DHS Soundstage 1 Renovation - Toy Storia Mania expansion

boufa

I know its been asked before... and if there was a likely answer, it would have been posted before... but hey, I'm not so smart sometimes...

Any ideas on timing for this new track. Sounds like they are reasonably close, not years from being done, but is it weeks, or months. I just did my FP+ for my trip in early Feb. I suddenly realized that if it was to open before Feb 1st, I could maybe get a RNRC fastpass and try the standby line for TSMM. If the 3rd track isn't open, then that thought is just plain silly talk.

So insiders, experts on all things, etc... and guesses educated or otherwise on when it might be open? By Feb 1st?

brent2124

So, apparently Mr. Potato Head is gone, with a wall now in place where he once was.
The wall was up on Sunday when I was there, and it extends along the wall that was to Mr. Potato Heads left, our right when facing where he was. It might make sense if the new qeuoe comes up from behind the wall and joins the current qeuoe in some fashion.

boufa

Any timeline when the third track will be open? It seems like it's taking forever?

No one seems to want to answer that question. I have asked it a few times.

We have a lot of supposedly connected insiders that comment on these boards, yet when a specific question with a reasonably plausible answer floating out there, refuse to comment... it makes you wonder. It may be that the info is so specific that they are afraid of releasing it, and exposing their connection... or that they are not as connected to people who are actually in the know on projects than they make us think they are.

Quite a while ago there was chatter that it was moving faster than expected, and might be done in time for the xmas rush. There was a permit filed on 9/17/15 for soundstage 1 show set install. I would assume that the pieces were made off site and are being moved into place. I can't imagine that would take too long. I have to imagine is isn't too far away from being done. But I don't know if its weeks, or months yet.

DisneyOutsider

We have a lot of supposedly connected insiders that comment on these boards, yet when a specific question with a reasonably plausible answer floating out there, refuse to comment... it makes you wonder. It may be that the info is so specific that they are afraid of releasing it, and exposing their connection... or that they are not as connected to people who are actually in the know on projects than they make us think they are.

So now you feel like insiders owe YOU something??

Slow your role, sparky. Your are very fortunate that they choose to share anything on this board at all. Also, just because someone has a small window behind the scenes, doesn't mean they know every bit of information that there is to know about the parks.

HauntedMansionFLA

Quite a while ago there was chatter that it was moving faster than expected, and might be done in time for the xmas rush. There was a permit filed on 9/17/15 for soundstage 1 show set install. I would assume that the pieces were made off site and are being moved into place. I can't imagine that would take too long. I have to imagine is isn't too far away from being done. But I don't know if its weeks, or months yet.
Wait till permits are filed, WDW official announcements and pictures of actual construction. I like this site because members take some great, detailed photographs.

dstrawn9889

At one point in time I thought this might be the case, but at this point I believe it will open before TSL.
true, no sense in it just sitting, but the final queue reconfig cannot happen until the new SWL opens (the entrance will be on the Backstage side of the Soundstage, well backstage now)

boufa

So now you feel like insiders owe YOU something??

Slow your role, sparky. Your are very fortunate that they choose to share anything on this board at all. Also, just because someone has a small window behind the scenes, doesn't mean they know every bit of information that there is to know about the parks.

This information seems to be simple, I am surprised that no one knows any idea where this project is on the time line. They don't owe me anything, but I would take checks, cash or Gift Cards if they want. In some one provides true insider information, then THANK YOU, and I appreciate it greatly, however those people are in the minority ( yet they provide a majority of why I visit this site!). I think some of the "insiders" are not really connected to anyone beyond a bus driver, or maybe a transportation supervisor, yet represents themselves as all knowing. The lack of information on this project is proof of that in my opinion.

It should not take much to have some idea how far along they are.

Wait till permits are filed, WDW official announcements and pictures of actual construction. I like this site because members take some great, detailed photographs.

This makes no sense. The ride has permits filed, including a permit from 9/17 for show element installs. and there will be no photos, since 100% of this construction is taking place indoors, in a otherwise closed building.

true, no sense in it just sitting, but the final queue reconfig cannot happen until the new SWL opens (the entrance will be on the Backstage side of the Soundstage, well backstage now)

I disagree. It would not be the first time that Disney built something that was "temporary" and then tore it out and re-did it a little while later. I doubt they would keep this capacity off limits until several years from now. I imagine they will make it work with the existing lines, and then reconfigure them when needed to tie it in to the new land.

DisneyOutsider

This information seems to be simple, I am surprised that no one knows any idea where this project is on the time line. They don't owe me anything, but I would take checks, cash or Gift Cards if they want. In some one provides true insider information, then THANK YOU, and I appreciate it greatly, however those people are in the minority ( yet they provide a majority of why I visit this site!). I think some of the "insiders" are not really connected to anyone beyond a bus driver, or maybe a transportation supervisor, yet represents themselves as all knowing. The lack of information on this project is proof of that in my opinion.

You still come across as entitled and ungrateful as ****

If it's so "simple" then go create your own network and find it out yourself instead of leeching off of everyone else and then having the nerve to complain when they can't give you privileged information.

Cesar R M

This makes no sense. The ride has permits filed, including a permit from 9/17 for show element installs. and there will be no photos, since 100% of this construction is taking place indoors, in a otherwise closed building.

I disagree. It would not be the first time that Disney built something that was "temporary" and then tore it out and re-did it a little while later. I doubt they would keep this capacity off limits until several years from now. I imagine they will make it work with the existing lines, and then reconfigure them when needed to tie it in to the new land.
bunnymund_whatthe.png

FerretAfros

During the Marathon on Sunday, the course took runners along the former tram tour route through the costuming tunnel. Most of the windows were blacked out, but the (former?) scenic shop was open and had a few lights on. As best I could tell, it appeared to be full of new TSMM vehicles, covered in tarps/sheets until they're ready for use on the new ride system

There appeared to be 4-5 rows, each with 3-4 pairs of vehicles. These photos aren't the best, since I was using a sweat-soaked camera and didn't have much time to stop, but the shape of the vehicles under the covers appeared to match the shapes of the existing TSMM vehicles.
P1140401.JPG

P1140400.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom