Flower and garden expands to 90 days in 2016

Cmdr_Crimson

What's next F&W from Sept 1st to Dec 31st....
tumblr_mxt13gvG901spy7ono1_500.gif

dreamfinder

So we complain about Star Wars Weekends ending but also about another festival being extended during the same time period?

People will find a reason to complain about anything.

Yeah, but eventually they need to just give up on calling it a festival and just call it what it is. The thing that keeps Epcot in the black. Heck, at this point just make it year round and stop charging admission to Epcot.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Yup Drunkytown Spring Edition, From the Official announcement on DPB

As you take in the gorgeous creations we have planned for you, nosh on sweet and savory Outdoor Kitchen dishes and refreshing beverages. Even the kids will want to have a bite – or your whole portion.

Making their topiary debut at the park’s front entrance will be Donald Duck’s mischievous nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie along with Donald and Daisy. And to celebrate the National Parks Service centennial, Ranger Mickey Mouse will join for the first time in Future World.

I can’t wait to see how our horticulture artists create the new Floral Sun garden that will celebrate the brightest star in Earth’s orbit with yellow “sunbursts” that pop up across the Future World landscape.

Topiary is as close as they get to anything relating to actual Horticulture, Yet as recently as 2011 it was all about gardening, it went downhill when the 'outdoor kitchens pushing booze' started up.

Welcome to EPCOT worlds largest outdoor Bar and Grille. Get your complementary Jaegermeister with a 1 day paid admission to EPCOT.

I'm just disgusted.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yup Drunkytown Spring Edition, From the Official announcement on DPB

As you take in the gorgeous creations we have planned for you, nosh on sweet and savory Outdoor Kitchen dishes and refreshing beverages. Even the kids will want to have a bite – or your whole portion.

Making their topiary debut at the park’s front entrance will be Donald Duck’s mischievous nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie along with Donald and Daisy. And to celebrate the National Parks Service centennial, Ranger Mickey Mouse will join for the first time in Future World.

I can’t wait to see how our horticulture artists create the new Floral Sun garden that will celebrate the brightest star in Earth’s orbit with yellow “sunbursts” that pop up across the Future World landscape.

Topiary is as close as they get to anything relating to actual Horticulture, Yet as recently as 2011 it was all about gardening, it went downhill when the 'outdoor kitchens pushing booze' started up.

Welcome to EPCOT worlds largest outdoor Bar and Grille. Get your complementary Jaegermeister with a 1 day paid admission to EPCOT.

I'm just disgusted.

IMO, the F&G Festival is still a pleasant experience. As of last May when I went there, all the gardens and topiaries were beautiful. On weekends, they had horticultural seminars, etc. (Although in the past, I think they might have had more horticultural presentations throughout the entire week, versus just the weekends, but I'm not positive about that.) Perhaps now with the extension to 90 days, more gardening presentations will be added.

There were some interesting food kiosks placed around World Showcase; and from what I could see, the emphasis was definitely more on the special, festival food menus, than the beverages. (Although I was there during the daytime only, I didn't notice any guests that were intoxicated or acting inappropriately.)

Lastly, on the weekends, they had oldies concerts in the open theater in front of the American Experience. At least for now, the F&G Festival is still a nice, springtime event. Hope I can go again next year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom