PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios - Was: Rumor: Pizza Planet/Mama Melrose closing?

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
It hasn't come up in a while but I heard rumbles from very different areas about Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose (and possibly the Christmas shop as well) closing after the holidays/early 2016.

I haven’t heard any plans for Muppets, but everyone seems fairly confident it will be open as it is now for the foreseeable future. It just might be even more lonely in that corner of the park if there is any validity to this.

UPDATE July 15 2016:
PizzeRizzo announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Last edited by a moderator:

TabulaRasa

I wouldn't be surprised at all if both restaurants got a Muppet makeover. It's obvious that the powers that be are moving towards immersive lands in DHS, and it would be an easy move for them to do this.

twebber55

It hasn't come up in a while but I heard rumbles from very different areas about Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose (and possibly the Christmas shop as well) closing after the holidays/early 2016.

I haven’t heard any plans for Muppets, but everyone seems fairly confident it will be open as it is now for the foreseeable future. It just might be even more lonely in that corner of the park if there is any validity to this.
pizza planet is getting a refurb after the holidays

WhatJaneSays

Original Poster
pizza planet is getting a refurb after the holidays
I think the refurb is still on the table but Pizza Planet might be going away as it is now.

Does anyone know if Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose share a kitchen area? That might be why it's hinted that both may be closing at the same time. I could see them combining that corridor of space into a single restaurant or re-theming them both at the same time.

*Q*

The problem with the idea of Pizza Planet in Toy Story Land is that everything is supposed to be on the scale of the toys. The restaurant would make sense if they were to expand Pixar Place as an amalgam of elements from their various movies, but there would be some continuity hurdles if they were to attempt to fold it into Toy Story Land as it appears to be planned.

roj2323

The reason both locations would be closing at the same time is because they share the back of house Kitchen areas. The Christmas shop is always pretty dead in january February so it makes sense to just close it all off. I have a feeling however that there is more to the story than just a referb.

Unplugged

The problem with the idea of Pizza Planet in Toy Story Land is that everything is supposed to be on the scale of the toys. The restaurant would make sense if they were to expand Pixar Place as an amalgam of elements from their various movies, but there would be some continuity hurdles if they were to attempt to fold it into Toy Story Land as it appears to be planned.

Perhaps it just needs to be a really, really BIG Pizza Planet? ;)

I support the creation of an all new Pizza Planet that is really, THE Pizza Planet, and located on Pixar Place. Building a new one and re-using the old is no wasted space as once the DHS refurb is done, they will need ample eateries.

ekutchey

I can see Pizza Planet being relocated and redesigned within that transition. It could be SO much more!! Also I'm sure with the new popularity of the Muppets show they will not close this anytime soon.

doctornick

Agreed. Pizza Planet doesn't make sense as part of Toy Story Land. It would work as part of a generic Pixar Place with multiple franchises (especially given that Pizza Planet is referred in multiple Pixar films).

Another great option for a proper Pizza Planet that I've seen suggested is to it at DTD where I think you could do it justice, including having the games area.

FigmentJedi

What about putting Pizza Planet on the other side of Toy Story Land as if you start shrinking after walking past it? Or revealing that there was a very accurate Pizza Planet playset in the Buzz Lightyear toyline? After all, the LGMs aren't just mascots for Pizza Planet, they're a core part of Buzz Lightyear's media franchise in-universe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom