DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Mikejakester

Getting somewhat back on track, I've put together how I understand things as it stands at the moment. I thought it may be easier to illustrate.

This is everything I'm aware as having been looked at. I can't vouch for anything still moving forward or not. I've also been deliberately vague with the exact extent of particular areas. Nor can I really go into greater detail about some of it.

View attachment 113217

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Yellow - phase three
Blue - phase four
Orange - changes / enhancements
Purple - infrastructure

2 things raised my eye brows...

a. Refurbish of Fantasmic! (Although not surprised)
b. Road/parking infrastructure: This brings a lot of questions with regards timing and schedule... I am assuming the infrastructure includes the 2 parking garages? and if SWL is going to eat up that much parking and the 2 cast member buildings behind Indy, then it's safe to assume the Parking Infrastructure will be happening along with Phase 1. Otherwise... there might be a bit of a clusterfudge with the parking lots when Phase 2 starts...?

Conclusion: this is fascinating - in a logistical nightmare sort of way

Last edited:

YodaMan

Probably nothing major, but based on today's permits it seems that there will be "general construction" in the Rock'N Rollercoaster Queue.

PlaneCrazy1978

I'm under the impression it's more of an access and logistics issue for both guests and equipment, for both SOA, Toy Land and the wider park. I do expect some of SOA to be impacted temporarily and permenantly.

The majority of the actual lighting is new each year anyway. It could be put anywhere if they wanted to.

So what happens to all that old lighting every year? I want to buy some for my house. That's commercial grade stuff.

doctornick

Some parking changes should happen right away. Others will come later.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that a new CM parking deck on the other side of World Drive will be fast-tracked allowing them to start building on the (current) CM parking for Star Wars ASAP. Since it is land that is otherwise undeveloped and not part of the theme park, it should be relatively easy to build a deck "quickly" on the other side of World Dr.

HauntedMansionFLA

2 things raised my eye brows...

a. Refurbish of Fantasmic! (Although not surprised)
b. Road/parking infrastructure: This brings a lot of questions with regards timing and schedule... I am assuming the infrastructure includes the 2 parking garages? and if SWL is going to eat up that much parking and the 2 cast member buildings behind Indy, then it's safe to assume the Parking Infrastructure will be happening along with Phase 1. Otherwise... there might be a bit of a clusterfudge with the parking lots when Phase 2 starts...?

Conclusion: this is fascinating - in a logistical nightmare sort of way
How long did it take to build the parking garages down at Disney. Springs? This would give us some sort if timetable if that's one of the first things to be worked on.

Scor1pion

Are there any plans to rework the entrances? Seems right now the small north entrance is used more than the larger south entrance. I would think that once star wars and toy story come in that small entrance will not be able to accommodate the crowds and getting to the south entrance is just out of the way from most everywhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom