohio, we get a new toll booth at King's Island and additions to the Waterpark. Those are things that are actually happening. . .

bjm72385

In my opinion, I think the time line is too aggressive as well but it does make some sense. If everything was basically pushed out to the 50th, a lot of people may delay their vacation plans for that date. By opening sections in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and in the anniversary year of 2021, property wide, a steady stream of new offerings will keep the masses happy (understanding that not all masses can be happy, it is not in their nature. . .)

Another note, looking at the mock up maps @marni1971 has provided, and understanding plans are still rather fluid (water ride?), I cannot see them shuttering that large of a section of the park without plans to have it completed sooner rather than later. Wishful thinking? Maybe. Or maybe the success of TFA will just increase the size of that land instead. Now that is WISHFUL thinking.

Still, up here in Ohio, we get a new toll booth at King's Island and additions to the Waterpark. Those are things that are actually happening. . .
I agree that while it seems a bit aggressive, it can definitely make some sense. Using Avatar for an example, even though some think it's taking too long, it looks like it will take roughly 3 years from "spade in the ground" to opening. Assuming that SWL will be at least the same size project but probably larger, and TSL looks to be a bit smaller, I could see 2018 and 2019 for these two phases to open, which would give them time for Phase 3 before 2021. I also think anything opening in 2017 is too aggressive.

Now what's this water ride you mention???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom