Jedi Training Academy to close to reopen later this year as 'Jedi Training - Trials of the Temple'

Kman101

Isn't Vader going to meet in Launch Bay at Disneyland? I'd imagine he would meet in ours too so that could be another reason for the move. Just a thought.

It's nice to get updates to things.

doctornick

Isn't Vader going to meet in Launch Bay at Disneyland? I'd imagine he would meet in ours too so that could be another reason for the move. Just a thought.

I think that's likely true. Also, in addition to the "regular" Launch Bay M&G, there's also going to be a Chase card holders exclusive "Imperial M&G" at both DLR and WDW -- I wonder if Vader would appear at both or if we might see some other villains like The Emperor, Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Stormtroopers, etc. Or characters from the new movie.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Yeah - but the 4-12 year olds are growing up with Rebels now and love those characters. It's that funny character debate - it'll be nice to see unique ones.
I know. My kids are both into Rebels and it's been tough to convince them to watch the OT with me recently, so I do get it on that level. As gung-ho over the (sanctuary) moon as I am about Star Wars Land, I'm starting to get minorly nervous about the seeming lack of OT love it's going to have.

bpadair32

Rebels is a great show, but I kind of hate them losing Vader as the villian as they move farther away from the original trilogy.

This is an attraction that is targeted at kids instead of adults, and kids are going to be more excited about the Rebels than the originals, IMO. I know my son loves all things Star Wars, but is definitely more about the Rebels.

wilbs

Oh noooo! Our first visit ever visit is the week of closure and we have Star Wars mad kids. Will there at least be any Star Wars characters around to see? Or none at all now do you think?

boufa

Oh noooo! Our first visit ever visit is the week of closure and we have Star Wars mad kids. Will there at least be any Star Wars characters around to see? Or none at all now do you think?
I am by no means an expert, and I don't go there multiple times a year, but I have never seen SW characters in DHS except at the training academy.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, and maybe with the movie in a few months it will be different. They are certainly turning up the heat on star wars in the parks. Hopefully it doesn't get to Frozen levels... on the other hand, SW is more acceptable to be everywhere, at least to me.

Unfortunately there are no other star wars characters in the parks yet. I'm not sure the timeline for the star wars Launch Bay either (can't keep up with all the posts haha) But you still have the classic star tours ride and they can always get a picture on the land speeder outside (we still get our pictures there at 22 and 28).

Eoghann

So are they keeping the age limit in place?

Because it's possible I might "know" the odd adult who would enjoy fighting the Sith too...

I always thought Disney was missing an opportunity there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom