DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

J76

Leading candidate I've heaed for a couple years is Disney Hollywood Adventure.

We'll see...
My issue with this name is the same confusion for non-Disney enthusiasts that confuse Disney Hollywood STUDIOS with Universal STUDIOS. Same issue will be with Disney Hollywood ADVENTURE and Islands of ADVENTURE.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
My issue with this name is the same confusion for non-Disney enthusiasts that confuse Disney Hollywood STUDIOS with Universal STUDIOS. Same issue will be with Disney Hollywood ADVENTURE and Islands of ADVENTURE.

I think they will figure it out when they want to go to the one with Star Wars...

*1023*

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
People constantly show up at both USF and DHS with tickets to the wrong park. And they come to DHS wanting Potter.

I offer 2 explanations for this:

1.) The USF advertising still cannot overcome the idea that everything fun in Orlando is Disney.

2.) Some people may not understand that drying you hair in the bathtub full of water is a bad idea.

*1023*

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT

1.) The USF advertising still cannot overcome the idea that everything fun in Orlando is Disney.

2.) Some people may not understand that drying you hair in the bathtub full of water is a bad idea.

*1023*

I have overheard several times ppl looking at a map of DHS and wondering where Harry Potter was. I was made the mistake of trying to explain they were at the wrong park and the person proceeded to tell me I was wrong and they weren't stupid. I replied "Well I am not saying you are stupid but you'd think Harry Potter would actually be on the map if it was in the park. But good luck finding it in Disney...when it is at Universal." haha

ctrlaltdel

If they can't do the research to which park is correct and which one a certain attraction is in, that's on them. We have the internet for god's sakes, it isn't that hard to figure out.

truecoat

That's not quite what we are talking about. It is more the fact that you make a joke of dying on a ride that is related with the deaths of two people. Its a matter of poor taste.

I think one of the reasons that ride has two deaths is the very nature of Disney rides in general. There is no ride as extreme as this one in any of the Florida parks. If you have ridden most of the rides, this one couldn't be so bad.

*1023*

Can't remember who told the story of seeing a man crying in the contemporary lobby because he realized he booked a Disney vacation to take his kids to Harry Potter.

Bocabear

They are called details... an essential part of living. If you don't notice them you get what you deserve...Booking a Disney Vacation for Harry Potter... easily avoidable if you actually spend a minute to figure out what you are doing...

Brian Swan

So for Phase 3 (sorry if someone answered this already, I may have missed it), if it is indeed Cars Land, is it going to be a carbon (or near carbon copy) to the Cars Land out at DCA? Or will they change it up a little bit?
I'm not a cartography guy who can do accurate map layovers, but having been to Carsland, and knowing the DHS real estate available, I don't see how they could do an exact replica in FL - and anything less would be a disappointment. As cool as Carsland is, I'm in the school that hopes it remains unique to DCA and they develop a different IP in DHS. And PLEASE, no Marvel. If I want that (which I really don't), I can go to Uni. There are more than enough underdeveloped Disney/Pixar IPs that DHS could have something truly unique...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm not a cartography guy who can do accurate map layovers, but having been to Carsland, and knowing the DHS real estate available, I don't see how they could do an exact replica in FL - and anything less would be a disappointment. As cool as Carsland is, I'm in the school that hopes it remains unique to DCA and they develop a different IP in DHS. And PLEASE, no Marvel. If I want that (which I really don't), I can go to Uni. There are more than enough underdeveloped Disney/Pixar IPs that DHS could have something truly unique...

When the Carsland rumor surfaced a couple years ago some people did some overlay maps that showed that in theory it would fit. Not saying it's going to happen, just that they could fit it if they wanted to.

ihVIC.gif

Brian Swan

I guess that has to be one persons opinion. I have been going to Epcot since it was 3 months old and I enjoy every part of Future World. I like all the shows and all the rides with the exception of the travesty that is the Imagination Pavilion, but, that's just one place. WoL was enjoyable, but, I never went to it very often so I do not really miss it all that much, however, I don't like the empty building concept in a theme park. It makes it look broken. Everything else is just fine, fun and entertaining to me. Apparently, not to you, but, again that is one persons opinion not the majority.
Actually I agree with you. I, too, have been going to EP since a few months after it opened. Do I miss Horizons? Yes - although it would be even more outdated now than it was when it closed. Did I like WoM better than TT? - WAY more, but TT is entertaining enough. Did I prefer The Seas when it was science-focused per Nemo? Yes, but the main attraction, the aquarium exhibits, remains mostly unchanged. There was nothing about WoL that really entertained me; I don't miss it a single bit. The Land has only gotten better with the addition of Soarin'. SE is 90% unchanged, and the backwards descent was always the weak link. Although I miss the original Energy pre-show (cool technology), I think adding Ellen and Bill was actually an improvement (but yes, it could use some updating). MS is one of the most underrated rides in WDW (which COULD use updated videos). The only real disaster is Imagination; the original would be just as timeless now as it was when it opened.

Long way of saying, if I had to skip either EP or DHS, DHS is the one that would go...

doctornick

So, back on the topic of the DHS redo....

It seems the new vibe is that things are getting "accelerated" and we'll see work for TSL start soon and mass closures and construction after the new year. Would it be reasonable to expect all three "phases" to be done by 2020 or so?

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
So, back on the topic of the DHS redo....

It seems the new vibe is that things are getting "accelerated" and we'll see work for TSL start soon and mass closures and construction after the new year. Would it be reasonable to expect all three "phases" to be done by 2020 or so?
I think Phases 1 and 2 are certainly going to be done by 2019!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom