Major 2015 Pirates of the Caribbean Refurbishment Watch/Rumor.

Clamman73

Sweet!

How were the cloud effects?
Same as the other day. Just in a portion going into the fire scene. Not sure what 100% looks like and can't totally remember from way back when.

The lightning flashes are too much at the skeleton. It's like every second.

Also it's hard to tell if they did change the slope of the drop but it almost feels like it's not as steep into the water. Not sure.

I looked during load at the front of the boats and many don't look too wet. Haven't seen water totally covering the floor.

dreamscometrue

Same as the other day. Just in a portion going into the fire scene. Not sure what 100% looks like and can't totally remember from way back when.

Also it's hard to tell if they did change the slope of the drop but it almost feels like it's not as steep into the water. Not sure.

I looked during load at the front of the boats and many don't look too wet. Haven't seen water totally covering the floor.
Thanks. :)

Goofyernmost

@marni1971 Can you confirm the slope of the drop has changed/unchanged?

I've not heard.
Anything is possible, but to change the degree of slant to the drop would require some major renovation in my mind. Either the drop would have to start further back or the entry to the battle scene would be much closer then it used to be. I would think that if it is different they might have rigged it so that the boat goes down it slower with whatever they use to control the speed (i.e. increased friction to slow it) in an effort to cut down on the splash at the bottom. But, from most reports the splashing is still there. So... I'm thinking, probably not.

sedati

I've read most of these posts, but as I haven't had the opportunity to ride this in over a decade I can't quite get a picture of the problem being described. How much water is getting in these boats and also onto riders? As someone who did visite every few years from 1980 to 1997 I always remember some splash and some water on the seats/floor of the boat. Especially when I was younger this was a plus. I would sit on the outer edges to get some amount of splash during the drop. My mother loved the ride, but always sat in the center to avoid getting wet. She also learned to keep a stack of paper towels in her purse to wipe the seats on both Pirates and Splash Mountain as she got in (Splash Mountain certainly got you wetter.) If the argument is that Pirates never had water at all, then I contradict that and say it always had a bit- but was never a soaker. Also, boats have always backed up during the busier seasons easily as far back as the burning scene, which again, I don't remember as a bad thing as it meant more ride time and more air conditioning.

nelsonj3

I'm going to try to ride tomorrow. I will post my experience and maybe a short video or two. I'm excited to see the improvements that have been discussed. It would be great if the drop was a little smoother, but we'll see tomorrow.

jessfriends

I was in the last row on here tonight and I got more wet than i did on splash mountain in the last row. It wasn't bad but thought that was funny. The floor on the last row of my pirates boat was really wet.

The drop felt different to me but I couldn't figure it out or if it was just my imagination. Fog effects were great at cannonball scene. I smelled a slight fire scent in the end fire scene.

jme

Here's the side by side comparison for the mangy mutt

3Uia3Uu.png

e2aviPS.png

corey154

I rode it yesterday about 1130 am. I was second from the back row and the floor of the boat was soaked. My feet got wet because of the puddles. I was kind of surprised because I figured that was going to e addressed in refurb. I didn't get wet but the way the front row screamed after the drop they must had been soaked. I thought it was almost too much fog. Everything looked cleaner but aside from that, I didn't notice any big changes.

Prog

I've read most of these posts, but as I haven't had the opportunity to ride this in over a decade I can't quite get a picture of the problem being described. How much water is getting in these boats and also onto riders? As someone who did visite every few years from 1980 to 1997 I always remember some splash and some water on the seats/floor of the boat. Especially when I was younger this was a plus. I would sit on the outer edges to get some amount of splash during the drop. My mother loved the ride, but always sat in the center to avoid getting wet. She also learned to keep a stack of paper towels in her purse to wipe the seats on both Pirates and Splash Mountain as she got in (Splash Mountain certainly got you wetter.) If the argument is that Pirates never had water at all, then I contradict that and say it always had a bit- but was never a soaker. Also, boats have always backed up during the busier seasons easily as far back as the burning scene, which again, I don't remember as a bad thing as it meant more ride time and more air conditioning.
The complaint is that the boats that WDW scooped up after Disneyland rejected them come down the drop in such a way to cause a few quarts of water to drench the guests upon landing. This is in stark contrast to the light sprinkle of Splash Mountain and Pirates in its heyday.
The stacking is considered to be a problem because it's been known to go all the way back to the pirate hanging his dirty foot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom