PHOTOS - New meet and greet area under construction at Disney's Hollywood Studios

YodaMan

Are we sure it's a M&G? I feel like Launch Bay was specifically opened as a way to house any/all Star Wars M&Gs. Does this have more to do with the casting notice for knowledgeable Star Wars fans that can entertain crowds?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Are we sure it's a M&G? I feel like Launch Bay was specifically opened as a way to house any/all Star Wars M&Gs. Does this have more to do with the casting notice for knowledgeable Star Wars fans that can entertain crowds?
A trusted source has indicated it as a meet and greet, but no word yet on what characters. May or may not be Star Wars related.

Cmdr_Crimson

Could it be one of the Toons in their SW garb or are their outfits retired for good?
Jedi-Mickey.jpg

YodaMan

A trusted source has indicated it as a meet and greet, but no word yet on what characters. May or may not be Star Wars related.

Wasn't Olaf rumored to come to Studios for a long time? This would be about as close to the Frozen Sing Along as they would be able to put it

Next Big Thing

Disney Auditions just posted auditions for look a likes for Ezra and Sabine from Rebels, looking for them to start work in a month or so. I bet it's probably something to do with them. Although it would be pretty cool to have Rey or some new characters from Episode 7.
If they have any characters from the new movie, they'll probably wait a bit and i'd expect maybe at best a Kylo Ren M&G in the Launch Bay. I really hope they can figure something out for a BB-8 along with SWL opening.

Maybe a joint R2 and BB-8 M&G? Although that has the real potential for technical difficulties which would be very bad show.

YodaMan

Disney Auditions just posted auditions for look a likes for Ezra and Sabine from Rebels, looking for them to start work in a month or so. I bet it's probably something to do with them. Although it would be pretty cool to have Rey or some new characters from Episode 7.

Honestly, the casting notice for Ezra and Sabine reads less like a M&G and more in line with the character dining that DznyCharacterInsider has been hinting at.

jhastings74

On the topic of BB-8 (and forgive me if this has been posted or discussed anywhere else...if so, just point me to the link...), is there any discussion about a Living Character Initiative version of BB? This area could be a good location for that...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
On the topic of BB-8 (and forgive me if this has been posted or discussed anywhere else...if so, just point me to the link...), is there any discussion about a Living Character Initiative version of BB? This area could be a good location for that...

Well, they used an actual robot for filming many of the scenes in the film. Would seem easy enough (provided the robot was reliable enough) to have him available for a M&G:

Then again, I always wanted to see a real Wall-e going around the park and that never happened...

wdrive

Relocated Cars or Monsters Inc meet and greet perhaps? I'd think any Star Wars meet and greets would go in the Launch Bay

Sped2424

Rey, Finn, and Bb-8 are coming to make appearances in some capacity whether it be meet and greet or firework introduction ala frozen summer fun. For now I haven't heard when or which one it shall be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom