DHS Permit

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This appears to be the first major permit related to the work at DHS. The main part of this permit is the construction of a new drainage pond on the other side of World Drive. You can also see the reconfiguration of the Osceola and Victory way interchange, although that work is not part of the permit. I am still going over the documents to see what else we can learn from them. At the bottom of the image you can also see where a new construction access road will be put in.

Capture.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
This paragraph from the permit is also interesting....

"Other improvements to be constructed within the project area include: rehabilitation of an existing theme park area resulting in a maximum of 95% impervious coverage; expansion of a parking area; an expansion of an existing ramp from Osceola Parkway to the theme park entrance toll plaza; a temporary entrance road from World Drive to the theme park entrance toll plaza area; and a temporary bridge spanning the Canal L-402; and wetland impacts within these construction areas."

Tom

Beta Return
This appears to be the first major permit related to the work at DHS. The main part of this permit is the construction of a new drainage pond on the other side of World Drive. You can also see the reconfiguration of the Osceola and Victory way interchange, although that work is not part of the permit. I am still going over the documents to see what else we can learn from them. At the bottom of the image you can also see where a new construction access road will be put in.

View attachment 116360

Nice find!

Another interesting map. It looks like everything in yellow is going to become part of the park expansion.

View attachment 116361

Even better find! This is exactly what I presumed would take place.

So, based on this, I'm guessing they'll work on Toy Story Land while prepping the wetlands for future work, since Toy Story Land doesn't require acquisition of any wetlands.

It's obvious that Studio Dr won't be the main entry, but are they going to put in the new Osceola/Victory interchange before they start Star Wars? Because Star Wars is obviously going to push "outside the berm" and through where the toll plaza is now.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Nice find!

Even better find! This is exactly what I presumed would take place.

So, based on this, I'm guessing they'll work on Toy Story Land while prepping the wetlands for future work, since Toy Story Land doesn't require acquisition of any wetlands.

It's obvious that Studio Dr won't be the main entry, but are they going to put in the new Osceola/Victory interchange before they start Star Wars? Because Star Wars is obviously going to push "outside the berm" and through where the toll plaza is now.

I wonder if this section of land will become the new toll plaza..

Capture.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
You sure about that? The green "existing theme park" section includes the parking lot. Could it just mean that the yellow will be included in that definition? Theme park including parking.

Let me re-phrase that. It looks like the yellow will cease to be trees, but it is not clear exactly what it will become. About the yellow area, the map in the permit says...

"clearing, grubbing and filling of existing wetlands, ditches and stormwater ponds."

This is what you would do to prepare the land for some sort of construction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom