Annual Pass Renewal(Gold) and no new card, how do we park?

cindy_k

Original Poster
When I brought my pass certificate to the window at TTC to get my new card / perk booklet etc, and the cast member updated my ticket in the system, made sure my magic bands were linked and gave me a pamphlet with the gold level perks.

He said there wasn't a new card, just use my band and my old card if needed.
I asked about parking, and he said just show my old card.

What I am confused about, is my old card has the Expiration date printed on it.
We used my boyfriends card to park that day, and he got his pass before the changes so he received a card and everything like normal.

Has anyone had any issues with this change and parking?
I ordered my new magic band today, I am hoping a new card perks card comes with it.
Has anyone had any problems with this new no card thing?

Thanks!
Cindy

DisneyFans4Life

You could just show them your MB; chances are they just wave you right through. IF they happen to scan your band, it will show that you renewed your pass and they will wave you through any way.

cmoliver68

Since I renewed in October I have been several times. When I go through I just show my MB and they just wave me through. Haven't been scanned in two months.

cindy_k

Original Poster
Since I renewed in October I have been several times. When I go through I just show my MB and they just wave me through. Haven't been scanned in two months.

Do you have the AP blue thingy on your band? I had one on mine but it fell off.

roj2323

This is something disney is pretty good about. Worst case scenario, bring your parking receipt to guest relations and they will refund you your parking once your card has been activated.

Phonedave

I got an AP ID card when got my gold pass last week. You should be able to get one.

Parking is pretty good about not being a pain. I have told them I was going in to renew my AP and they let me in (and for the record I was). I also lost the resort parking pass once, and they let me in as well.

-dave

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The discount card (used to be gold for those with free parking, black for those without) and AP slider come with your passholder magic band, which you have to customize in your MDE account. My daughter, since she's getting married at Disney next year, got a free annual pass at the Premium level (the old regular AP without entrance to the water parks, golf, etc.). She indicated that she can get the new customizable magic band since she got an AP after the October 4th changes. And a new card. No more choice of Mickey, Minnie, Donald or Goofy. When I took my renewal certificate to GS at Disney Springs, I got the new card, but since I renewed 3 days before the changes, I have the old annual pass without Photopass. Since all annual passes renewed/purchased after October 4th will include parking, I doubt if Disney will continue to provide the additional discount card. The old AP cards had a statement on the back if the pass included free parking or not.

And if you purchased one of the new purple bands - Haunted Mansion, Sanderson sisters, Villians - they show as purple in your account.

Do you have the AP blue thingy on your band? I had one on mine but it fell off.

Go by Guest Services at either Disney Springs or any of the parks (we stopped by EPCOT) and tell them you've lost your AP slider and after showing your pass, they should give you one. If you plan on doing this at the Magic Kingdom, I would go by the GS next to Tony's, not the one at Town Hall, since that is usually busy with people getting GACs or other things. We always go across Town Square to the other one since staff is usually more knowledgeable and you can purchase magic bands there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom