Free condiments question

Theodore

Original Poster
I know the resorts have a toaster with free condiments like butter and ketchup etc. but does anyone know if there is peanut butter and jelly available for free too? I'm staying at Pop and was planning on bringing a loaf of bread with me. I'm not checking bags so bringing my own PB&J is not an option. I know it sounds cheap but I essentially broke the bank to bring the kids for Halloween this year.

Disneydreamer23

I stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean beach and they have them out I am not sure about a value 100%, but the ones I have stayed at keep them out and don't charge. Maybe some one else can Chime in>?

jgj123

At Pop Century, there is free jelly, but you have to pay for peanut butter, about 50 cents for a small packet

Jon81uk

I really don't want to be "that guy" but it is technically steeling of you take the jelly & butter without paying for bread in the foodcourt. Using the toaster wouldn't be an issue but I think taking condiments without buying anything is a little wrong.

s8film40

I really don't want to be "that guy" but it is technically steeling of you take the jelly & butter without paying for bread in the foodcourt. Using the toaster wouldn't be an issue but I think taking condiments without buying anything is a little wrong.
I wouldn't go as far as to say stealing. I would say misuse of an amenity provided by the hotel. If they had a sign saying jelly and peanut butter only to be used on items purchased it would be a little more different. That being said doing things like this is what causes places to have to be stingy with things like this. I would say just get some PB&J and bread from a local grocery store.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The resort convenience stores sell jars of peanut butter and jelly (bread too). Maybe that would be a more polite route to take.
I don't believe the value resorts have that. I don't recall seeing a grocery section at Pop in June. They have a limited dry goods (first aid, hygiene products, etc).

Sabrina D

I don't believe the value resorts have that. I don't recall seeing a grocery section at Pop in June. They have a limited dry goods (first aid, hygiene products, etc).
Okay. We generally stay at places that also have DVC. I think DVC units have a full kitchen so that is probably why we see bulk food items for sale. Regardless- I think buying your food, even if it means a trek to an off site grocer is preferable to pilfering a condiments bar.

EDIT: I was REALLY trying to avoid all controversial remarks for at least my first week here. :(

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Okay. We generally stay at places that also have DVC. I think DVC units have a full kitchen so that is probably why we see bulk food items for sale. Regardless- I think buying your food, even if it means a trek to an off site grocer is preferable to pilfering a condiments bar.

EDIT: I was REALLY trying to avoid all controversial remarks for at least my first week here. :(
Yes, DVC has a much better variety of grocery offerings.

epcotisbest

Squeezable Jelly and PB in plastic jars. Easily packable, wrap them good in saran wrap in case of leakage and it won't take up a lot of space.
smuckers-1q8u4lm.jpg
spin_prod_ec_1538834902.jpg

pixiesteno

I know there is a grocery section at All Star Music and it is in the store and not the dining area. However, you should be able to pack your peanut butter and jelly in your checked luggage without a problem. I would put them in a zip lock bag to prevent spillage.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I know there is a grocery section at All Star Music and it is in the store and not the dining area. However, you should be able to pack your peanut butter and jelly in your checked luggage without a problem. I would put them in a zip lock bag to prevent spillage.
He said he is not checking luggage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom