Roller Coaster Tycoon World

Macca250

Original Poster
Another article:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2977...d-preview-a-wildly-easy-to-get-into-ride.html

They compare it to my favorite game of 2015, which is a good sign.
Ah! I am feeling far more optermistic about this game than I have since before that awful teaser trailer landed. I'm very happy about the positive feedback on the mod integration. Looks like custom scenery will be more accessible to everyone, I just feel sorry for the folks who currently run popular RCT3 mod sites, guess people will be far more inclined to use the official steam workshop integration. But oh well, bring on the Cinderella Castle mods!

Voxel

President of Progress City
Ah! I am feeling far more optermistic about this game than I have since before that awful teaser trailer landed. I'm very happy about the positive feedback on the mod integration. Looks like custom scenery will be more accessible to everyone, I just feel sorry for the folks who currently run popular RCT3 mod sites, guess people will be far more inclined to use the official steam workshop integration. But oh well, bring on the Cinderella Castle mods!
Actually it's a good thing with mod sites. Recent internet trends of ad blockers are makingn these sites more expensive to operate with no revenue coming in.

Voxel

Watching the live broadcast. I'm noticed quite a few glitches, but they seem to mostly centered with how guest are walking. Like walking forwards but they are going sidewise. Minor things that can be fixed with later revs. Seems to stutter sometimes, but that could be the broadcast. I'm loving the shading and the day/night cycle. More info coming as I watch.

Voxel

There is a guest preference for environment and scenery. So you will have some guest who prefer the Western from, and some will prefer Scifi.

Macca250

Original Poster
After all the 'buzz' has died down after Pax. For anyone who hasn't seen it, the latest blog post features a 'highlights' video. They just happened to interview a wannabe imagineer... Appealing to a certain audience much?

Macca250

Original Poster
Another video - this time showing a behind the scenes look. Doesn't show anything drastically new, but does do a good job of reiterating that the game could be a step forward for the franchise. Also vaguely touches on the 'collaboration' with Six Flags.

StageFrenzy

Been a while since I have commented on the development of RCTW or Planet Coaster. RCTW does look a lot better than it did during the vomit trailer. Maybe they finally found a studio that can finish the project. I don't know if either will deliver a game that is that different than RCT3. Early in the development it sounded like RCTW was going to go for a more Disney level of theming and have sit down restaurants. What I have wanted since RCT was the ability to have a MK like resort area. With the ability to manage parking, hotels and transportation. I don't know if I will be purchasing world at launch yet though.

Voxel

Been a while since I have commented on the development of RCTW or Planet Coaster. RCTW does look a lot better than it did during the vomit trailer. Maybe they finally found a studio that can finish the project. I don't know if either will deliver a game that is that different than RCT3. Early in the development it sounded like RCTW was going to go for a more Disney level of theming and have sit down restaurants. What I have wanted since RCT was the ability to have a MK like resort area. With the ability to manage parking, hotels and transportation. I don't know if I will be purchasing world at launch yet though.
I only know of one game that would have done what your asking but it never go further then a notebook and is not in active development

Voxel

There is always expansions right?
Possible. But I think RCTW Is multiple explanations away from that. They still haven't stated if their is a wall/scenery ability like the previous 3 games so you can enclose rides. They are also lacking a few other major components before they get to the inclusion of hotels and such

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom