Adventureland Veranda - Skipper Canteen restaurant

Next Big Thing

So every kids meal on property looks the same? That's unfortunate. If I was a kid, I'd look forward to seeing what all the menus were like at each place. What kind of little games were on Skipper Canteens menu versus Be Our Guest or Liberty Tree. If they were all unique, you'd think they'd occupy kids interest longer, too. I wonder why they make them all the same.
I have a child and from what I see on that menu, it's definitely different than something you would find at BOG.

BackOTheLine

I love the sound of the menu. Definitely looks like they've ventured away from the normal mainstream with some of those selections. Almost reads like something you may find in AK or at one of the more adventuresome signatures (corny descriptions aside). I hope it eats that way as well. Compared to the last new menu I've read (morimotos) this one kicks it up and down the river. But as I've not had the chance to sample either I'll reserve final judgment. But oh yes, there will be judgement. ;). Can't wait to check it out come April.....dang that sounds so far away.

jensenrick

Wonderful! I really like the look of this menu, so I hope the food is good. It certainly looks good so far.

If so, then MK will finally have a decent restaurant!

disney4life2008

it seems a lot of people do not like this menu. I am not understanding why in contrast to be our guest this menu looks amazing be our guest has the most disgusting menu I have ever seen at least thia menu has good food that is edible and I am really excited about the pho.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Society of Explorers and Adventurers.

Yep, and it is also the thematic element that binds several themed areas together, Jungle Cruise in the various parks, the former Adventurer's Club, the Mystic Manor in HKDL and their Adventurer's Club restaurant (only a counter service place IIRC), the Fortress Explorations, Hotel Hightower (Tower of Terror) and Mysterious Island sections of Tokyo DisneySEA, and the Nautilus related things at Disneyland Paris, and probably more I'm forgetting.

Next Big Thing

Glad they made this a restaurant, however in terms of the look and immersive feel I would say it's a step below BOG for me.
I tend to agree, but they were dealing with an existing building this time around (and likely a smaller budget) so it's pretty nice overall, especially seeing as it adds a needed TS dining option to that side of the park and from all accounts so far, the food is getting pretty good reviews and the menu is much more diverse than anything in MK, so that's a win for food quality/options.

Sped2424

I tend to agree, but they were dealing with an existing building this time around (and likely a smaller budget) so it's pretty nice overall, especially seeing as it adds a needed TS dining option to that side of the park and from all accounts so far, the food is getting pretty good reviews and the menu is much more diverse than anything in MK, so that's a win for food quality/options.
The win as you said here is in the food options. I just am a little disappointed that for a restaurant based on such a tropic and fun attraction like the jungle cruise the restaurant doesn't really evoke the same response as the ride for me in terms of it's interior despite the furniture. It's missing some magic for me if you will, it's themed to the jungle cruise rather than an extension of it.

Jon81uk

What is the kid's menu printed on? It looks so garishly out of theme to the rest of the restaurant. I wonder why it wasn't done in the same style as the regular menu.

It looks like the paper the kids menu is printed on is Star Wars themed. I'm going to guess this will be the same across WDW with games to promote the new movie etc.

Next Big Thing

The win as you said here is in the food options. I just am a little disappointed that for a restaurant based on such a tropic and fun attraction like the jungle cruise the restaurant doesn't really evoke the same response as the ride for me in terms of it's interior despite the furniture. It's missing some magic for me if you will, it's themed to the jungle cruise rather than an extension of it.
Yeah. The SEA room is nice, but the main dining room is definitely a bit lacking. It's actually fairly similar to how I remember it prior, just a lot more props hung around the room and a new paint job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom