The Edison--details announced

Stitchon

Hmm. Does anyone know the square footage of the Adventurers Club building? The original Edison in LA is 11,000 square feet, i'd be curious to see how the Disney Springs version stacks up.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hmm. Does anyone know the square footage of the Adventurers Club building? The original Edison in LA is 11,000 square feet, i'd be curious to see how the Disney Springs version stacks up.

I measured it in Google Earth and it came out to around 4,700 sq/ft. Early permits we saw for the project show two levels but it's not clear if the lower level will be part of The Tunnels or the Edison.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A Permit was filed today with the South Florida Water Management District for the Edison and whatever will be taking the place of the old BET building. I am still not clear if both locations are the Edison, or if this will be two different resturants.

Plaza level:

Capture.JPG

Lake Level:

Capture.JPG

kap91

A Permit was filed today with the South Florida Water Management District for the Edison and whatever will be taking the place of the old BET building. I am still not clear if both locations are the Edison, or if this will be two different resturants.

Plaza level:

View attachment 124507

Lake Level:

View attachment 124508

Not sure if it's those two locations but I'm pretty sure it's the Edison and Walts.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure if it's those two locations but I'm pretty sure it's the Edison and Walts.

Yeah, I don't see any obvious on stage connection between the two so it appears the BET spot is a different location, as you say probably Walts. That area is interesting, it looks like one big open space on the lower level with a mezzanine surrounding it on the upper level. The other possibility is that this is going to be the performance space mentioned in the Edison article.

halltd

The underground portion of this (C23) appears to still be all BOH area at least from the snippet of the plan posted above. Do you have a link to the permit and does it show the full extent of the underground section?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Rob562

The underground portion of this (C23) appears to still be all BOH area at least from the snippet of the plan posted above. Do you have a link to the permit and does it show the full extent of the underground section?

From what I can tell, the bulk of the area labeled "Existing C23" is backstage CM restrooms and changing/dressing rooms (note the lockers lining the walls). Just up and to the left of these backstage restrooms appear to be the guest restrooms for the Edison. This is the area with some kind of round object/structure/column just outside the restrooms. Most of the space where the AC restrooms were are BOH food prep areas, plus what is probably a fire exit corridor. Thus, they had to extend into the area under the plaza for Guest restrooms. (Unless the original restrooms stretch farther out than I thought, though they're definitely reconfigured from the AC bathrooms)

-Rob

halltd

I don't know what the old underground layout was, but from these new plans, the BOH and guest areas are pretty easy to make out. Also, if you look at the full set, there are obvious areas that are not BOH. So, my comment isn't really valid anymore.

Not even knowing what the theming of these spaces could be, the floor plan layouts alone have me excited for whatever is coming here!

roj2323

Here is a link to the document with the full plans. It's hard to tell if all the underground area is BOH or if some of it will be public space.

http://my.sfwmd.gov/entsb/docdownload?object_id=0900eeea88c85abc

I took a good look and it appears to be a bit of both. There are two distinct kitchens. One is huge and take up most of the existing underground space and also has 3 huge walk in freezers and the cast restrooms with lockers as previously mentioned. One portion of the space is however public restrooms. Also the far right of the underground area there appears to be a large open space which I would assume is Walt's. The second kitchen is about where the entrance to the adventurers club was. From what I can tell the Big Kitchen will be shared with Walt's and there are several distinct food prep areas as well as other kitchen specific areas. To be honest the drawing is a bit of a mess as there are 3 different drawings overlaid on top of each other. There's a topographic layer, a building layout layer as well as a plumbing layer.

On the plus side if you zoom in you can see that several rooms are labeled and the most interesting thing I saw was something labeled green screen.

halltd

I also wonder what "The Office" is. It would seem odd to name an actual office "THE" Office.
That side of the building looks to be a separate space. Look at the names of the rooms in the old AC space. Those are all Edison names. I think the new building to the left of it will be a different theme and name. There's a separate guest entrance (with stroller parking) as well. Notice, there's no connection between the buildings inside.

The underground space also appears to have its own guest entrance just under the existing PI bridge (in a round element).

So, this to me looks like three separate venues.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 30. Overhead (roof) steel beams were added this week to one portion of the existing structure (see red colored beams).

IMG_7233.JPG

Difficult to see in the below photo (through the safety netting on the left), a new red beam steel structure was installed within the existing framework of the building, with its own concrete ground anchors.

IMG_7235.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom