Captain EO final show on 12/6 - Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival to be the replacement

MrPromey

Well, at least none of the Shorts is FROZEN Related...

Which is kind of shocking when you consider that they just recycled some (mostly) old shorts that most people probably already have on dvd/bluray and they already have a retail line of merch for the Frozen short which probably would have been more popular.

.... Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating more Frozen in the parks, just commenting that I'm surprised, given they didn't make anything new for the space, that they didn't include that in the rotation.

MarkTwain

Despite the lack of groundbreaking creativity in this attraction concept, I'm glad to see they're at least showing Get a Horse in 3D. Watching it on the Disney shorts Blu-Ray, you really get the impression that it needs to be seen in 3D and in a theater to get the effect it was intended to have. At home it feels like watching Wizard of Oz on a black and white TV.

MrPromey

Despite the lack of groundbreaking creativity in this attraction concept, I'm glad to see they're at least showing Get a Horse in 3D. Watching it on the Disney shorts Blu-Ray, you really get the impression that it needs to be seen in 3D and in a theater to get the effect it was intended to have. At home it feels like watching Wizard of Oz on a black and white TV.

It was originally shown in 3D in front of Frozen in for anyone who went to see it in 3D back in 2013. (I know that wasn't your point about the theater comment but I just have to take the pop-shot at Disney for replacing a filler attraction with another filler attraction) That said, hopefully the in-theater effects that only exist in a place like this make it a more unique experience - will be interested in seeing the reviews from people who see it there.

Cmdr_Crimson

It was originally shown in 3D in front of Frozen in for anyone who went to see it in 3D back in 2013. (I know that wasn't your point about the theater comment but I just have to take the pop-shot at Disney for replacing a filler attraction with another filler attraction) That said, hopefully the in-theater effects that only exist in a place like this make it a more unique experience - will be interested in seeing the reviews from people who see it there.

With having 1 Disney short and 2 Pixar's they could have also added the Classic Donald Duck 3D short "Working For Peanuts" Since it was in 3D...But, Nooooooo..

Wikkler

It would work there, but it is literally the best possible attraction to bridge World Showcase with the permanent World's Fair concept of Future World.
It fits thematically, but the majority of it's a small world riders have either never heard of Epcot or think their kids won't like it. Thus, in Fantasyland it should stay.

RSoxNo1

It fits thematically, but the majority of it's a small world riders have either never heard of Epcot or think their kids won't like it. Thus, in Fantasyland it should stay.
That's a horrible reason. Most guests don't understand why something is in the correct place or the incorrect place. What they do recognize subconsciously is whether or not something fits. Bad thematic fits affect guest satisfaction, guests can sense one proper placemaking and theming is done, they just may not be able to articulate why something works.

MrPromey

With having 1 Disney short and 2 Pixar's they could have also added the Classic Donald Duck 3D short "Working For Peanuts" Since it was in 3D...But, Nooooooo..

I don't expect that they will but given how cheaply they could, I hope they would at some point start swapping these out or maybe even have a rotation throughout the day of selections. They have enough to work with and it would be a cheap and easy way to provide more in a park that is severely lacking such entertainment for the younger crowd. I think it would also better live up to the "film festival" name than just showing the same 3 movies in a set over and over.

mimitchi33

I'm surprised that they didn't choose anything Inside Out related, as that's (rumored) to replace Imagination. Maybe they will play different shorts each month?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom